Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    And yet, according to fox "news" global warming is a hoax http://nation.foxnews.com/business/2...est-hoax-world
    It is a hoax. I know many don't want to believe it, but it's the truth.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    And yet, according to fox "news" global warming is a hoax http://nation.foxnews.com/business/2...est-hoax-world
    I don't believe it's a hoax....I believe it's true, but I also believe its part of the normal cycles of our planet.
    Has mankind affected the climate of our planet? Yes...I believe we have, and in a negative manner.
    But, IMO, this "global warming" thing is being over hyped in typical media fashion.

Our planet has seen the oceans rise and fall before....think about the last great ice age. Wasn't really that long ago..considering the earths long history.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Advanced Member
    It starts in the Oceans.....silly humans...

http://news.discovery.com/earth/ocea...on-110621.html

Pollution and global warming are pushing the world's oceans to the brink of a mass extinction of marine life unseen for tens of millions of years, a consortium of scientists warned Monday.

Dying coral reefs, biodiversity ravaged by invasive species, expanding open-water "dead zones," toxic algae blooms, the massive depletion of big fish stocks -- all are accelerating, they said in a report compiled during an April meeting in Oxford of 27 of the world's top ocean experts.

These symptoms, moreover, could be the harbinger of wider disruptions in the interlocking web of biological and chemical interactions that scientists now call the Earth system.

Up to now, these and other impacts have been studied mainly in isolation. Only recently have scientists began to understand how these forces interact.

"We have underestimated the overall risks, and that the whole of marine degradation is greater than the sum of its parts," Rogers said. "That degradation is now happening at a faster rate than predicted."

Pollution has also taken a heavy toll, rendering the oceans less resilient to climate change.

Runoff from nitrogen-rich fertilizer, killer microbes, and hormone-disrupting chemicals, for example, have all contributed to the mass die-off of corals, crucial not just for marine ecosystems but a lifeline for hundreds of millions of people too.

"We now face losing marine species and entire marine ecosystems, such as coral reefs, within a single generation," said Daniel Laffoley, head of the International Union for Conservation of Nature's (IUCN) World Commission on Protected Areas, and co-author of the report.

"And we are also probably the last generation that has enough time to deal with the problems," he told AFP by phone.
    We need the oceans to live.....its sad how few people realize that....not even knowing that every thought and action either does either makes the earth stronger or weaker.....in this day and age we are technologically advanced a few baby steps on the pyramid but have a leprosy of taking care of that which sustains us....I believe human beings are the only species on the planet which knowingly destroys or poisons the food that it eats, the water it drinks, and the air it breathes all in the sake of making it easy and live a cushy life at the expense of the future and their own children.....I mean seriously there is nothing tree hugger about it...we need the trees, the oceans, the rivers, the forests etc to live... literally to be alive, they are part of us....even if say for example one only eats meat or is a big time meat eater...they need herbivores plants and all that nature stuff in order to eat meat....the environment is but only a reflection of the state of our society.......what a time to be alive, unprecedented and amazing things to come....*global warming* being in part....cosmic in another with pandora waiting to open...fully the fault of human influence..no...as every other planet in the solar system is undergoing changes as well...who has the popcorn.

Funny how numerous calendars show the same date as an "ending".

I dont think it will happend in 2012, it's already happening, probably 200 more years and "our" planet will be gone.

I also believe it's a cycle like YOSC mentioned, we are going to be wiped out (by ourselfs) and after few billions years we are going to show up again.
    Worst case scenarion could be some meteorite the size of north america and everything will be gone forever.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

The Aurora Borealis put on a rare show in the night sky Monday
    Anyone see all this last night?? VERY rare event of this to be shown all the way to Georgia!!! Solar action kicking up and cooking the planet huh.

The origin of the aurora begins on the surface of the sun when solar activity ejects a cloud of gas. If one of these reaches earth, taking about 2 to 3 days, it collides with the Earth’s magnetic field. This field is invisible, and if you could see its shape, it would make Earth look like a comet with a long magnetic ‘tail’ stretching a million miles behind Earth in the opposite direction of the sun.

Reminds me of actions in TheCore from last years birds to this....

Hmm..just now hearing about this only a week ahead of time??? Maybe they don't want us to know about the others that they may know about headin this direction.

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011...oon/?hpt=hp_t2

An aircraft carrier-sized asteroid, a little over four football fields in diameter, is heading toward Earth and it will pass closer to our planet than the moon.

NASA has classified the asteroid as a “potentially hazardous object” and it will pass to within .8 lunar distances on November 8. It is the closest approach to Earth of an object this size in over 30 years.

What would happen if an asteroid this size crashed into Earth?

It would result in a 4,000 megaton blast, magnitude 7.0 earthquake and - if it falls into the ocean - could cause a 70-foot high tsunami within 60 miles of the crash site, according to an expert at Purdue University.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Maybe they don't want us to know about the others that they may know about headin this direction.]
    Far too many hobbyists looking into the stars with high end equipment....tons of people doing that for a hobby that would get the word out if something large were looming in their lens.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Hmm..just now hearing about this only a week ahead of time??? Maybe they don't want us to know about the others that they may know about headin this direction.

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011...oon/?hpt=hp_t2
    What happened to you tin foil hat?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    What happened to you tin foil hat?
    lost it when I went trick or treating...

Hope you and yours are doing well. I haven't heard from you in a while (just being a smart ass with the tin foil post).

well Sava ! so far so good,looks like we might just make it ! LOL

Honestly I think it's about time though that Sava was right about one single thing. He wouldn't look so bad.

Better luck next time, Sava!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Blog Entries
    Hemm... While I agree with you, it actually looks great to me and I don't mind him being totally wrong about THAT ONE particular thing

I used to come here a lot, but I actually stopped because I couldn't stand all of Sava's bull$*#!. And the one thing that I remembered from back then was his doomsday garbage.
    I just had to stop back by to see if he would respond to being so wrong, and I'm not surprised he hasn't.
    Maybe the time lock on his bunker hasn't opened yet.
    Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus, and Happy New year to all the SG'ers. (sorry if I forgot anyone)

i don't understand all the sava hate here, i really liked the guy, i miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I live in the sticks behind the bike Shop!!
    Well all I'm still here. Another day, another penny before taxes

Owner: Bullseye Promotions Marketing - bpmarketing.info
    Author: Easy Flow Traffic System E-books
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

To error is human but piss off the wife and all that means nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    He was stubborn to a fault, wouldn't concede a point when proven wrong etc etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by starmax View Post
    well all i'm still here. Another day, another penny before taxes
    :d