Thread: Documentary on N Korea

Documentary on N Korea

And I thought Miggs was brainwashed.
    Which he is, but anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6E3cShcVU

What a backwards place. A lot on the news about them but a show like this gives you a better idea of what's going on there.

Almost an hour but worth watching IMO...
    Interesting, relevant, and exactly what you don't see on the news.

Millions spent on empty show cities, displays, museums... while the population starves....and an entire nation spoon-fed for 55 years.

Talk about dreary. You have to wonder how many people call BS in their mind. The desolation is creepy and the brain washing like no other place on earth.
    "American Soldiers pulled the legs off babies with chains" You feed this kind of stuff to people for 50 years and of course it fuels hatred.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Talk about dreary. You have to wonder how many people call BS in their mind. The desolation is creepy and the brain washing like no other place on earth.
    "American Soldiers pulled the legs off babies with chains" You feed this kind of stuff to people for 50 years and of course it fuels hatred.
    Makes me wonder how much money North Korea puts into filtering the internet.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Makes me wonder how much money North Korea puts into filtering the internet.
    Thatís IF theyíre allowed to have the World Wide Web.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

You have to think that people have access to the internet even if it's through a phone. The problem is what do you do with the info you read? You speak out, you die. The worship of their former leader is creepy and as far as I can tell they see him as a deity.

Maybe they want us to tear up their country so they can start over with our money? On the other hand why don't their Chinese buddies take care of them?

Do you think that if they open their borders to let people leave at fee will there would be a mass exodus?
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I'm thinking China took most anything North Korea had back in the 50s and 60s. resources, wealth to will to prosper... And they left chuckle heads in charge. It's basicly a DMZ for China from anyone wanting to attack them.
    USAF RETIRED

I would kind of doubt the populace has internet. They don't even seem have access to very many books.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

You have to think that people have access to the internet even if it's through a phone. The problem is what do you do with the info you read? You speak out, you die. The worship of their former leader is creepy and as far as I can tell they see him as a deity.

Maybe they want us to tear up their country so they can start over with our money? On the other hand why don't their Chinese buddies take care of them?

Do you think that if they open their borders to let people leave at fee will there would be a mass exodus?

"Do you think that if they open their borders to let people leave at fee will there would be a mass exodus?"

If they are jobless and starving then would they have much of a choice but to leave? Opening the borders would only be a start, the people would need aid.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

WOW that is sad that people could allow themselves to be controlled like that. You break the spirit of a populace for long enough and I guess this is what happens. Good to know that we live in a country where something like this could never happen.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    WOW that is sad that people could allow themselves to be controlled like that. You break the spirit of a populace for long enough and I guess this is what happens. Good to know that we live in a country where something like this could never happen.
    "WOW that is sad that people could allow themselves to be controlled like that."

I have to wonder how much famine and fear factor into it, and of course the prison like isolation. Although, keep in mind, we only see the side they want us to see, there could be a rebellious spirit among the people that we are not seeing.

--

I would think the problem exist primary in the military; instead of being protectors of the people, one would have to assume they are suppressors of the people. But where does the dictator get loyal enough people for the higher offices of the military (you know, the ones that know what is really going on) after treating the populace like that? Why no attempts at a coup d'etat? (at least none that we have heard of) The military officers in charge must be extremely indoctrinated, power-hungry, greedy, or a combination of the three.

It's hard to say what really goes on in there on such limited information.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-26-10 at 05:59 PM.

EVERY aspect of N Korea is in shambles. There is no freedom, privacy, rights, etc... They are starving and there is no economy. Pure fear keeps them inline.
    They probably want the USA to wipe out the leaders and military. That means we could go into debt even more rebuilding their country. Just like the old USSR and East Germany they have no clue what do do with or how to deal with freedom of sorts.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Bush 43 is right. Kim Jung Il is a nasty, nasty man.

Thanks for the vid, good watch! insane stuff going on I had no idea

EVERY aspect of N Korea is in shambles. There is no freedom, privacy, rights, etc... They are starving and there is no economy. Pure fear keeps them inline.
    They probably want the USA to wipe out the leaders and military. That means we could go into debt even more rebuilding their country. Just like the old USSR and East Germany they have no clue what do do with or how to deal with freedom of sorts.

"They probably want the USA to wipe out the leaders and military. "

They have been fed so much anti-American propaganda for so long, they might not like us very much. Besides an invading American force, after all that stuff they been told about the Americans, might not go over to well with the people.

Also, it is believed that North Korea has nukes, if they are provoked they could nuke South Korea. Perhaps we should stick to diplomatic avenues on this one.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 12-03-10 at 02:20 AM.

But since North Korea does not have any oil, I doubt our government is really interested in "liberating" it.