Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I may

Thumbs down If I may

Have an employee that may be leaving. Right now, I no longer feel comfortable nor feel the need to waste my time working with this person any more.

I would like to just call them out and say make your choice so I can get on with my job. I have bent over backwards and over looked a lot with this person over the last year.

The part that hurts me the most is that I have truly enjoyed working with this person and I tend to forget everything else that is going on when we are working together.

I guess making the sun rise and set on someone gets you no where in the end.

Maybe I'm the one in the wrong here.

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    Really man dont you think its time to find a new job if you hate it so much? I see tons of your post about your job but you do nothing about it. Seems like you would get a new job but you dont, maybe you just like to bitch? Just trying to understand why you stay there if you dont like it.

Over the years you've made it sound as though your place of work is the most miserable place in the US to work. So hearing someone is leaving doesn't sound strange or bad.

Even if it was a decent place to work at, if that person thinks they have a better opportunity, it could make sense for them to leave.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Right now, I no longer feel comfortable nor feel the need to waste my time working with this person any more.
    Right there is the problem. If you enjoyed working the person......why suddenly stop enjoying working with them. If they're leaving the job for some reason...no matter what the reason, if you enjoyed working with them, if you enjoyed the person.....relish that, be thankful for the chance to have done so. Yeah it's sad when a co-working that you liked leaves...but it's just another chapter in your job/life. Someone else may come in to fill that spot....they may be better, they may be worse..but they'll be unique.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Really man dont you think its time to find a new job if you hate it so much? I see tons of your post about your job but you do nothing about it. Seems like you would get a new job but you dont, maybe you just like to bitch? Just trying to understand why you stay there if you dont like it.
    I welcome the day that I can post here about finding another job. It is not going to happen in the near future. I am not in the position to move to another city or state.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places to find something else.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places to find something else.
    Are you in a very small town, and this is the only place with larger IT needs around?
    We're hiring! Looking for someone to fill the shoes of book keeper, phones, and marketing.

How about a change of career? I'm looking to bail in IT in another year or two...once my wife gets more settled and steady in her real estate....I'll be joining her.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Hey, the Marines are always looking for a few good men.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Oh real nice, man. Way to go. "A few good men." Hes hurting because hes losing a good co-worker and you call him fat!

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I'm looking to bail in IT in another year or two...once my wife gets more settled and steady in her real estate....I'll be joining her.
    What!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    How about a change of career?
    Would love to. Problem is I know nothing else. When I see what you, and others post of your technical knowledge, I'm not even in the same league anymore.

I would fail instantly.

I just can't believe how I let people's actions "get to me"

*shakes head

We love ya CD. I know at times we get a little critical on ya. Sometimes others (who are not involved) can see what you are doing.

What I see that is your stumbling block is this:

It is not going to happen in the near future. I am not in the position to move to another city or state.
    You see...we create our reality. Tomorrow is a result of your thoughts and words this very second. If you say "it is not going to happen in the near future," it won't. You are projecting that.

Anything is possible. Just because you can't see it at this time, doesn't mean it is impossible.

I would fail instantly.
    Hey they won't even talk to me. Do you think it's because I'm just not a good man or because of my oxygen cannula that is stuck in my nose?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    You see...we create our reality. Tomorrow is a result of your thoughts and words this very second. If you say "it is not going to happen in the near future," it won't. You are projecting that.

Anything is possible. Just because you can't see it at this time, doesn't mean it is impossible.
    So if I say you and I are going to have sex in the future, it will happen?

So if I say you and I are going to have sex in the future, it will happen?
    When you say "are going to have sex," it is implying that we have not had sex yet.

Keep it in the present as if it is happening right now.

Well, if your work sux and you have no reasonable way to correct that, try kicking your home life up a couple of notches to help balance out your life...

Having a companion will often help out... When you get off work, maybe head to the mall, grocery store, hair salon (you have no idea how many I have met and had relations with after meeting them in a salon...), get a mani/pedi, go someplace that involves something you like so you will have mutual interests and something to talk about (hobby store, model trains, RC cars, coin/stamp shop, camping/sporting goods store, etc.), and just start talking to people... Talk to girls that you are not even interested in to help develop your skills as you will have no inhibitions with them... Play dumb in the grocery store and ask some females what they suggest for preparing this, how they do that, what wine goes with... "Oh, that sounds cool, if only I had you to show me, perhaps you could find the goodness in your heart to help a brother out"... blah, blah, blah... (Watch for the magic ring and avoid the married kind...)

You will be surprised what can come your way when you start a convo, make a funny, etc... Trust me, it works... If you go through life waiting for a mate to approach you, you will most likely have a long and lonely wait, which will most definitely affect the other aspects of your life...

No fear, dude! Besides, they have to kill you before they can eat you,...and, in truth...being eaten isn't so bad... Now, go get'em tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    ..and, in truth...being eaten isn't so bad... Now, go get'em tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe how I let people's actions "get to me"

*shakes head
    I was not referring to anyone on here, It's the morons in real life that I continue to allow to bring me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Well, if your work sux and you have no reasonable way to correct that, try kicking your home life up a couple of notches to help balance out your life...

Having a companion will often help out... When you get off work, maybe head to the mall, grocery store, hair salon (you have no idea how many I have met and had relations with after meeting them in a salon...), get a mani/pedi, go someplace that involves something you like so you will have mutual interests and something to talk about (hobby store, model trains, RC cars, coin/stamp shop, camping/sporting goods store, etc.), and just start talking to people... Talk to girls that you are not even interested in to help develop your skills as you will have no inhibitions with them... Play dumb in the grocery store and ask some females what they suggest for preparing this, how they do that, what wine goes with... "Oh, that sounds cool, if only I had you to show me, perhaps you could find the goodness in your heart to help a brother out"... blah, blah, blah... (Watch for the magic ring and avoid the married kind...)

You will be surprised what can come your way when you start a convo, make a funny, etc... Trust me, it works... If you go through life waiting for a mate to approach you, you will most likely have a long and lonely wait, which will most definitely affect the other aspects of your life...

No fear, dude! Besides, they have to kill you before they can eat you,...and, in truth...being eaten isn't so bad... Now, go get'em tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's part of the problem. Not having anyone.