Thread: New BF3 gameplay footage

New BF3 gameplay footage

I have mixed reviews on this, they have taken the arcade "fast run and gun" action feel away and made it like Call of Duty from what I can tell. I didn't see no jets, no choppers, no tanks showing the player jumping in and out of so I'm not sure what to think of this.

Check it out and see what you think. I got the video embedded on the link below

http://gamerscrib.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7156

Looks like the same old thing again. I wonder if the multiplayer will be more focused on competition/tournament play than COD Black Ops to try and capitalize on the eSports market.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Looks like the same old thing again. I wonder if the multiplayer will be more focused on competition/tournament play than COD Black Ops to try and capitalize on the eSports market.
    The competition community really wanted them to focus on tourny play, I do know that. Problem here it looks like all single player action, it looks like call of duty which is a major let down. Where are the rag doll effects?? I enjoyed blowing someone up and their body just flopping around. If you hide behind a burned out car and a tank shots at it then you and the car should go flying..plain and simple. I would really like to see the graphics when a player enters a vehicle, love to see a list of all the vehicles as well.

Jawz said Crysis 2 looked like COD as well so I'm wondering what in the world EA is pushing for here. I can't get Crysis 2 demo to load lol....some odd error so I'm going to just ignore it till my game arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Jawz said Crysis 2 looked like COD as well so I'm wondering what in the world EA is pushing for here. I can't get Crysis 2 demo to load lol....some odd error so I'm going to just ignore it till my game arrives.
    Ya I can't run Crysis 2, but I watched a stream of the demo for a bit, its like COD + abilities.

I just installed and played the new Crysis 2 demo and it was pretty fun. Boring realistic weapons as always with military games but I have only played it for a few minutes so that aspect might improve over time.
    The game played surprisingly well on my meager system @ 1600x1200.

The reason why EA is making copy cat games of CoD is because CoD sells. They are in it for money just like all the other companies. Unfortunately they don't care about the minority of FPS gamers that put them on the map way before consoles were mainstream.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What issues you guys having with the Crysis 2 demo on your system? Jake installed it on the system I built for him 2x XMas's ago...said it ran fine on it, guess he quickly bored of the game though.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    What issues you guys having with the Crysis 2 demo on your system? Jake installed it on the system I built for him 2x XMas's ago...said it ran fine on it, guess he quickly bored of the game though.
    I got it to load via steam..not sure of the installer issue, but I deleted it since the full game comes out next week.

I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 3. I've loved all of their games online, by far my favorite first person shooter series.

A friend of mine just got me playing BFBC2 ( I haven't played Battlefield since I was playing with [SG] in BF:v and BF2 ) I love the way they really incorporate the team work and each class having a specific role that helps the team. There are many ways to rack up points beyond KDR. As a matter of fact , KDR is one of the lower methods for "Points Per Minute".

With BF3 being based on PC instead of a console port , I'm really hoping they get the Helo and turret controls working better than in BFBC2. I've had to go through and manually tweak the .dbx files to make it playable for me in vehicles.
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

http://gamerscrib.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7978

I highly suggest you download the torrent at the bottom of that link to get the full 331mb 1080p video version vs watching that crap youtube video...but I came in my shorts after watching it.... pure multiplayer action!!

It looks good from that video. I hope it plays as good as it looks. If so they will finalyl be back on track.