Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 Thread

I'll stick with Chrome, much faster and many more features with the extensions. When is Microsoft going to allow extensions/addons like Chrome and Firefox? Having so many customizations to block ads and such is a must to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Sava, should I try this again?!
    It doesn't work on Windows 98 or 2000, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    It doesn't work on Windows 98 or 2000, sorry.

I still have two XP PC's with IE 7.

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    i still have two xp pc's with ie 7.
    wtf!! Omg!!

I installed it on a Vista Basic PC and it on first launch it crashed. I could never get it to open with crashing.
    Sava, should I try this again?!
    It installed without any issues this time.

Interesting that the installer on Win 7 Pro shuts off explorer.exe & restarts it. It also kills MSE and restarts it.
    I like the new icon.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Interesting that the installer on Win 7 Pro shuts off explorer.exe & restarts it. It also kills MSE and restarts it.
    I like the new icon.
    Yeah....assuming its replacing explorer.exe due to the new tight integration with Windows. Integration with the Windows taskbar. Or ability to put application shortcuts in the browser and launch from there. The line between the local host (OS)...and the web...is getting cloudy....

They've always been similar before...from Windows Explorer...while browsing the contents of your C drive or some folder.....you can go to that path bar and type in a web address and it flips right to IE and out to the web you go. Or from IE...in the address bar you could type in C:\<folder name> and enter and BAM you'd be there in explorer. But never crossed the line they can now.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

It shut down a couple of apps and MSE on my PC. The Security Essentials icon went red and a warning popup just hit the screen as it was shut down with explorer. I got a popup saying Setpoint and a couple of other apps had to be shut down to updates files when i started the install. I can see a few people getting nervous when they loose their desktop.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.

It's kinda neat.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Yeah....assuming its replacing explorer.exe due to the new tight integration with Windows. Integration with the Windows taskbar. Or ability to put application shortcuts in the browser and launch from there. The line between the local host (OS)...and the web...is getting cloudy....

They've always been similar before...from Windows Explorer...while browsing the contents of your C drive or some folder.....you can go to that path bar and type in a web address and it flips right to IE and out to the web you go. Or from IE...in the address bar you could type in C:\<folder name> and enter and BAM you'd be there in explorer. But never crossed the line they can now.
    Yea, I remember insecure Win98 networks where TCP/IP was bound to Client for MS Networks. Back in early cable Internet days you could access another subscribers drive right through IE! I used to do network scans using Languard and pick targets. BTW, I still have that original 1.0 & 2.0 Languard & it runs just fine on Win7.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Yea, I remember insecure Win98 networks where TCP/IP was bound to Client for MS Networks. Back in early cable Internet days you could access another subscribers drive right through IE! I used to do network scans using Languard and pick targets. BTW, I still have that original 1.0 & 2.0 Languard & it runs just fine on Win7.
    LOL yeah I remember those days....almost like browsing through network neighborhood. People pluggin a PC right into the original bridged DSL modems with PPPoE software like EnterNET300, or on cable..just right into the mode (unfortunately still popular today) Matter of fact....one small ISP that fed DSL to an island...they didn't even block netbios....and you COULD browse network neighborhood (by default workgroup name) and see other peoples computers and drill into them. They literally had simple Netgear unmanaged switches in the telco.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Advanced Member
    I uninstalled IE9 and back to IE 8.

I have few issues that I couldn't solve.

1. I use Adobe Acrobat professional to print documents into PDF files. After installing IE9, the PDF documents created have weird characters and no solution that I can find at Adobe website.

After reverting to IE8, no problem at all. This was the main issue for me and didn't want to waste my time to find a fix if there is any.

2. They put Menu bar below the Tabs Row and I couldn't find a way to move the raw.

3. Also I don't see any option to customize the Tool bar.

If I right click my command bar I see a customize option? I've added ieSpell to it.

Quote Originally Posted by satyre View Post
    I uninstalled IE9 and back to IE 8.

I have few issues that I couldn't solve.

1. I use Adobe Acrobat professional to print documents into PDF files. After installing IE9, the PDF documents created have weird characters and no solution that I can find at Adobe website.

After reverting to IE8, no problem at all. This was the main issue for me and didn't want to waste my time to find a fix if there is any.

2. They put Menu bar below the Tabs Row and I couldn't find a way to move the raw.

3. Also I don't see any option to customize the Tool bar.
    I've not heard of this error... prob re-installing Adobe Reader X would have corrected it, better yet just use foxit reader. Windows updates will force it before long so may as well work with it.

Advanced Member
    Sava,

It is not just Adobe reader, I am using the full Adobe program to create PDF documents.

Yes, one day I will install the IE9 after everybody deals with it and goes through this kind of issues. I don't want to waste my time with it. It is like we are living for the PC, not to use it to perform our work.

Every time jump into a new version of anything some kind of problems come up and then can't do the real work but spending lots of time to find a fix for the problem. So, I will wait until Adobe come up with a fix with IE9 or MS fix it.

I mainly use FF, sometimes I am forced to use IE due to some website compatibility or optimization or whatever.. I noticed that some of the online forms and website designed for IE and margins or alignments all screw up if I use FF. In those cases I use IE.

I asked this question few posts above.

Is there any way the Menus bar in IE9 can be moved above the Tabs Raw?

This reg edit would put it on top in IE 7 & 8. I haven't tried it on IE 9 though.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
    "ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

Quote Originally Posted by satyre View Post
    Sava,

It is not just Adobe reader, I am using the full Adobe program to create PDF documents.

Yes, one day I will install the IE9 after everybody deals with it and goes through this kind of issues. I don't want to waste my time with it. It is like we are living for the PC, not to use it to perform our work.

Every time jump into a new version of anything some kind of problems come up and then can't do the real work but spending lots of time to find a fix for the problem. So, I will wait until Adobe come up with a fix with IE9 or MS fix it.

I mainly use FF, sometimes I am forced to use IE due to some website compatibility or optimization or whatever.. I noticed that some of the online forms and website designed for IE and margins or alignments all screw up if I use FF. In those cases I use IE.

I asked this question few posts above.

Is there any way the Menus bar in IE9 can be moved above the Tabs Raw?
    Perhaps it's something else causing it cause out of all the forums I read I haven't heard of this issue. Maybe contacting MS and asking them if they know of a possible cause?

I found the last beta to be more stable than the "stable" release

Is there a way to shrink that ugly ass back button? lol.