Thread: The TSA screening nexus: object, and you're a "domestic extremist"

Certified SG Addict

Post The TSA screening nexus: object, and you're a "domestic extremist"

Questioning the state: the inherent risk.

Following the publication of my article titled “Gate Rape of America,” I was contacted by a source within the DHS who is troubled by the terminology and content of an internal memo reportedly issued yesterday at the hand of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Indeed, both the terminology and content contained in the document are troubling. The dissemination of the document itself is restricted by virtue of its classification, which prohibits any manner of public release. While the document cannot be posted or published, the more salient points are revealed here.

The memo, which actually takes the form of an administrative directive, appears to be the product of undated but recent high level meetings between Napolitano, John Pistole, head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA),and one or more of Obama’s national security advisors. This document officially addresses those who are opposed to, or engaged in the disruption of the implementation of the enhanced airport screening procedures as “domestic extremists.”

The introductory paragraph of the multi-page document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President.In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.

The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.
    Rest here: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286

TSA = Tough **** America
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

what I found more disturbing about this whole TSA screening thing is it came first on the nightly news when I feel the North Korea subject should have.

As for myself, I believe they are going a bit too far with inspections..instead they need to interview people and watch for expressions etc rather than physical contact to find something. Just glad I don't have to fly anywhere any time soon.

Blog Entries
    I had the family along on a trip to Birmingham AL. The gate security was indeed ridiculously invasion, in particular my children.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I had the family along on a trip to Birmingham AL. The gate security was indeed ridiculously invasion, in particular my children.
    Yep... cause children are the ones you have to worry about!! They are very stealthy and sneaky with those fake play doh cans and tickle me elmo dolls!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Yep... cause children are the ones you have to worry about!! They are very stealthy and sneaky with those fake play doh cans and tickle me elmo dolls!!
    My 4 year old is shaped vaguely like a blond mopped top toner cartridge. Just poor luck I suppose.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche