Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 162

Thread: The mosque in NYC

  1. #61
    resident Humboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    27,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Typical liberal response, you're starting to sound like yardofstuff, everyones a troll if you don't agree with them.
    No, one's a troll when 100% of one's posts are to stir up fights or egg on ones already under way.

    Looks at JC. He posts a lot of FoxNews propaganda, like you, but he also takes part in regular discussions about his RC hobby and his son's new truck, and food and beer he likes, etc...Despite his assy posts he also makes a lot of good ones and contributes to the discussions.

    Your posts are constantly very pointed, very thematic, very negative, and IMO very ignorant of the world around you.

  2. #62
    TypicalWhitePerson JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Single Wide
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    No, one's a troll when 100% of one's posts are to stir up fights or egg on ones already under way.

    Looks at JC. He posts a lot of FoxNews propaganda, like you, but he also takes part in regular discussions about his RC hobby and his son's new truck, and food and beer he likes, etc...Despite his assy posts he also makes a lot of good ones and contributes to the discussions.

    Your posts are constantly very pointed, very thematic, very negative, and IMO very ignorant of the world around you.
    You forgot about the Dogs!!! The posts about the Dogs.
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

    MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

  3. #63
    resident Humboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    27,831
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    You forgot about the Dogs!!! The posts about the Dogs.
    That too

  4. #64
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    He's the very definition of a troll dude.
    Me?
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  5. #65
    resident Humboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    27,831
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Me?
    No.

    Roody's quoting Jawz, who's referring to Miggs.

  6. #66
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Me?
    I was talking about Miggs. The guy is a troll.

  7. #67
    SG MVP Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SG Tavern
    Posts
    18,878


    Fixed

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    This ad will be showing up on NYC buses soon.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/nyregion/12mta.html

  9. #69
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,992
    ^ Is that what the building is going to look like?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    ^ Is that what the building is going to look like?
    minus the moon and star of course.


  11. #71
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    ^ Is that what the building is going to look like?
    I haven't seen any official renders of what the building will look like officially, but I somehow doubt that it will look like what's in that ad with the moon/stars.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I haven't seen any official renders of what it's supposed to look like, but I somehow doubt that it will look like what's in that ad.
    The picture that I posted is an artist rendering of the exterior concept that shows up in many articles that I have read. I am sure the final rendering will be made public sooner or later.

    An example from the NY Daily News...

    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ves_ahead.html

  13. #73
    Just got this in an email. All of a sudden NOW they think about something like this. It was never thought about before.


  14. #74
    Senior Member tao_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    7,250
    I would rather see NYC build a memorial/garden-ish area where people from all faiths could go and remember the people that lost their lives on 9/11. I dont say this because I hold any ill-will against people of the Muslim faith because Christians have not been the poster children for tolerance either but because if you want people to be more trustful of one another and to come together as Americans then I think you should make it a place for everyone regardless of religon or ethnic background. Then again its just my 2 cents.

    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    I would rather see NYC build a memorial/garden-ish area where people from all faiths could go and remember the people that lost their lives on 9/11. I dont say this because I hold any ill-will against people of the Muslim faith because Christians have not been the poster children for tolerance either but because if you want people to be more trustful of one another and to come together as Americans then I think you should make it a place for everyone regardless of religon or ethnic background. Then again its just my 2 cents.

  16. #76
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    I would rather see NYC build a memorial/garden-ish area where people from all faiths could go and remember the people that lost their lives on 9/11. I dont say this because I hold any ill-will against people of the Muslim faith because Christians have not been the poster children for tolerance either but because if you want people to be more trustful of one another and to come together as Americans then I think you should make it a place for everyone regardless of religon or ethnic background. Then again its just my 2 cents.
    Great idea tao.

  17. #77
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I really don't care what bad crap you say to me or about me because I feel sorry for folks like yourself who have strayed from GOP principles. I pity you because I know that it's not entirely your fault. People don't have time to research stuff when they have full time jobs, etc. Life takes up alot of time. Couple that with radical factions within the GOP and the mass media twisting and spinning every story...it's no wonder we've lost our way.

    Our GOP ship needs to be brought back on course and we can't do that with our current ballast. Sooner rather than later, we have to start throwing people overboard. Unless you take a long hard look at your core beliefs, you may find yourself in the water looking up at the ship. We can't keep trying to calibrate our moral compasses on ignorance.


    By and by, great statement.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  18. #78
    A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    4,435
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I can post my entire resume as to what I've done for 21+ years in service to our country, specifically, it's defense.

    I would like to see that.
    _______________________________________________
    Vendor neutral certified in IT Project Management, IT Security, Cisco Networking, Cisco Security, Wide Area Networks, IPv6, IT Hardware, Unix, Linux, and Windows server administration

  19. #79
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    I would like to see that.
    I believe it starts off as a paper boy for at least 2 years, then he moves on to selling IceCream for 1 year. Then he bumps up to goat herder which he did for 5 years as a defense against wild grass growth throughout the country!

  20. #80
    Regular Member Miggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    138
    Miggs approves this message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I Hope He Fails

Similar Threads

  1. Saw my first purse snatching here in NYC...
    By chimdogger in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-07, 12:18 AM
  2. please help me, CAble RR, NYC, 6400/500
    By legi0ns in forum Broadband Tweaks Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-07, 12:35 AM
  3. making money in NYC...
    By mountainman in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-07, 02:33 PM
  4. Photo's From My NYC / OCC Trip
    By Illini25 in forum Digital Media and Photography
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-07, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •