Thread: Video Game Console? I need quick Help!

Question Video Game Console? I need quick Help!

Thinking about buying a video game system for the family for Christmas. But, I don't know what to get (if any)

Currently we don't have a game system at all. What I am looking for though is maybe something can can replace the Blu Ray player we currently have.

With the Blu Ray player (Sony) we can use the WiFi to watch netflix and the like as well as play DVD and Blu Ray. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago at Wal-Mart because our DVD player went belly up.

Now I am wondering if I should get a game system instead as my wife is interested in doing a workout to a video game. She is a fan of "the Biggest Loser" and saw they had a game for it. She also saw the x-box new sensor thing and thought it was pretty cool... So, I am just wondering what these game systems can do and if they are worth it...

Of course the Wii stands out because as a kid we both used to enjoy playing Mario Bros and the like. But I want to make sure I get the best for the money and the features.

So, Can they all play Blu Rays? Can they all access the internet (Netflix, YouTube, etc)? Do they all come with wireless or do they require an add-on part or a hard line?

Thanks to all in advance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

Quote Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post

So, Can they all play Blu Rays? Can they all access the internet (Netflix, YouTube, etc)? Do they all come with wireless or do they require an add-on part or a hard line?

Thanks to all in advance
    Well the Playstation is the only one that can do Blu-Ray's, they all can do netflix. If I had to make a pick I'd go with a xbox and the new Kinect which would be good for kids since they don't have to hold a controller. Yeah I'd get that and just a regular standard blu-ray player since they are decently priced now. I currently have a wii but I'll be getting rid of it soon in place of the new xbox when they release as I already have a high end blu-ray player now.

Don't you have a young kid? Probably best to grab the wii for a family system. The New Super mario Bros. is fun.

I have 4 kids... 12, 4, 3, & 1...

I like the PS3 better personally, but I was weighing them all because I think the sensor for the xbox could have it's perks while the wii could really be good for the family as well.

I'm sure I'll pick up a system for myself since I will be spending the next year in Iraq and will want some time of escape from the daily grind. But the wife and kids are the hard part to choose for
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

wii

Quote Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
    I have 4 kids... 12, 4, 3, & 1...

I like the PS3 better personally, but I was weighing them all because I think the sensor for the xbox could have it's perks while the wii could really be good for the family as well.

I'm sure I'll pick up a system for myself since I will be spending the next year in Iraq and will want some time of escape from the daily grind. But the wife and kids are the hard part to choose for
    From a kid point... the less they have to hold and deal with the better so I'd go for the xbox and that new sensor for sure.

XBox for sure.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"