Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The mosque in NYC

The mosque in NYC

What does everyone think about the mosque that will be built a couple blocks from the site of the World Trade Centers.

*Discuss*
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Its fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Its fine with me.
    Really, why?
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

i'm torn, on one hand i am all for religious freedom and their right to build it and all, on the other hand, i don't understand why they have to build it there and dedicate it on the 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Really, why?
    Why should I not be fine with it? Its not like an Al Qaeda headquarters or something.

How do you feel when churches are built near you?

Why should I not be fine with it? Its not like an Al Qaeda headquarters or something.

How do you feel when churches are built near you?
    Fair enough.

Have you ever been in the south? Churches aren't built anymore....there's no more room LOL.
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

It's a slap in the face to the familys of the victims of 911 and all Americans.
    I can still remember when they crashed the planes into the towers, America wanted blood back then but today some of us seem to have forgotten and tend to look the other way, not me.
    I Hope He Fails

It's a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    It's a slap in the face.
    How so?

How so?
    Just because you have the right to do something does not mean that it is right. Would it be against the law to build a Japanese Museum near Pearl Harbor? No, would it be right? HELL NO. This is a disgrace and insult to those whom died on 9/11, their family, the citizens of NY and the rest the country. To make matters worse, the Imam that's heading the project is a scumbag that believes that the US should adopt Shariah law, says that the US was an accessory to 9/11 a week after the attack and he has pretty questionable connections overseas. They wanted to name the mosque the Cordoba House for crying out loud which is a symbol of their Spanish conquest.

It also doesn't help that NYC has a spineless, worthless dirtbag thief of a Mayor that thinks this is all hunky dory. This issue isn't going away and I'd almost bet that this mosque doesn't get built.

Even a friggin Brit knows we're becoming soft.

[ link ]
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    It's a slap in the face.
    I agree.. many other places to put it, it doesn't need to be anywhere in a 10block radius of ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    It's a slap in the face to the familys of the victims of 911 and all Americans.
    I can still remember when they crashed the planes into the towers, America wanted blood back then but today some of us seem to have forgotten and tend to look the other way, not me.
    Many Americans are Muslims...just as many Americans are Christians. So when you say ALL Americans...I can say that's a bold faced lie...and say it very easily and with 100% confidence in my facts.

Have you even researched WHY they want the mosque there?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    Just because you have the right to do something does not mean that it is right. Would it be against the law to build a Japanese Museum near Pearl Harbor? No, would it be right? HELL NO. This is a disgrace and insult to those whom died on 9/11, their family, the citizens of NY and the rest the country. To make matters worse, the Imam that's heading the project is a scumbag that believes that the US should adopt Shariah law, says that the US was an accessory to 9/11 a week after the attack and he has pretty questionable connections overseas. They wanted to name the mosque the Cordoba House for crying out loud which is a symbol of their Spanish conquest.

It also doesn't help that NYC has a spineless, worthless dirtbag thief of a Mayor that thinks this is all hunky dory. This issue isn't going away and I'd almost bet that this mosque doesn't get built.

Even a friggin Brit knows we're becoming soft.

[ link ]

So in the name of the Constitution, we're going to go against it's principles and say that religious freedom doesn't really exist in America?

The biggest win for the terrorists is for you to DENY this mosque. All they have to do is point back to it's denial and say..."see, America isn't really that free...in fact, they are very oppressive...just like us!"

It's funny, they don't even have to bomb us anymore in order for us to trash our own principles rooted in the Constitution.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    They can build it wherever they want as far as Iím concerned, except on 9.11 grounds. Dedicating it on 9.11 is what I find insulating.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    Just because you have the right to do something does not mean that it is right. Would it be against the law to build a Japanese Museum near Pearl Harbor? No, would it be right? HELL NO.
    The problem with that is your putting the blame of 9-11 on all Muslims.
    Last edited by YARDofSTUF; 08-10-10 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    So in the name of the Constitution, we're going to go against it's principles and say that religious freedom doesn't really exist in America?

The biggest win for the terrorists is for you to DENY this mosque. All they have to do is point back to it's denial and say..."see, America isn't really that free...in fact, they are very oppressive...just like us!"

It's funny, they don't even have to bomb us anymore in order for us to trash our own principles rooted in the Constitution.
    Agreed.

Certified SG Addict
    While there is no Constitutional prohibition against this, and I fully support one's right to express their religious beliefs as long as they keep it within the law, I absolutely believe these people are indeed purposely being *******s, despite their protestations of wanting to foster multicultural understanding.

This is a "damned-if-you..." situation.

If the mosque/"cultural center" is built, we've allowed for "Islamification" to take deeper root in its westward expansion. But if any person or organization involved with terrorism is definitively proven to be involved with the funding or construction after the fact, what will we do? Bulldoze it? Refuse to let it be built and you're a bigot; once it's built and we find out the bankroll came from Hamas or somesuch, and now it's a flashpoint.

Freedom of religion is one thing, but this is a purposeful finger in both New York City's and America's eye. It's another instance of scared white people capitulating to brown people in the hopes that if they voice their support loudly enough, the terrorists won't want to kill them. Lulz.

NYC needs to ball up and either put the kibosh on this or let it proceed and shut up.

I hear ya Burke. I agree this is likely a thing a group are doing to stir up trouble although I can't prove that, but it's hard to imagine how it couldn't be.

On September 11th at 2 p.m., there will be a rally on Park Place between Church and West Broadway.

I'm going...

It is being organized by the SIOA - "Stop Islamification of America."
    Last edited by Debbie; 08-12-10 at 09:52 AM.