Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No thread on the iPhone 4? Did anyone else Pre-Order?

No thread on the iPhone 4? Did anyone else Pre-Order?

It took me literally all day, but I finally managed to order my new iPhone 4. The bad news is I don't think it's coming on the 24th (the day they're supposed to arrive if you pre-ordered for delivery at home), because in my order status on ATT it says I ordered on the 16th. I'll probably get it a few days later. At least I was able to order though, lots of people weren't.

Did anyone else pre-order? If not, are you planning on getting the new iPhone on launch day, or later on?
    There is security in fearlessness.

AT&T really bombed that pre-order. Holy Cow what a mess from what I've been reading over on Howard Forums. They even had to close some stores down. LOL The supposed ship date for some people has been pushed back to July 2nd, so only a little over a week which isn't bad. Oh, and no, I plan upgrading my current phone to either the new Motorola DroidX or the Droid 2 that's supposed to come out next month.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    Oh, and no, I plan upgrading my current phone to either the new Motorola DroidX or the Droid 2 that's supposed to come out next month.
    I still don't know which way I'll be going come August....the Incredible is backed up a bit with pre-orders, and now they're talking about the Shadow 'n DroidX and some other Droid 2 phones for late summer....argggg.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

600,000 sold yesterday. I order me and the wifey one at 5am from ATT.com and didnt have a problem.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

I'm looking forward to the HD video recording, better camera, doing facetime calls with the boy while he's at work, and the phone just generally being faster (I have a 3G) and the battery lasting longer. I can't wait to get it - I'm trying to pack the next week or so with lots of stuff to do so it goes faster.

My only concern is having the glass front and back. I have the 3G too and the newer apps are starting to bog it down.

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    600,000 sold yesterday. I order me and the wifey one at 5am from ATT.com and didnt have a problem.

3 million per month...

Also, nobody has the ability to confirm a pre-order other than a live CSR. Confirmation emails and order status is just a "reserved" spot. Make sure you talk to a live CSR just to make sure.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Certified SG Addict
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I did.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    3 million per month...

Also, nobody has the ability to confirm a pre-order other than a live CSR. Confirmation emails and order status is just a "reserved" spot. Make sure you talk to a live CSR just to make sure.
    Calling now. Lets cross my fingers that I dont have a 30 minute hold time.

Calling now. Lets cross my fingers that I dont have a 30 minute hold time.
    Talked to the CSR and she stated that there is no way to guarentee delivery by 6/24. Their system shows everything as backordered until it ships. All I can do now is cross my fingers.

Talked to the CSR and she stated that there is no way to guarentee delivery by 6/24. Their system shows everything as backordered until it ships. All I can do now is cross my fingers.

Yeah, I'm also gonna upgrade but will prolly wait until the dust settles right after release to see if there are any major bugs. If iOS 4 installs fine on my 3GS that will be a good sign lol.

The newest update for iTunes rolled out today too. Its supposed to speed up the backup time for phones running 4.0...which will be a godsend.

My phone has been out for delivery since 5:30 am.. it's now a little past noon and it's still not here. I hope it comes soon - I have Things To Do, I'm starving, and I want to take a shower...

tao_jones - did your phones come yet?

9mm don't eat the iPhone!

OMG... see what you did 9mm!!! You crashed FedEx's website checking for your precious!

Just as Apple fans were at their jitteriest about the impending delivery of their iPhone 4s, FedEx's online tracking system crashed Wednesday afternoon.
    http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/23/tech...n_bin&hpt=Sbin

The newest update for iTunes rolled out today too. Its supposed to speed up the backup time for phones running 4.0...which will be a godsend.

upgraded to iOS4 on my 3GS....don't know if I need to goto the iPhone 4. Everything on the 3GS works better and is faster.

don't hate, i didn't make this LOL