Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices at it again..

I should have copped the link........These prices, based purely on speculation, can/are going to cost up to 600,000 jobs.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I should have copped the link........These prices, based purely on speculation, can/are going to cost up to 600,000 jobs.

Ohh I'm sure those numbers will be much higher if the prices don't come back down soon!! I filled up today at $3.49/gallon way WAY too much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Ohh I'm sure those numbers will be much higher if the prices don't come back down soon!! I filled up today at $3.49/gallon way WAY too much!!!
    Below the national average.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Below the national average.
    Yeah we always stay slightly below it here..but the national average shouldn't be any higher than $2/gallon based on tracking of increases over the last 20years when its just everyday business.

Yeah we always stay slightly below it here..but the national average shouldn't be any higher than $2/gallon based on tracking of increases over the last 20years when its just everyday business.
    I saw an article this morning that my city has the highest gas prices in California, which has the highest prices in the country.

Well over $4 per right now.

Eye-popping gas prices on a weekend trip to Yosemite National Park in California have Damaris Santos-Palmer rethinking a family road trip.

Santos-Palmer, her husband and two young children were planning to drive from their Santa Cruz, California, home to New York over six weeks this summer.

"If the gas prices stay the same or continue to go up, we're not going to do it," Santos-Palmer said.

They were planning to stay in hotels and with family and friends along the way.

"But now, there's no way we're going to stay in hotels. If the gas prices continue to be like this, we're just going to have to find places to stay with people or not do the trip at all."

Gas prices could take a bite out of the travel market if other American families pull back on spring and summer road trips.

Santos-Palmer's family celebrated her 28th birthday over the weekend at Yosemite, a five-hour drive from home. Gas near the park, where supply is scarce, was running close to $4.50 per regular gallon, she said. On average, Californians were paying $3.92 a gallon Wednesday, 40 cents above the national average of $3.52, according to AAA's daily report.
    Back East, gas prices haven't cut into strong demand yet at Seralago Hotel & Suites in Kissimmee, Florida, three miles from family travel magnet Disney World. Bookings right now are better than last year as the economy starts to brighten, said general manager Jan Rietveld.

But if fuel prices stay high and continue to rise, he said he expects business to drop a bit as people tailor their plans to suit their budgets.

"If they normally would take a long trip, they go closer in," he said.

Staying closer to home is exactly what some travelers did during the summer of 2008 when fuel prices reached record highs, said AAA national spokesman Troy Green. Still, Americans have a strong desire to travel, and those who book months in advance are likely to go, possibly cutting back on spending for lodging, dining or incidentals, Green said.

AAA won't issue a travel forecast until a few weeks before Memorial Day. In the summer of 2008, the automobile club forecasted a slight decrease in travel for Memorial Day, July Fourth and Labor Day due to economic woes and gas prices hovering around $4 a gallon that July.

For now, Rietveld and other industry professionals are feeling good about spring break.

Panama City Beach, Florida, is looking at a strong spring in the wake of the devastating oil spill last year. The oil disaster doesn't seem to be affecting spring break travel at all, said Dan Rowe, president of Panama City Beach's visitors bureau.

The popular Gulf Coast destination sees the arrival of hundreds of thousands of students as an opportunity to show the world that the oil is gone, he said.

Rowe said he's hoping that gas prices don't dampen the appetite for summer travel. The incremental increase per gallon for gas isn't likely to add that much to the overall cost of a trip from most of the destination's top markets in neighboring states, but lodging providers will be ready with incentives to ease travelers' concerns if prices stay high into the summer, Rowe said.

In 2008, many local lodging companies offered gas gift cards and other added values.

"Anything we can do to make it easier for people to say, 'Yes, I want to come to the beach,' " Rowe said.

In Tampa Bay, Florida, the Busch Gardens theme park is expecting a great year, said park president Jim Dean in an e-mail.

"We have not yet seen our attendance affected by rising gas prices," he said.

A Disney World spokesman declined to comment on how the rising price of fuel might affect that park, but at least one Californian is putting off a trip to sister park Disneyland.

Santos-Palmer said she wanted to take her son to the amusement park in Anaheim, California, for the first time in April to celebrate his fifth birthday, but she "just can't do it."

"It would be more on gas for the two of us than for both of our tickets combined," she said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/03/10...ex.html?hpt=T2

This may well be the final snapping point to bring the whole house of cards crashing down.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Now tell me, why is it that were considering releasing some of our reserves, when what we need to do is stomp on this speculation crap.
    Exactly...America has oil...and our current gas prices are not controlled by supply and demand at all.
    It's a greedy controlled market...and....I stumbled across this
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110309/...ife/us_usa_oil

That's pretty interesting. We need to stop purchasing gas from companies that get most of their oil sources from the middle east, *exxon, mobile, etc) and we need to purchase our gas from companies that get most of their oil from the US, south america..or heck I don't mind BP. Gas companies such as Sunoco and Hess.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Gas prices expected to Soar past $4/gallon!!!
    http://moneywatch.bnet.com/economic-...tionContent.10

Consumers are hunkering down for a whole lot more pain at the gas pump. Gallup reports that nearly half of Americans say they expect to pay at least $4 a gallon for gas at some point this year, or nearly 50 percent more than what we were shelling out a year ago. The CEO of Exxon Mobil recently said $4 a gallon would be a “significant emotional event for a lot of people.” Well yeah, if you count being mad-as-hell at the financial hit we’re taking as “emotional.”
    Perhaps most troubling if you happen to be Ben Bernanke is that 27 percent of Gallup poll respondents eventually expect to pay $5 a gallon for gas. That’s the sort of headwind the economic recovery could do without right about now.

