Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: this place is lost,it's gone to ....

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Still saddened by the passing of Miss Tynker2, (Missy).

Blog Entries
    I still check out the forum now & then. This site was the first one i joined and had the most fun, and activity. Learned alot about computers, scored some great deals in the buy/sell section. My biggest mistake as a member, besides being crazy, was trying to force my beliefs upon others. Some things , either you see it, or you don't. Still have alot of love for the site, and the people here. Still saddened by the passing of Miss Tynker2, (Missy).
    Tynk was a sweetheart.

Quite a bit needed hashing out. It is humorous to watch FB denizen coping with the Forum shenanigans we have witnessed here years ago.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hey guys. Been awhile. Maybe it's time to give this another shot.
    I don't think FB is the entire problem here.
    This used to be a great site, and I have many fond memories of time spent here - and I got alot of good help on tech questions I posted way back in the day.

I think things around here got a little too "clique-ish" ... and I think that led to the bashing of folks with different opinions. Just my view.

Also very sad to hear about Tynk. She was so very nice and helped me out alot when I was down for back surgery a few years ago.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    Hey guys. Been awhile. Maybe it's time to give this another shot.
    I don't think FB is the entire problem here.
    This used to be a great site, and I have many fond memories of time spent here - and I got alot of good help on tech questions I posted way back in the day.

I think things around here got a little too "clique-ish" ... and I think that led to the bashing of folks with different opinions. Just my view.

Also very sad to hear about Tynk. She was so very nice and helped me out alot when I was down for back surgery a few years ago.
    this place is tame compared to other online forums I have belonged to,one other very busy forum is so super "clique-ish" and rude to new members that I left that one for just that reason.

I still check out the forum now & then. This site was the first one i joined and had the most fun, and activity. Learned alot about computers, scored some great deals in the buy/sell section. My biggest mistake as a member, besides being crazy, was trying to force my beliefs upon others. Some things , either you see it, or you don't. Still have alot of love for the site, and the people here.

Still saddened by the passing of Miss Tynker2, (Missy).
    Uh oh, I'm afraid I missed this...

I wouldn't say "lost", maybe a little more like evolved! I think everyone that has had a place at SG during the primetime years has either moved on or hung around for the entertainment value...some like me have lurked in once in a while over the past few years just to keep up with old friends. SG was and still is #1 in IMHO for a variety of useful information, from tweaks, software, hardware to gossip...SG has it all. Over the last 12 years this place has been a rollercoaster of events and personalities, each with their own appropriate place. Hopefully this "place" of social gathering will continue for years to come!

SG ROCKS!!! and continue posting all of the BUNNIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BMED View Post
    I wouldn't say "lost", maybe a little more like evolved! I think everyone that has had a place at SG during the primetime years has either moved on or hung around for the entertainment value...some like me have lurked in once in a while over the past few years just to keep up with old friends. SG was and still is #1 in IMHO for a variety of useful information, from tweaks, software, hardware to gossip...SG has it all. Over the last 12 years this place has been a rollercoaster of events and personalities, each with their own appropriate place. Hopefully this "place" of social gathering will continue for years to come!

SG ROCKS!!! and continue posting all of the BUNNIES!!!
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...37#post2406137

Awesome BUNNIES...now wait for it! wait for it! Here comes the blast from the past in the next post!

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    As soon as the 2012 elections roll around I'm sure there will be plenty of discussions where people get to trash one another...and then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post

Just saying!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Just saying!
    I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by BMED View Post
    I disagree!
    Care?

Remember Care?

2 test?

Remember Test?

T H At !!!

Really?, curing cancer is a bust? proteins do not work? universe is different?

Really?, Really?, Really?

Wake up?!

I gotz 3 microscopes that tell me this is happening. Proteins using the TOE tell me this is true.

Proteins?...........HUMMMM!

What is a TOE?

Give you a hint...27 is cobalt.