Thread: I like this Verizon Droid X motorola phone,but

I like this Verizon Droid X motorola phone,but

I really like this phone,anyone have this one ?

and I want the phone now,but I think I want to wait for the 4G version and the bigger 4g coverage rollout later this year,currently the phone only comes in a 3g(here anyway) and the only 4G coverage is in the SF bay area.

my contract is up in march,and I am getting bored with this iphone 3g I have now

what are your thoughts ?

All this 4G talk is bogus.... hell they can't even provide reliable and top speeds for 3G let alone go any higher. Was reading the other day where all this talk of it is pretty much false advertising. What attracts me to a phone is long battery life, strong signal reception and it not dying or breaking after a few drops...I could care less about surfing the net on it.

well I do care about internet access,I need it in the field for my work(they already give me a phone allowance)with my LT,so yes,I need email and internet anywhere I go,plus on vacations I like it too.currently I use tethering with my iPhone which works great,on my LT,
    like I said,I am interested in this phone for it's features and screen size as well.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Wife has the Droid X...she loves it. It's too big for me...I usually keep my phone in my jacket pocket, or in hot weather...the dang hip holster. So too big for me.

Regarding 4G...over here on the East Coast..it's in Boston, but not in our area yet. BUT...towers are lighting up in the spring in our area.

It's nice for tethering. I don't use my phone for much else....sometimes Pandora....so that will be nice when we get 4G. Otherwise..just my office e-mail and texting, and occasional tethering. Will be nice to hotspot-tether at 4G speeds.

I setup about 30x wireless hotspots on LG Ally droids..for their nurses to use out in the field and remote into the terminal server.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Wife has the Droid X...she loves it. It's too big for me...I usually keep my phone in my jacket pocket, or in hot weather...the dang hip holster. So too big for me.

Regarding 4G...over here on the East Coast..it's in Boston, but not in our area yet. BUT...towers are lighting up in the spring in our area.

It's nice for tethering. I don't use my phone for much else....sometimes Pandora....so that will be nice when we get 4G. Otherwise..just my office e-mail and texting, and occasional tethering. Will be nice to hotspot-tether at 4G speeds.

I setup about 30x wireless hotspots on LG Ally droids..for their nurses to use out in the field and remote into the terminal server.
    ya,I don't like belt clip holders too much either,I like the dickies shorts in the warmer weather with the cell phone pocket,I don't usually keep the phone on my body anyway,I do like the bigger screen on it though.

IMO I should wait,because with my luck,I would get the 3g version of the droid x and then a week after the return time expires they would rollout 4g here

Take a peek at the LG Revolution! Kinda like the Droid X....but she's 4G!
    Also the Motorola Bionic.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Looking at the features the phone offers it looks pretty good...just the networks are not ready for it or others. Even in a big city your going to lose out on the false advertising of 4G. I'm forced to get a data plan with my current LG phone but its slower than all get out even on a mountain looking right at a tower!!

Interesting read on network speeds 3G to 4G etc...
    http://www.pcmag.com/print_article2/...?hidPrint=true

Review of the phone
    http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/droid-x-review

For even more reviews..go to their site and just read through them after you click on the phone itself from users.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Interesting read on network speeds 3G to 4G etc...
    http://www.pcmag.com/print_article2/...?hidPrint=true.
    A painfully lacking article. One of their mistakes was assuming that currently measured speeds will be the end all results cast in stone. Nope...4G is still quite new, still being rolled out..and much work needs to be done.

To me..going from approx 1 meg, to anything over 5 megs...will be great, and well worth it.
    One thing they got right in the article, mentioning Verizons excellent coverage, especially dominating up here in the NE. And what it boils down to with phones..is coverage. A partial connection at 3 megs is better than no connection at all from some small carrier that brags about an 8 meg 4G connection.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Sprint has great 4g coverage in RI!

got the x and love it to me far better than the iphone love the flash support.

have to say the phone could be louder.hard to hear with out speaker phone.

Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    got the x and love it to me far better than the iphone love the flash support.

have to say the phone could be louder.hard to hear with out speaker phone.
    I have the HTC Incredible and within a month the speaker was blown. I really love the Incredible, so I went ahead and exchanged it for another one. No complaints about 3G service for me. 3G is plenty fast for me when it comes to phones.