For now, keep your eye out for gas heading over $4.11 a gallon. That’s the average record high posted by AAA in July 2008. Once “all-time record” headlines start to flow, that could surely start to chip away at our national psyche, to say nothing of putting a bigger dent in our wallets.

Clearly, we’re moving past the “this isn’t amusing” stage, to “yikes, this could be a really big deal.” The $3.53 average price we’re now paying, according to AAA, is already 75 cents more than a year ago. And according to the Gallup poll, the average we’re expecting to pay at some point this year is $4.36 a gallon, a 57 percent increase from a year ago.

Gas prices may fall!!! Oil prices fell below $100barrl yesterday but stocks are falling like crazy with the quake news!!! Maybe this will drop gas prices back to normal!

Commodities also took a hit, with oil and metals prices falling. Oil prices fell below $100 a barrel, while gold fell near $1,400 an ounce.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Gas prices may fall!!! Oil prices fell below $100barrl yesterday but stocks are falling like crazy with the quake news!!! Maybe this will drop gas prices back to normal!
    Nope...just a dimes worth of brief relief.
    Won't fix the 2 big causes
    *Speculating
    *The majority of our oil/refinery infrastructure is geared towards imported oil from shoreline ports.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Nope...just a dimes worth of brief relief.
    Won't fix the 2 big causes
    *Speculating
    *The majority of our oil/refinery infrastructure is geared towards imported oil from shoreline ports.
    According to early talks the market is going to dive like crazy..oil will drop so we can only hope gas prices drop and keep dropping.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Everyone should give this a read. The most telling part are the graphs at the end that show US production UP and demand DOWN... and yet prices keep rising

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=3396041
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

I just read where soon, the stock market is going to collapse or suddenly drop by 40%. Anyone that doesn't see this coming is either not wanting to see it or they simply don't believe it will happen. Presumably within the next 1 to 2 years. The government has completely pulled the blinds over peoples eyes and are manipulating figures and the stock market. Uncle Ben can't keep printing money to cover things up anymore.

Last I've seen prices have leveled off a little but I'm curious as to what they will do today considering this is the next business day after the quake.

Well first state to hit $4/gallon again has happened!! Something needs to be done ASAP!!

HONOLULU - Americans are feeling the pain at the pump. In Hawaii, the sting just got a little worse.

The state reached the dubious milestone Monday of being the first in recent years where the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline has reached $4, according to AAA's Daily Fuel Report.

The Aloha State's average of $4 per gallon is the highest in the nation, beating California's average of $3.96. Alaska has the third highest average price at $3.90.

"Of course I'm not happy about it at all, but no one is," said Irma Lai, who was filling up her small SUV at a Big Island gas station that was charging $4.22 a gallon. "What the hell can I do? I have to drive. I can't walk everywhere. I use a cane."

Lai isn't the only one upset, and some are beginning to worry that consumers' increased spending on gasoline won't leave enough for other spending to fuel the nation's economic recovery.

"$4 is definitely a psychological mark," said Marie Montgomery, spokeswoman for the Automobile Club of Southern California, which covers Hawaii.

She said many stations have avoided changing their price signs, hanging onto the 3s as long as possible.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...html?tag=stack

So what's wrong with this picture?

Light Sweet Crude Oil
    MAY-2011 99.34

New York Harbor RBOB (Blendstock) Gasoline
    MAY-2011 2.83

Prices are going down on Wall St., but still rising at the pumps. GOUGEAMATIC.

I'm telling ya, this is the tipping point that is going to bring the whole house of cards known as Wall St down.

Well this is a start but no where near how far it needs to come down..the national average needs to be below $2/gallon to allow the economy to rebound.

Oil prices fell more than $3 per barrel, or about 3%, on Tuesday as investors saw their high expectations overshadowed by the impact of the Japanese crisis on the global economy.

U.S. crude for April delivery slid $3.15 to $98.04 a barrel in electronic trading. The contract was down as much as $4.48 before rebounding.
    With the halt in oil's recent rise, the motorist group AAA reported on Tuesday that gas prices declined, snapping a 20-day streak of increases.

AAA said the U.S. average price for gas is $3.556, down 0.2 cent from Monday. The highest average prices are found in Hawaii, at $4.016 a gallon, with the lowest in Wyoming, at $3.277.
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/15/mark...dex.htm?iid=EL

Gas prices have jumped nearly 7 cents a gallon over the past two weeks, reaching a level more than 75 cents higher than they were a year ago, according to a survey published Sunday.

The average price for a gallon of self-serve regular is $3.57, the Lundberg Survey found. That's 6.65 cents higher than the price the same survey found two weeks earlier.

The latest spike suggests that the dramatic price increases are slowing down, said publisher Trilby Lundberg. Between February 18 and March 4, the survey had found an increase of about 33 cents. That hike corresponded to an increase in crude oil prices amid unrest in more than a dozen countries in the Middle East and north Africa, six of which are OPEC members, Lundberg said.

The new jump in prices at the pump comes despite a drop in crude oil prices over the past two weeks. Lundberg described that as "follow-through" from the previous spike in oil prices.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/20/gas...ex.html?hpt=T2

The end is near. Stock up on Ammo, Firearms, MRE's, food items of all sorts and get ready to watch the rioting begin right here in the good old U.S.A.