Thread: Who here has TimeWarner?

Who here has TimeWarner?

Just curious? Cause if your a sports can....you may lose all your ESPN channels come Sept2nd!!

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/...ff-espn/20674/

http://www.ihavechoices.com/

I have Time Warner. We lost HDnet a while ago under similar circumstances. Espn would obviously be a much bigger deal, and I think TW would see a mass exodus if they did drop them. I'd imagine they will come to some sort of agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by DV View Post
    I have Time Warner. We lost HDnet a while ago under similar circumstances. Espn would obviously be a much bigger deal, and I think TW would see a mass exodus if they did drop them. I'd imagine they will come to some sort of agreement.
    While I would think your right about a agreement its still very likely something will have to happen before a agreement is meet. I see them getting ESPN yanked from their programming for a good while by ESPN/ABC/Disney to show a push of force since they are also in some big spat with Dish N*twork.

Don't be surprised to see it dropped and just in time for CFB to start up!

wouldn't surprise me. TWC is the worst provider in the country.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Zing.

Well its a good thing when the cable channels fight to get the prices lower.

Someone will fold, one side always does. Especially when it's as big a provider as TWC and ESPN.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Doesn't look like anyone is folding anything anytime soon... black outs here you come right in time for football season!

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/busine...y-nears-climax

The fight between the Triangle's cable-TV provider and Walt Disney, the owner of ESPN, ABC 11 and other channels, is coming down to the wire.

Time Warner Cable and Disney officials have been in negotiations for months, but haven't agreed to terms of a new contract. If they don't reach a deal by Wednesday, the spat could lead to blackouts for millions of cable subscribers across the country -- just in time for football season and the new fall-TV lineup.

Don't these companies do anything but watch soaps? More drama than ..... Rotten way to do buisness.

I've got TWC. They have a monopoly set up around here. It'll come down to the wire, but an agreement will be reached, you can count on it.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I've got TWC. They have a monopoly set up around here. It'll come down to the wire, but an agreement will be reached, you can count on it.
    The problem with this thought is that agreement may come at a major price hike to your area. I'd like to see TWC just say no and stand their ground - set a example for others to follow cause Disney just wants way too much money for what its programming is worth...if it wasn't for ESPN they would lose so much in the way of operators.

Seems a deal of some sort has been reached http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...-n-y-post.html
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    Seems a deal of some sort has been reached http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...-n-y-post.html
    Maybe.. time will tell, I just wish Disney Co... would stop fighting all these companies..they are still in a major fight against Dish whom I have for my TV provider and it really ticks me off that they won't give Dish the rights to ESPNU in HD!! They yanked a few HD feeds from Disney E,W ESPN News, and ABC Family a few months ago from all the cost fighting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    The problem with this thought is that agreement may come at a major price hike to your area. I'd like to see TWC just say no and stand their ground - set a example for others to follow cause Disney just wants way too much money for what its programming is worth...if it wasn't for ESPN they would lose so much in the way of operators.
    Hey I fully agree. No bucking from me. They already charge way too much for service, but they have this area in a headlock.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Maybe.. time will tell, I just wish Disney Co... would stop fighting all these companies..they are still in a major fight against Dish whom I have for my TV provider and it really ticks me off that they won't give Dish the rights to ESPNU in HD!! They yanked a few HD feeds from Disney E,W ESPN News, and ABC Family a few months ago from all the cost fighting going on.
    Scope out who the characters are behind the scenes. Then, once you've done that, see what all and who all ties to what.

I had an awesome tech come out to my house about two months ago to fix my download speed issues. This guy rocked.