Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No thread on the iPhone 4? Did anyone else Pre-Order?

Certified SG Addict
    Pre-order went through on 6/15 and my status has shown as "In Progress" on AT&T's site ever since. Never canceled, never backordered, nothing but "In Progress."

Some people have gotten theirs (quite a few who ordered well after me) even though their shipping statuses were never updated, but I'm thinking mine isn't going to be here today, or anytime soon.

If I don't get it on launch day, it defeats the purpose of a pre-order.
    Last edited by Brk; 06-24-10 at 07:46 AM.

Certified SG Addict
    Aaaaand I won't be getting mine today. AT&T CSR confirmed to me that mine hasn't even shipped yet.

She was silent when I asked her, "Doesn't that make a pre-order a waste of time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Aaaaand I won't be getting mine today. AT&T CSR confirmed to me that mine hasn't even shipped yet.

She was silent when I asked her, "Doesn't that make a pre-order a waste of time?"

I'm gonna wait until they push out an update to iOS4. And then I'll wait some more...the upgrade to iOS 4 on my 3GS was painless but some apps that I rely on took a dump...like Navigon which is my goto GPS app. Now I need to wait to see if Navigon pushes out an update for it's own app.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I found a picture of Obama today driving his daughter to get her new iPhone 4 that was supposed to go to Burkes house!!

Why be an early adopter anyway? Apple has a history of not including features on 1st and maybe 2nd gen products only to include them later after everyone bitches about the missing features. Plus, the products are frickin' expensive and HIGHLY proprietary.

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Why be an early adopter anyway? Apple has a history of not including features on 1st and maybe 2nd gen products only to include them later after everyone bitches about the missing features. Plus, the products are frickin' expensive and HIGHLY proprietary.
    Because we want to be.

I was suppose to have mine today at noon, now they are telling me the 29th.

After the Big F U Steve Jobs gave to people today complaining of the reception issues on the iPhone 4, I wouldn't even bother buying one if I wanted one, would cancel my order if it was still pending or would go to my nearest ATT store and demand a full refund, this is complete BS on Apples part.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/a...re-holding-th/
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

They could market that better. Get the new iReception Case to fix it!

When Steve held the press conf and couldn't get reception and blamed it on the interference from the crowd...look at how he was holding the iPhone 4....

http://iphonehold.tumblr.com/

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Self ownage at its finest.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    This is the fourth iphone ( I believe). How the hell does that make me an early adopter? It's got every feature I want, so why should I wait to buy it? It's a product I like, it's not expensive to ME, and as for the proprietary issue, Apple is making Facetime (their video call feature) totally open so that eventually it'll be on all cell phones and anyone can video call anyone, no matter which phone you have.

I love my new phone, btw. The screen is out of this world, and the HD video is awesome... no reception issues, either.

Any other first impressions?
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    This is the fourth iphone ( I believe). How the hell does that make me an early adopter?
    When he says early adopter he means versions, you can bet a few more versions of this "forth" iphone will prob come out with newer software and upgrades. Now a software upgrade can be done by Apple for you and should be done for free, as for other upgrades they will prob charge you if they are able to do them in a store. But I have to agree with a few here, I wouldn't have gotten it this early and would have waited. Knowing all the bad details thus far I would have avoided it fully now since it would appear Apple rushed this thing out. Looked like a damn feed rush for cattle on TV at them apple stores for a bunch of people that were all "I gotta have something cooler than everyone else".

proprietary? Mine will be jailbroken and unlocked right after I take it out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    When he says early adopter he means versions, you can bet a few more versions of this "forth" iphone will prob come out with newer software and upgrades. Now a software upgrade can be done by Apple for you and should be done for free, as for other upgrades they will prob charge you if they are able to do them in a store. But I have to agree with a few here, I wouldn't have gotten it this early and would have waited. Knowing all the bad details thus far I would have avoided it fully now since it would appear Apple rushed this thing out. Looked like a damn feed rush for cattle on TV at them apple stores for a bunch of people that were all "I gotta have something cooler than everyone else".
    Well, I rushed to pre-order, and I guarantee you it wasn't to have something "cooler than anyone else". I don't know why ppl love to make assumptions about other ppl. There are always a few ppl who's sole purpose in life is to look cool, but perhaps most of the ppl there were simply like me - they love their iPhone and couldn't wait til the next model. You think that's possible at all?

I get what you're saying about early adoption, but any "upgrades" will be software only - software updates which I can easily download when they come out. As for something being wrong with the hardware that gets changed in the next batch to be produced - it's possible, but it's not really my problem if my phone works fine, you know? And if it doesn't work fine, then you better believe I'll cause a fuss til my phone is fixed or replaced. It's worth it to me to take that chance in order to have my phone now. That's my decision. Other ppl would rather wait - that's theirs. To each their own.

That's not to say I think there aren't problems in general - I read the forums and know that there are issues with yellow lines on the screen, and reception. I just dont get why some ppl seem to be just waiting in pounce mode for Apple to have a problem so they can jump all over them, and why they assume that anyone who loves Apple products is either a fanboy or wants to look cooler than everyone else. You know what I mean? I could give a **** what I look like to other people - I have an iPhone cos I love what it does, that's all

Certified SG Addict
    I canceled my order (Which, by the way, you can't do online, you have to talk to some call center drone. Funny that, since the rest of the process occurred without ever speaking to a live human being).

Going to Verizon next month, and Android. This pre-order fiasco, combined with the petulant Jobs response to the antenna issue (hold it a different way, *******) has put me right off both AT&T and Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    Well, I rushed to pre-order, and I guarantee you it wasn't to have something "cooler than anyone else". I don't know why ppl love to make assumptions about other ppl. There are always a few ppl who's sole purpose in life is to look cool, but perhaps most of the ppl there were simply like me - they love their iPhone and couldn't wait til the next model. You think that's possible at all?
    I would bet a bunch of people were like you. But as this is an Apple product, I would say most had to get it for the cool factor and their fanboy love crush on Apple.

Nothing wrong with pre-ordering it and getting it right away. I do agree with Burke, if you pre-order and dont get it on day 1, the pre-order option has been defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I canceled my order (Which, by the way, you can't do online, you have to talk to some call center drone. Funny that, since the rest of the process occurred without ever speaking to a live human being).

Going to Verizon next month, and Android. This pre-order fiasco, combined with the petulant Jobs response to the antenna issue (hold it a different way, *******) has put me right off both AT&T and Apple.
    I do agree, "hold it differently" is a bit much. I think Jobs is a little defensive - I downloaded a video podcast of him at something called D8 where he was being interviewed - watching it on my iPhone actually, and the video quality was incredible - but anyway, my point is that a lot of the time he seemed kind of defensive. When questions were asked that were pointed, or about controversial stuff, sometimes he joked, but a lot of times his voice would start to get loud and he'd start to sound stressed, and his answer would sound like he was being badgered, even tho he wasn't being badgered, he was just asked a simple question. So maybe he took these complaints personally, I don't know. If so, he needs to realize he's the CEO and ppl are going to come to him with their complaints - that's just how it is. Ppl shouldn't have to hold their cell phones differently in order to get reception

YoS - we'll have to agree to disagree - I think most buy it cos they really like it, and only a few for the cool factor I agree tho, if you dont get it before release day, pre-order is sort of pointless.

Plain and simple... if the old one wasn't broken and working fine then why replace it? Answer: This one has cooler features and looks better therefore cool factor has kicked in and fan boy love of apple has defeated all other thoughts.

got mine on the 24th. Been pretty happy with it so far. This is my first iPhone, I'd been a Blackberry users for may years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.