Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices at it again..

Gas Prices at it again..

Well here we go, $3/gallon by Xmas and nothing is being done to prevent it when we all know fuel prices are what drive business to expand and hire when they don't have to fork over these expensive amounts for it. Normally you see a drop during the winter months in regular gasoline to only slide back up a little in the summer. A back and forth motion that doesn't really change all that much. Now we didn't see it drop at all so far this winter and no dropping in the summer. The blame is on Crude prices but wtf?!?? Everytime I research it they say we have a major stock pile and so does OPEC.

I truly feel if they want to fix the economy then something needs to be done about energy prices.

Barring a steep drop in crude prices, U.S. motorists can expect to see gas prices exceeding $3 per gallon, if they are not seeing such prices already, according to a new survey of filling stations.

The latest Lundberg Survey of cities in the continental United States was conducted Friday. It showed the national average price for a gallon of self-serve unleaded gasoline at $2.91, an increase of 3.9 cents from the last survey two weeks earlier, survey publisher Trilby Lundberg said.

"It is once again crude oil at work," Lundberg said. A resurgence in crude prices resulted in the price per barrel increasing nearly $8 per barrel. At $89 per barrel, crude is at a 25-month high.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/12/05...ex.html?hpt=T2

You're right. They're starting to put a pinch on the Easto family. We're currently paying $3.19 and it doesn't look like the price is going down either.

Dude.

$3.40 here average.

Bitch elsewhere

It's funny what people will believe. We've been over this a million damn times and each time big oil gives it's reasoning...ya'll believe it as the truth. If gas was at $.89 a gallon, they'd jack up the price to $1.09...and then $1.18. Nobody would question it. But you can be sure...they would raise prices just in time for the Holidays. They always have. We hear all the same lame excuses...cost of refining, cost of delivery, hurricanes, etc. NONE of that matters. What matters is the futures contracts that are bidded on up at Wall Street. These guys falsely create "demand" where it doesn't exist. Ever hear of the Enron loophole? Google it. Bottom line is this...the legal term is speculation. The crooks up on Wall Street "speculate" on futures contracts thus driving the price in any direction they want. Teh data that is used as a basis for their "speculation" comes from FANTASYLAND.

You can rest assured...if you have money to spend, you WILL spend some of it on oil/gas.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    It's funny what people will believe. We've been over this a million damn times and each time big oil gives it's reasoning...ya'll believe it as the truth. If gas was at $.89 a gallon, they'd jack up the price to $1.09...and then $1.18. Nobody would question it. But you can be sure...they would raise prices just in time for the Holidays. They always have. We hear all the same lame excuses...cost of refining, cost of delivery, hurricanes, etc. NONE of that matters. What matters is the futures contracts that are bidded on up at Wall Street. These guys falsely create "demand" where it doesn't exist. Ever hear of the Enron loophole? Google it. Bottom line is this...the legal term is speculation. The crooks up on Wall Street "speculate" on futures contracts thus driving the price in any direction they want. Teh data that is used as a basis for their "speculation" comes from FANTASYLAND.

You can rest assured...if you have money to spend, you WILL spend some of it on oil/gas.
    I've been telling people that also and it seems to fall on deaf ears. There is no other reason outside of speculation and greed.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

AAA says gas prices are at a two-year high here in Virginia.

The state-wide average right now is $2.88 a gallon. That's up more than 30 cents from this time last year, when the price was at $2.54 a gallon.

AAA says never before have motorists paid $3.00 a gallon at Christmas-time, but that price could be right around the corner.
    That was from a local news station... finally they are talking about it but should have been even over $2/gallon..is way too high!

Gasoline prices have hit a two-year high.

AAA reports the average national price of gas rose last week to $2.98 a gallon, 9 cents higher than a month ago and 39 cents more than a year ago.
    a TWO YEAR HIGH!!?!? This is from a link that says ways to help you save but the bottom line here is that if we want the economy to repair itself we must get fuel prices down to reasonable levels which would put it some where between $1 to $1.50/gallon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...oArea;morenews

U.S. gas prices increased over a two-week period, but on average stayed below the $3-a-gallon mark.

The latest Lundberg Survey of cities in the continental United States, conducted Friday, showed the national average price for a gallon of self-serve unleaded gasoline at $2.99, an increase of 7.6 cents from the last survey two weeks earlier, survey publisher Trilby Lundberg said.

What had been a steady rise in oil prices retracted slightly, making prices higher, but not as high as they could have been, Lundberg said.

Compared with a year ago, drivers are paying quite a premium at the pump, she said. A year ago, a gallon of gas costed 39 cents less than it does today.

"That's certainly a pinch to consumers," Lundberg said.

Crude oil prices will continue to be the biggest indicator of gas prices because other factors that affect price, such as supply, have been non-factors. There is no shortage of supply of gas in the United States.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/12/19....html?hpt=Sbin

Better than in Iran, their gas price jumped up 60% overngiht.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Better than in Iran, their gas price jumped up 60% overngiht.
    lol what was it before? 5cents/liter?

About 40ish cents, now up to 70 cents.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/23/news...dex.htm?hpt=C1

Amazing.. the prices are well over $2/gallon for the longest time, way higher than they should be but it takes it to get near or hit $3/gallon before the news jumps all over it. This should be the #1 topic when your talking about economic recovery!! People are already cutting back that I know on xmas gifts cause of the higher prices so that should say something.

Gas prices crossed the milestone $3 mark Thursday for the first time since Oct. 17, 2008, as the national average compiled by motorist group AAA reached $3.013 a gallon.

Prices have risen more than 4% from $2.872 a month ago and are nearly 16% higher than the $2.585 average a year ago, according to the AAA figures.
    The cost of gasoline has been climbing steadily since bottoming out at $1.616 in December 2008. However, the average price is down $1.101 -- or 26.7% -- from the record high of $4.114 reported on July 17, 2008.

"On a national average, we've never had Christmas Day with gasoline at three dollars or higher," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst with Oil Price Information Service, an energy trade publication based in Wall, N.J.

Uninsured for your health
    This is California! we will always lead the nation in gas prices...when you complain about gas at 3 dollars a gallon, I say I've been paying that for the last few years! you complained about gas prices at 4 dollars a gallon...well, gas prices hit 4 dollars a gallon way before it did for most other areas! The other day, I was in a pinch and paid 3.25 a gallon, when I got home I saw prices at 3.10 a gallon
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    This is California! we will always lead the nation in gas prices...when you complain about gas at 3 dollars a gallon, I say I've been paying that for the last few years! you complained about gas prices at 4 dollars a gallon...well, gas prices hit 4 dollars a gallon way before it did for most other areas! The other day, I was in a pinch and paid 3.25 a gallon, when I got home I saw prices at 3.10 a gallon
    I don't speak for really one location, I'm just posting what the "National Average" is.... so while you may pay the most and I certainly feel for you, I would imagin that the price is based on your area's inflation or economic amounts... for example around here the average salary for a married couple may be 50k where in cali it might be 80k.. ya get the idea.

Well here we go!!!

The former president of Shell Oil, John Hofmeister, says Americans could be paying $5 for a gallon of gasoline by 2012.
    "I'm predicting actually the worst outcome over the next two years which takes us to 2012 with higher gasoline prices," he said.
    Gasoline prices have been steadily rising. Last week, gas prices crossed the $3 mark for the first time since October 2008. According to AAA figures, prices are up 4% from a month ago and 16% from the $2.585 average a year ago.

A study from the Oil Price Information Service estimates drivers will spend $305 on gasoline in December. According to the study, fuel prices are up 13.6% from last December and 76% higher from December 2008.

Gas prices eased off last week's gains but still remained around the $90-a-barrel mark, settling at $91-a-barrel. Prices were down 51 cents from Thursday's close after China unexpectedly raised interest rates over the holiday weekend for the second time in two months.

Oil prices settled above $90 a barrel for the first time since October of 2008.
    http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/27/mark...dex.htm?hpt=T2

I heard on the radio this morning that $5.00 a gallon will be just around the corner. starting after Jan 1st.
    USAF RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Far-N-Wide View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that $5.00 a gallon will be just around the corner. starting after Jan 1st.
    You can bet if it climbs over 3.50/gallon we will go back into the recession if not worse than before!! There is no way businesses that depend on getting around can afford this type of increase over 2/gallon let alone over 3. Better be prepared for the auto makers to start asking for more bailout money again.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Gas always goes up in the winter.....nothing new. I depend on it for business travel, I stuff my Jeeps tank usually at least twice per week.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Gas always goes up in the winter.....nothing new. I depend on it for business travel, I stuff my Jeeps tank usually at least twice per week.
    It's never been this high during the winter/holiday.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Gas will probably keep going up until it’s no longer competitive. Soon as it cost just as much to drive as it does fly most places, it’ll probably freeze for quite a while.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................