Thread: Where to watch movies online?

Question Where to watch movies online?

My wife and I are wondering if there is anything out there (worth the bother) to watch movies online? This all started when we wanted to rent the movie "The Lion King" for our 4,3,&1 year olds to watch. We couldn't find it at the local blockbuster or redbox so we checked netflix (which we have a subscription to) but unfortunately, everything came up dry.

So, I have looked online and found some things like iReel, and ClickPotato but the reviews have stopped me from going any further. I don't know if the reviews are just rants or if they are legit. It looks pretty bad for ClickPotato though...

So, does anyone have a good "online movie rental" source? I am not looking for warez or pirated stuff. I am looking for a legit site/source that is either free or reasonable on the rentals.

Thanks in advance,

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

Netflix is gonna be the best option. Never tried iReel, have heard good and bad about it.

Yeah netflix... the only bad thing is they don't offer more movies for streaming which is kinda lame. You can find the new Underworld for example for streaming but not the older ones so it makes no sense to me. However as of Aug 1st they were offering alot more just hope the trend continues.

Hulu

Netflix is good but they don't seem to update the inventory with "good" movies that much.

Hulu is great for tv shows also but once again the shortcoming is the movies on Hulu are limited.

We are really looking for something kinda like going to a video store with a large selection, even if it is a pay per rental. We just don't want to spend for a "maintenance" or monthly contract fee when we don't use it...

It just takes a lot of time away to run to the rental store and see IF they have a movie and then to get the kids back home and watch it before we have lost an hour or more just trying to find the movie...

-lance

Folding for the future

Amazon has video rental downloads. From 1.99 to 3.99. And they have 823 movies in the family/kids section. There are probably cheaper options.

How about iTunes? Their selection is pretty good. Maybe even look into getting an AppleTV box for the TV.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Amazon has video rental downloads. From 1.99 to 3.99. And they have 823 movies in the family/kids section. There are probably cheaper options.

I just came across that a little while ago... Thanks!

I also found a site called veoh (www.veoh.com) where I found some good stuff too... (it seems to be free from what I have seen so far) I did a search on this and it appears to be trustworthy as well. So, I am going to chalk this up as a success...

-lance

Folding for the future

Us3n3t FTW...I kid, I kid

The Amazon option looks pretty good to me.

Not sure about www. veoh.com since the Veoh player has to be installed....hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    Us3n3t FTW...I kid, I kid