Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: I sooo want this bike

  1. #1
    404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Antarctic Circle
    Posts
    1,376
    Blog Entries
    4

    I sooo want this bike

    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...d-special.html

    If I only had the money...

    I guess I can only dream... *sigh*
    Maybe Santa will get it for me?
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 12-18-10 at 11:59 AM.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

  2. #2
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    I would have thought this would be more your style:

    http://www.dryvit.com/fileshare/doc/..._banner_lg.jpg

  3. #3
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoPenguin View Post
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...d-special.html

    If I only had the money...

    I guess I can only dream... *sigh*
    Maybe Santa will get it for me?

    I like the v-rod too,I will have one in a couple years,it's been too long since I have been on 2 wheels

  4. #4
    404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Antarctic Circle
    Posts
    1,376
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I would have thought this would be more your style:

    http://www.dryvit.com/fileshare/doc/..._banner_lg.jpg
    Somehow everyone thinks that... lol, even my family.
    I like the bulky/stylish look, it sort of reminds me of how the Gallardo and Murciélago look except it'd be in bike form.
    Also on top of that I'd like to add some kind of back seat to take maddocs favorite sheep out for a stroll.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

  5. #5
    404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Antarctic Circle
    Posts
    1,376
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like the v-rod too,I will have one in a couple years,it's been too long since I have been on 2 wheels
    I haven't had a whole lot of experience with a bike so in a sense I'm still a virgin sadly.
    Most of my family doesn't like the idea of getting of a bike, the only ones supportive are my brothers and my cousin.
    Now if it were a car it'd be more like "oh yeah sure son, here take some of this money to help get a new car"
    But when it comes to the bike "You're S.O.L."

    Though I'm glad you'll have one in a couple of years, I'm sure I'll get one within a decade or six.
    Maybe if you and I are still around in a couple of years I'll hit you up to see how well it rides... assuming you've gotten the new bike.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

  6. #6
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    I don't really see the Lambo look in it, have seen some nice custom bikes that I felt brought the look out though, so maybe thats why. Still its a very nice looking bike.

  7. #7
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,861
    The V-Rods are quite a bike....when they first came out I loved them (I still do). Especially do like the black versions of many of the models they have, the Nightster, the Night Train, many of the black denim Street Bobs. And of course mine!

    Got mine out for about a 1.5 hour ride today, temps got close to 40.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  8. #8
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoPenguin View Post
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...d-special.html

    If I only had the money...

    I guess I can only dream... *sigh*
    Maybe Santa will get it for me?
    I want a trike similar to this. However I think my mom’s going to s**t ten litters of kittens when I pull up. Due to a serious unfortunate series of events, I’ve been rendered single again. I’m ready to ride. I miss riding more than sex. I can’t screw my bike but it doesn’t backtalk either. It may just happen if my health holds up. I’m ready to ride more than ever.

    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  9. #9
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoPenguin View Post
    I haven't had a whole lot of experience with a bike so in a sense I'm still a virgin sadly.
    Most of my family doesn't like the idea of getting of a bike, the only ones supportive are my brothers and my cousin.
    Now if it were a car it'd be more like "oh yeah sure son, here take some of this money to help get a new car"
    But when it comes to the bike "You're S.O.L."

    Though I'm glad you'll have one in a couple of years, I'm sure I'll get one within a decade or six.
    Maybe if you and I are still around in a couple of years I'll hit you up to see how well it rides... assuming you've gotten the new bike.
    Do yourself a favor and take the MSF course. It drops insurance too.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  10. #10
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    The V-Rods are quite a bike....when they first came out I loved them (I still do). Especially do like the black versions of many of the models they have, the Nightster, the Night Train, many of the black denim Street Bobs. And of course mine!

    Got mine out for about a 1.5 hour ride today, temps got close to 40.
    Not many people are aware the V-Rod is a joint venture between Porsche and Harley.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  11. #11
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,861
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Not many people are aware the V-Rod is a joint venture between Porsche and Harley.
    Yup! Took an outside influence to get the MoCo to think outside their usual box. The V-Rod would never have emerged like it did if it's design was kept in house.
    I do admire it a lot. There's a guy that lives down the street from me a ways that has one, my ear can always pick out his arrival before I see him...they do have a rather unusual sound. I do admire the bike...but if I had 20k, that's not the Harley I'd get, I do prefer the more classic cruisers.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  12. #12
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    10,303
    Blog Entries
    6
    I prefer the more classic HD look and riding position as well, but V-Rods still look great I didn't know Porsche had something to do with the design, that IS interesting info.

    Some states require the MSF course for a motorcycle endorcement now... I know I had to go through it in FL, it is definitely a good thing !

  13. #13
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Y’all are going to reach through the monitor and choke me, I think the V-Rod is one ugly bike.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  14. #14
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Yup! Took an outside influence to get the MoCo to think outside their usual box. The V-Rod would never have emerged like it did if it's design was kept in house.
    I do admire it a lot. There's a guy that lives down the street from me a ways that has one, my ear can always pick out his arrival before I see him...they do have a rather unusual sound. I do admire the bike...but if I had 20k, that's not the Harley I'd get, I do prefer the more classic cruisers.
    I think the V-Rod is their first venture into water cooling. In a few years I bet you can’t even buy an air cooled bike. The ones made now are so lean they barely run. It’s not like you can just raise the needle in the carb to get the drivability back. Most are fuel-injected, computer controlled now. Now you need a Power Commander and a computer degree to improve drivability.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  15. #15
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    10,303
    Blog Entries
    6
    My Deuce is with a carb, 1450cc Twin Cam, dynoed @ ~75HP (new pipes and jetted carb), pretty happy with it.

  16. #16
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,861
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    I think the V-Rod is their first venture into water cooling. ...Most are fuel-injected, computer controlled now. Now you need a Power Commander and a computer degree to improve drivability
    For a production street bike, yes. Harley has made h2o cooled engines before...the V-Rod (Revolution engine) is based off of the liquid cooled 60 degree v-twin from their VR-1000 racing bike....vs the 45 degree air cooled twins they've otherwise used in most of their bikes.

    The FI is actually nice. She fires up on the first push of the start button, no stalling or coughing when it's cold, and that first 1/2 mile of riding and approaching stop signs 'n lights...no worries about keeping her from stalling and playing with the choke. Low rpm smoothness....rather quick throttle response. Pretty much the only complaint I see of of the FI models is that the idle is too high (1050rpm) and fixed....so guys can't lower the idle to 800 to get that "potato potato" extra slow and lumpy idle.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  17. #17
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    10,303
    Blog Entries
    6
    I've heard people say that low rpm is bad for air cooled engines, it can also contribute to chugging... So it is probably not a bad thing that the idle is set a bit higher <shrug>.

  18. #18
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I've heard people say that low rpm is bad for air cooled engines, it can also contribute to chugging... So it is probably not a bad thing that the idle is set a bit higher <shrug>.
    I've heard too low of an RPM can be bad...yes, the engine can starve for oil..not enough pressure to get to the top of the lungs and coat things. I think bikes that get super low RPM..like 600...I suppose prolonged idle...can starve it.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  19. #19
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    10,303
    Blog Entries
    6
    And oil is directly related to cooling in an air-cooled engine...

  20. #20
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    My Ducati was air/oil cooled. Every time I got stuck in traffic in the French Quarter the damn light came on. An air cooled bike just has a sleeker look to it, no radiator hanging off the front.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Similar Threads

  1. Sooo
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-06-08, 08:27 AM
  2. Sometimes my job can be sooo much fun
    By Izzo in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-12-06, 02:47 PM
  3. Sooo... I see some of us are still up
    By Banshee in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-03, 09:20 AM
  4. I Need Help Sooo Bad!!!!!!
    By yelo01sc2 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-01, 02:01 AM
  5. I Need Help Sooo Bad!!!!!!
    By yelo01sc2 in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-01, 03:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •