Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for software

Or just retire the system. Not worth the $$$ when newer technology is readily available and is more than likely cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    If you had leaky/bulging caps back in 2010 then I would suspect this is your issue and will only be worse now....you should replace the MB.
    They still look the same, hd seems to be worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Or just retire the system. Not worth the $$$ when newer technology is readily available and is more than likely cheaper.
    I'm considering it. The PC itself is now 10 years old. Was going to keep it around to throw linux on it.

Did you ever test another hard drive to see if things improved? Even though it's 'passing' tests doesn't mean that it's not the problem. But I'm still sticking with the bad caps being a major part of what's causing your issues. How much are you wanting/willing to spend to fix the issue? Want to build or purchase a new(ish) system?

If money is tight and you don't want to get something completely new, I've got an old S754/Sempron 3100 MB/CPU combo I will give to you for the cost of shipping ~$20. It will work with your ram if it's at least PC2700 DDR. If it is indeed your HD then this will not fix your problems and you're right back to square one.

Did you ever test another hard drive to see if things improved? Even though it's 'passing' tests doesn't mean that it's not the problem. But I'm still sticking with the bad caps being a major part of what's causing your issues. How much are you wanting/willing to spend to fix the issue? Want to build or purchase a new(ish) system?

If money is tight and you don't want to get something completely new, I've got an old S754/Sempron 3100 MB/CPU combo I will give to you for the cost of shipping ~$20. It will work with your ram if it's at least PC2700 DDR. If it is indeed your HD then this will not fix your problems and you're right back to square one.
    MHDD is a great HDD testing tool that bypasses everything and talks straight to the HDD, usually if i get any 500+ms on nay drive I replace it. Check it out

I may have, I really don't remember. This isn't my main PC anymore. I was just going to use it to play around with linux.....Thing is....do I really want to play around with linux after an 8 hour day or on Saturday or Sunday.....I think not anymore......*shurg.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    MHDD is a great HDD testing tool that bypasses everything and talks straight to the HDD, usually if i get any 500+ms on nay drive I replace it. Check it out

I'll check that out.

Hello dear i just want to say you that you just install the Avast software to your computer and make protect to your computer from all the dangerous viruses and all other temporary data and this si not a heavy capacity software but you can easily install and operate the computer with this software...
    Last edited by Paul11; 07-12-14 at 03:30 AM.