Thread: Issue Playing DDO

Issue Playing DDO

Dont know if its all graphical games or only this one, however i am getting an issue where the game locks up randomly, its not an actual crash the mouse still moves eventually, and it took about an hour to alt tab out. its always in instances not sure if something big is happening then or something just craps out.

Also idk if you guys want me to post my specs with some sort of program?

amd athlon 3200+ processor ati x800 gfx card 4 1gig stick DDR ram Windows XP sp 3.

oh yes and also, i thought it was a heat problem got 3 fans in there now no change to the temp stay between 35-40 using coretemp program. only thing i can think of is video card? which if so what should i get? my psu is only a 350.

Sorry i posted this in the wrong spot you can delete it, i moved it to gaming thread
    Last edited by Menaceofri; 04-19-11 at 09:11 PM.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'd scan for malware, run a checkdisk, ensure latest drivers, and BIOS. My hunch is, judging by the age of the computer, that your hard drive is beginning to fail.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

okay well i used malware bytes it came up with nothing, did a chkdsk and idk how the results came up because i fell asleep waiting, but it went to windows after that. im not sure what BIOS is or what you want me to do there. is there any way for me to know what the problem is or is it all just guessing? i bought a new video card to test that out and the problem persists. what other drivers would i update besides video card? I dont have legit windows xp so i cant do windows update. any help would be appreciated.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    On an old computer it is a guessing game.
    BIOS is basically the firmware of your motherboard, you get BIOS flash updates from the motherboard manufacturers website.
    Drivers for the motherboard are also important, get those from the same place.

No Microsoft Updates....yikes! Every time you're out on the internet that computers getting bombed with exploits.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Okay well i determined i use a K8N Neo4 Platinum MS-7125 i ran msi live update and what not and it didnt detect any updates which either means i guessed the wrong manufacterer or they stopped updating the drivers for it? And ive never had a legit version of windows this is what the computer place that built my computer gave me. Prior to the authentification software it worked pretty well. I regularly run various programs and my computer seems pretty clean, though i dont use any anti virus software either.