View Poll Results: Is Rush Limbaugh a racist?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Rush Limbaugh a racist?

I don't see this particular incident as being an example of Rush being racist, but after doing some research since this thread was created there is definitely a history of racism on his part.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0716-10.htm

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane...mbaugh-quotes/

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    I don't listen to Rush and have a job...+1 to JawZ!

So how do you know if he's a racist or not if you've never listened to him on a regular basis?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I listen to Rush while at work on my puter or during lunch in my vehicle.
    Wish he was on TV at night, imagine the audience ?
    Thank you Rush...............

then you're not really working...does your boss know you listen to Rush while at work?

I don't think he's racist, but he is an extreme moron. I do not like the guy.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I don't think he's racist, but he is an extreme moron. I do not like the guy.
    Unfortunately he's the public face of the Republican Party and that has to change. There isn't a single active person in that party right now who has more influence then Rush does. I pray to God that changes soon because it's awful watching him undermine them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Unfortunately he's the public face of the Republican Party and that has to change. There isn't a single active person in that party right now who has more influence then Rush does. I pray to God that changes soon because it's awful watching him undermine them.

Soooooooooooooooooo true. We have a critic as our top guy.

Wish he was on TV at night, imagine the audience ?
    Thank you Rush...............
    He actually was on TV a long time ago and it failed. When he's unable to cut you off and has to listen to your point and invites knowlegable adversaries to speak, a whole lot of what he says gets broken down and exposed for what it is... pointless, meaningless hot air that's spewed in order to incite his followers.

I can see if he sat in a racist church for 20 years that you might think otherwise.
    What the hell are you talking about? Is that some kind of reference to Obama?

In case you've missed my politics for the last nine years, I'm an independant. Green Party, if you want to know for certain. And quite frankly, I think Obama is way too underqualified for the position that he holds, and the only thing keeping him afloat is his charisma. That being said, I'm not some kind of right-wing nutjob either who refuses to see the facts about anyone, liberal, conservative, or independant!

In my opinion, based on what I've seen of Limbaugh, he is a racist. Much like a lot of people in his generation, it's not nessicarilly an actively hateful kind of racism, but it is still racism.

If you remember his comments about Donovan McNabb during Monday Night Football...he certainly doesnt do much to help the public opinion that he is racist.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    If you remember his comments about Donovan McNabb during Monday Night Football...he certainly doesnt do much to help the public opinion that he is racist.
    What he said about Donovan wasn't racist though, it was the truth. He got railed for saying what no other commentator would ever dare to say. I still think it's funny that he got fired for the very same reason he was hired, for the controversy that comes along with him. It's not like they added him to the broadcast team for his deep insight on Man to Man coverage.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    What he said about Donovan wasn't racist though, it was the truth. He got railed for saying what no other commentator would ever dare to say. I still think it's funny that he got fired for the very same reason he was hired, for the controversy that comes along with him. It's not like they added him to the broadcast team for his deep insight on Man to Man coverage.
    They knew what they were getting with Limbaugh but that is another discussion. If you dont want to cause a stir and be called a racist dont bring up someone's race.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Don't know if he's racist, who but his closest friends could say? I don't think there is any question, however, that he incites racism; covertly and overtly.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Quote Originally Posted by triniwasp View Post
    Don't know if he's racist, who but his closest friends could say? I don't think there is any question, however, that he incites racism; covertly and overtly.

considering one of his closest friends is Ken Hutcherson, who also married him and his wife....well we'll let the haters stammer along for excuses.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I don't see this particular incident as being an example of Rush being racist, but after doing some research since this thread was created there is definitely a history of racism on his part.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0716-10.htm

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane...mbaugh-quotes/
    as someone who listens from time to time to Rush while at work, with my managers full knowledge no less, 99% of what is in those links are snippets taken out of context of the overall show and conversation therein.
    It is highly hilarious to listen to his show, hearing the whole conversation, then see and hear the MSM, haters, et. al. cry scream and wail about what he may have said to offend their p.c. sensibilities. of course they never listened to the show and just parrot the snippets those with agendas take and use to paint him.

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    as someone who listens from time to time to Rush while at work, with my managers full knowledge no less,

So people who don't work watch The View while people who should be working listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post

So people who don't work watch The View while people who should be working listen to Rush Limbaugh.
    well that's you saying it, not me. of course i can listen to many radio stations music cds, books on cd, podcasts, ect. while at work.

but i will say, i certainly couldn't do what is needed on the job if i was watching a tv.

maybe a security guard could or someone in a position where their attention wasn't required to do their job.

who knows?.... oh, you do.

well that's you saying it, not me. of course i can listen to many radio stations music cds, books on cd, podcasts, ect. while at work.

but i will say, i certainly couldn't do what is needed on the job if i was watching a tv.

maybe a security guard could or someone in a position where their attention wasn't required to do their job.

who knows?.... oh, you do.

Oh...really?????

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    The majority of people watching that show are people who don't work.
    But of course...

as someone who listens from time to time to Rush while at work, with my managers full knowledge no less,

Oh the irony of it all!!!!!

Xpunge, it's called making a logical deduction based solely upon your own input.

I am saying that people who don't work watch The View while people who should be working listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Oh...really?????

But of course...

Oh the irony of it all!!!!!
    JC!=xpunge.

you're trying to hard.

quicker than a slow edit

JC!=xpunge.

you're trying to hard.

You might want to catch up on "The View" thread dude.

I am in no way saying that you two are the same. JC made a comment, and you made a comment. Simple stuff. No magic on my part.