Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED flashlights

Last edited by Dan; 09-07-12 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the info you guys posted. After reading this post i decided to upgrade my Maglites to LED lighting.

So i ordered 1 Watt LED Upgrade II & I.Q. Switch Combo - Mini Maglite

Also i ordered 1 Watt LED Upgrade Kit for my 4D Cell Maglite from Nite Ize, Inc.

---

While i was at it i ordered another light to keep in my bedroom, which i recieved today and am most impressed with it a "Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L with White LED Includes 2 CR123A Lithium Batteries and Holster (Black)
    http://www.streamlight.com/product/p...x?pid=202#tabs

To further indenture myself to my bank manager i bought a Viatek RE02G Renu-It Pro Series Gray Professional Grad Disposable Battery Regenerator/Used for AA, AAA, C, D and 9-Volt Batteries" to help defray cost on mostly regular batteries though this works on both.
    http://www.amazon.ca/Viatek-RE02G-Pr...=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

Awaiting delivery on the LED bulbs & charger then i will be totally up to date with the exception of finding in Canada a LED bulb for my Maglite Solitaire keychain light. I'm just guessing but i think i've had these Maglites for 20 years or more so the upgrades are well deserved. I live in the country so flashlights are essential due to power outages etc.

---

minir

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    Thanks for all the info you guys posted. After reading this post i decided to upgrade my Maglites to LED lighting.

Also i ordered 1 Watt LED Upgrade Kit for my 4D Cell Maglite from Nite Ize, Inc.

minir
    You'll be happy with the upgrades, I have both of those products and they work very well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    You'll be happy with the upgrades, I have both of those products and they work very well.

---

Thanks Humboldt

Good to know.

---

Larry

If those are the upgrade kits I'm thinking of then I agree with Humboldt. They do a very nice job especially for their price. The switch is nice too because pushing is much easier than twisting a small head, plus it makes it more one had friendly.
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

"On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *cho* View Post
    If those are the upgrade kits I'm thinking of then I agree with Humboldt. They do a very nice job especially for their price. The switch is nice too because pushing is much easier than twisting a small head, plus it makes it more one had friendly.
    ---

Morning *cho*

I'd been thinking of doing this for sometime but kept forgetting about it till this thread re-awakened me once again so i thought Do It Now. Hopefully it will work out well and i can forget about it for another 20 yrs.

Glad to hear others have been pleased with the outcome of their upgrades as it makes the expenditure easier to take.

Thanks *cho*

Larry

Blog Entries
    Received my switch and bulb for MiniMag11...bulb worked great, however i went back to the orginal switch as i have big hands and it was not comfortable using the button.

The bulb for my 4D Cell worked great

Overall a nice upgrade and a snap to install, if stuck YouTube is your friend.

---

minir

Received my switch and bulb for MiniMag11...bulb worked great, however i went back to the orginal switch as i have big hands and it was not comfortable using the button.

The bulb for my 4D Cell worked great

Overall a nice upgrade and a snap to install, if stuck YouTube is your friend.

---

minir
    If you get anything else in the future and have any problems I'd be glad to help. Can always call my NiteIze rep and ask him

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    If you get anything else in the future and have any problems I'd be glad to help. Can always call my NiteIze rep and ask him
    ---

Thanks for your kind offer Humboldt.

No problem i was originally looking to see if any unusual maneuvers needed to be done in the exchanges and visited YouTube, however it was very straight forward in actual useage.

Thanks

Larry

This looks neat... 700 Lumens but only for one day...
    http://sport.woot.com/offers/lifegea...men-flashlight
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Finding a flashlight that will be everything for everyone's needs is very difficult. I received Armytek Predator as a gift over a year ago, I liked it so much I bought another light from Armytek. I think it's a great tactical light, has a rugged matt body, comes with a lanyard, and it really illuminates well at good distances. I don't have much experience with all the different companies, but I like Armytek and can recommend this one.

The latest additions to my lights are a couple of pelican lights. Pelican 2010 Recoil LED Photoluminescent Flashlight

and the VB3

Just came back from the gunshow today with this little number...
    Im not if they are made localy or just assembled localy but the kit came with a charger, 2 18650 2600mAh batteries and the 3 setting unit for $100
    700 Lumens on high, lasts for about 2 hours. Didnt find out how long it lasts on medium and or low. This thing is like using an arc welder for a flash light lol
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge

nice !

I tell you what though, Ive been playing with it and when its on high for a few minutes its gets pretty hot.
    Click image to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid View Post
    I tell you what though, Ive been playing with it and when its on high for a few minutes its gets pretty hot.
    I have a co-worker who put a SureFire in his back pocket w/out realizing it was on.

According to him he still has a scar

Click image to enlarge

My flashlight Armytek Predator

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    My flashlight Armytek Predator

Coming to you from a dial up connection in western Russia (now known as Belarus).
    Curious why someone from there, is spamming a Canadian product?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!