Thread: James goes with????

James goes with????

Miami!!!!!
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

You see the Cleveland fans burning Lebron's Jersey? They should be ashamed of themselves. He gave them 7 years and always played his best and took LESS money to go to another team where he felt he had a better shot of winning. I can't knock him for that.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    You see the Cleveland fans burning Lebron's Jersey? They should be ashamed of themselves. He gave them 7 years and always played his best and took LESS money to go to another team where he felt he had a better shot of winning. I can't knock him for that.
    Nerves are raw and ESPN is exploiting it. The way James handled it was disrespectful. To go on national TV and tell everyone you are leaving was a slap in the face. The Cavs fans are going overboard, but LJ handled the situation like a little kid.

Agreed, I don't blame him for leaving, but going about it with a news conference, that was way overboard.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

The thing that's really sad, is this story will get more lamestream media coverage than King Shabazz of the black panthers.

(grammatical error copied)

I am so sick of hearing about Lebron that I really could scream. It's pathetic here. Almost a whole news hour and section of of the newspaper, is always dedicated to Lebron and what he's doing. If he farts, it's in the news. The guy is a great player, but that is all he is. Some hold him to be a God here and that's just not right.

To clarify, when I say "here" I mean Ohio.

The people of Cleveland take all of their sports seriously. What slays me is, every single one of these people would have done the same thing if it were them.
    Last edited by blebs; 07-12-10 at 09:54 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I am so sick of hearing about Lebron that I really could scream. It's pathetic here. Almost a whole news hour and section of of the newspaper, is always dedicated to Lebron and what he's doing. If he farts, it's in the news. The guy is a great player, but that is all he is. Some hold him to be a God here and that's just not right.

To clarify, when I say "here" I mean Ohio.

The people of Cleveland take all of their sports seriously. What slays me is, every single one of these people would have done the same thing if it were them.
    He has every right to leave Cleveland. That said he still stands as the only one who did a one hour special to tell everyone he was leaving. He stands alone on that one. No way would I pull a dick move like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    He has every right to leave Cleveland. That said he still stands as the only one who did a one hour special to tell everyone he was leaving. He stands alone on that one. No way would I pull a dick move like that.
    None of the All Time NBA greats would EVER pull such a move. Not only in the way that it was announced, but do you think that someone like Jordan would go play on a team, which would not be his, to play second fiddle to another All Star like Wade? Hell no. If this were Jordan, he would've chosen a team like the Bulls, that has a very good team, solid supporting cast and he'd be the Man on the team. LBJ's a chump and the excuse that he wanted to go play with his friends is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    None of the All Time NBA greats would EVER pull such a move. Not only in the way that it was announced, but do you think that someone like Jordan would go play on a team, which would not be his, to play second fiddle to another All Star like Wade? Hell no. If this were Jordan, he would've chosen a team like the Bulls, that has a very good team, solid supporting cast and he'd be the Man on the team. LBJ's a chump and the excuse that he wanted to go play with his friends is weak.
    Clearly he isn't on Jordan's level for the reasons you mentioned. For that matter he's no Bird or Magic either. Like you said no way would those guys play second fiddle to anyone.

None of you guys are mentioning the fact that he raised 2.5m for some charity with that " stunt" he did.

And if I were him I would have done the EXACT same thing. Play for a good team, with buddies, or play for a team that cant help you do a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutch View Post
    None of you guys are mentioning the fact that he raised 2.5m for some charity with that " stunt" he did.

And if I were him I would have done the EXACT same thing. Play for a good team, with buddies, or play for a team that cant help you do a damn thing.
    He's multi multi multi millionaire. He could've donated that money with the chump change he keeps in his socks without having to go through all of this unnecessary hoopla. I don't have a problem with him leaving, it's the way that he went about it that tarnishes his image.

Yea, he could have.. But then if you want to go with that approach how bout you make 100 threads for every other allstar that doesnt donate money lol.

Yea, he could have.. But then if you want to go with that approach how bout you make 100 threads for every other allstar that doesnt donate money lol.
    JBrazen hit the nail on the head and that approach works because no other player has done what LJ did. However, the first time someone other than LJ goes on network TV with a one hour special and pulls the same stunt I will chastise them also.

My personal opinion of him is, he's a dick. Pure, plain and simple. I do not like him. I don't care how well he played for the Cavs. He was snatched right out of high school, immediately made a millionaire and let all this glory crap go to his head.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

He's a superstar

He's a superstar
    You won't find any of us disagreeing with that. We just question his character.