Thread: TCP Optimizer causing mouse to stop working

TCP Optimizer causing mouse to stop working

I installed TCP Optimizer on one of my PC's last night, optimized using "optimal", rebooted and went to bed.

Tonight I installed TCP Otimizer on my second PC, optimized using "optimal", rebooted, and noticed my mouse wasn't working immediately following reboot.

I went to my first PC and on that PC the mouse was also not working.

My first PC has a Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse.

My second PC has a Logitech diNovo Edge bluetooth integrated keyboard/mouse.

The wireless/bluetooth keyboard of both my computers worked, just no mouse.

I went into the Mouse setting under Control Panel and the hardware tab was completely empty.

I clicked on Add New Hardware in Control Panel and it didn't pick up the mouse at all.

On my first PC I tried reinstalling the latest version of IntelliPoint software but my mouse still didn't work following reboot. I got my first PC mouse working again by selecting "Last Known Good Configuration" option upon boot.

I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" on my second PC but the mouse still didn't work upon reboot. I downloaded the latest Logitech SetPoint driver and ran the install. Upon SetPoint uninstalling the original SetPoint software and reboot the mouse started working again. Following reboot (and mouse now working) SetPoint continued with its software install.

Both times I restored the backup TCP Optimizer created at some point in trying to get my mouse working so that may have helped in restoring my mouse.

I have searched and can't find this being a large spread problem, yet I get it on both my computers. Only 1 other reported case back in 2005 with no solution.

Any suggestions on what setting could be preventing my mouse from working upon boot following TCP Optimizer?

I want TCP Optimizer to optimize my settings, without losing my mouse.

Something else is causing your "mouse" not to work on the PC's... it has nothing to do with TCP Optimizer as it doesn't effect any such device.

Post a hijackthis log cause there may be something else there causing that problem... plus it gives alot more info as to what your dealing with.

Thank you for your reply.

I will look into hijackthis and produce a log - I appreciate the assistance.

I'm confident it is a setting TCP Optimizer is adjusting. I say this because when I got my first PC working again by using "First Known Good Configuration", I reapplied the Optimal setting using TCP Optimizer and after reboot sure enough mouse stopped working.

Without reapplying the TCP Optimizer setting I can reboot the computer as much as I like and the mouse works every time.

Please also note that I have had this PC for many years, on 24/7, and this only occurred following applying TCP Optimizer, and on two different PC's.

I look forward to trying hijackthis and see what it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ero96 View Post

I'm confident it is a setting TCP Optimizer is adjusting.
    I'm thinking it is something else that just got effected from other means, the adjustment of certain settings could have corrected things already screwed up. Yeah give a hijackthis log.. also set your computer to do a scan disk, make sure to check both boxes and restart see if it repairs some corruption.