Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening a Facebook account

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    This +1

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    It doesn't cause any harm to relationships. After all Facebook can't make a person post something about themselves that they don't want shared. The problem is with the person who posts private information in a public place.
    Thank You! No one is forcing anyone to put information on the net you don't want. Just because there is a space for your phone number or birthday or whatever, it doesn't mean you have to fill it in. smh...

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Thank You! No one is forcing anyone to put information on the net you don't want. Just because there is a space for your phone number or birthday or whatever, it doesn't mean you have to fill it in. smh...
    It's a world filled with people looking to point the finger elsewhere instead of taking responsiblity for their own actions.

I'll bump this thread instead of makin another but this is another REAL GOOD reason not to use FB or put you're personal experiences online!!

http://blogs.forbes.com/kashmirhill/...r-seven-years/

Last week, the Federal Trade Commission gave a stamp of approval to a background check company that screens job applicants based on their Internet photos and postings. The FTC determined that Social Intelligence Corp. was in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This means a search of what you’ve said or posted to Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/blogs and the Internet in general may become a standard part of background checks when you apply for a job.

No big deal, right? You already knew that employers were Googling you. I argued this was actually better, because Social Intelligence has to make sure its clients inform job applicants if they took adverse action based on something found on the Internet. That way you can delete and change privacy settings accordingly.

But there’s a wrinkle. If something job-threatening pops up on Facebook or Flickr or Craigslist in a search of you, Social Intelligence puts it into your file — and it stays there for seven years.
    Check out these pictures of what they will look like:

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'll bump this thread instead of makin another but this is another REAL GOOD reason not to use FB or put you're personal experiences online!!
    Yeah...apply some common sense when you post stuff. Lets use another example..that guy from JackAss...proudly tweeting/posting pictures of himself consuming alcohol before climbing into his Porsche with a friend and crashing off the road at over 100mph. "Way to be a roll model to male teens...yeah!"

Some people just don't think! Don't blame the products..such as Facebook or Twitter...blame the lack of the persons ability to censor their own actions....aka "use your head".
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    1 in 5 divorces site facebook.
    47.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Some people just don't think! Don't blame the products..such as Facebook or Twitter...blame the lack of the persons ability to censor their own actions....aka "use your head".
    This is true. Even the most educated people don't use their head. I mean look at the most recent event with "the" Congressman who posted his hard-on on Twitter. I still don't comprehend it. (I know one of you are going to say he didn't use the right head! )

Yeah...apply some common sense when you post stuff. Lets use another example..that guy from JackAss...proudly tweeting/posting pictures of himself consuming alcohol before climbing into his Porsche with a friend and crashing off the road at over 100mph. "Way to be a roll model to male teens...yeah!"

Sometimes even a tool such as a hammer will hit you're finger

Sometimes even a tool such as a hammer will hit you're finger
    Not the hammers fault...if it hit me...it's my right hands fault for incorrect aim or swing. The fault still comes back to me.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Not the hammers fault...if it hit me...it's my right hands fault for incorrect aim or swing. The fault still comes back to me.
    But had you not had to use the hammer in the first place it still wouldn't have been a issue.

But had you not had to use the hammer in the first place it still wouldn't have been a issue.
    Nah, that doesn't work. I need something to pound something else into yet another thing. If I don't have a hammer...I'll find something else like a rock. But at least I won't be afraid to pick it up and use it. I refuse to not be able to get something I need or want....no sense in hiding my head in the sand.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Good point. Hammers should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Damn right!!! They are lethal weapons!!

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    If you outlaw hammers, then only outlaws will be Too Legit To Quit.
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

Blog Entries
    It is a common and valid argument that the tool is not to blame. Still, some folks should not use point objects.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chimdogger View Post
    If you outlaw hammers, then only outlaws will be Too Legit To Quit.

Closest relavent thread I could find to not start a new one and give it any more spot light but... TAKE IT DOWN BABY!!! WOOOOOOOO

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social....html?hpt=hp_t2

Apparently, "Anonymous" won't be accepting your friend request.

Members of the shadowy collective known for its politically motivated Web hacks and attacks are targeting Facebook for what they claim to be the social-networking giant's misuse of personal information.

"Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed," the speaker said in a YouTube video, which was posted July 16 but started circulating widely this week.

Using a voice modulator to disguise his (or her) voice, the speaker, who purports to represent Anonymous, invites viewers to "join the cause and kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy."

"Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your privacy settings, and deleting your account is impossible," the speaker says. "Even if you delete your account, all your information stays on Facebook and can be recovered at any time."
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FacebookOp

The video also makes the unsubstantiated claim that Facebook has been selling user information to government agencies and giving it to security firms so they can spy on people.

A Facebook spokesman declined comment Tuesday on the alleged Anonymous plot.

But the site has repeatedly said it doesn't sell information and doesn't share user information with any third parties that the user hasn't approved.

If they couldn't take down Amazon.......
    Guinness for Strength!!!

If they couldn't take down Amazon.......
    well we can only hope now can we

Good god sava, will you ever be done hijacking this thread.