Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Did that make you go limp?
    I Hope He Fails

Or maybe he'll say....

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
    I Hope He Fails

Why is it that Halliburton's name never came up? Notice whenever something really big goes wrong, Halliburton is behind it?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Why is it that Halliburton's name never came up? Notice whenever something really big goes wrong, Halliburton is behind it?
    Found that odd also. God knows they were a part of the problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I'm was hoping he would say the right thing..............
    Miggs you have 40-something posts and I would bet all of them trolling for a Dem vs Rep fight...you always this bored?

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    Miggs you have 40-something posts and I would bet all of them trolling for a Dem vs Rep fight...you always this bored?

QFT

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Certified SG Addict
    Judging by his posts, Miggs is the kind of dude who brings a happenin' party down by going off on a suds-fueled rant so brain-dead and devoid of original thought that it leaves everyone speechless.

He misconstrues their stunned silence as having "won" and seeks out other pockets of people in order to continue his political sputterances, until he eventually throws up in someone's purse and passes out on the bed where all the coats lay.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Judging by his posts, Miggs is the kind of dude who brings a happenin' party down by going off on a suds-fueled rant so brain-dead and devoid of original thought that it leaves everyone speechless.

He misconstrues their stunned silence as having "won" and seeks out other pockets of people in order to continue his political sputterances, until he eventually throws up in someone's purse and passes out on the bed where all the coats lay.
    The kind of hypocrite that is blind to his own parties faults.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

The kind of hypocrite that is blind to his own parties faults.
    Without question. Look at the clown he has in his Avatar. The guy is a known bigot.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Found that odd also. God knows they were a part of the problem also.
    Sure, but BP didn't tell halliburton "spare no expense on safety".

Halliburton is a ****** company for a number of reasons, but this is not close to the peak of their transgressions.

RE: the speech.

Worthless. No actual action plan, no timetable, just meaningless political posturing. whoopdie ****ing ding.
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
    Sure, but BP didn't tell halliburton "spare no expense on safety".

Halliburton is a ****** company for a number of reasons, but this is not close to the peak of their transgressions.

RE: the speech.

Worthless. No actual action plan, no timetable, just meaningless political posturing. whoopdie ****ing ding.
    The speech wasn't all that great I agree. However, less than 24 hours after he stated he would make them pay he got them to pony up 20 billion. That said the Administration's response has been unacceptable up to this point.

Btw, this guy Barton sure is scrambling to take back some of his remarks that he made earlier.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...id=fwDLF1Sq6Up

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The speech wasn't all that great I agree. However, less than 24 hours after he stated he would make them pay he got them to pony up 20 billion. That said the Administration's response has been unacceptable up to this point.
    By law, they have to pay for claims, so it's not like Obama had to strong arm them into it, since it was already a given. All he really did was "force" them into agreeing to the escrow account, but even then, BP didn't have a choice but agree to it since they're in damage control mode right now.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

So what else is the administration or BP suppose to do that they aren't?

Use magic? I mean that probably isn't far on the list since they're already asked for Costner's help.

If Obama wasn't so beholden to the Unions, he would've waived the Jones Act, which says that only unions can do certain jobs in American ports, harbors and waters, and accepted the help of the Dutch whom were offering their skimmers, which can separate the oil from the water by the thousands of gallons per day, a few days after the spill. It seems that Obama would rather put the Gulf Coast at risk than piss off his union cronies.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    If Obama wasn't so beholden to the Unions, he would've waived the Jones Act, which says that only unions can do certain jobs in American ports, harbors and waters, and accepted the help of the Dutch whom were offering their skimmers, which can separate the oil from the water by the thousands of gallons per day, a few days after the spill. It seems that Obama would rather put the Gulf Coast at risk than piss off his union cronies.
    I thought the issue with the skimmers was that they pumped the water from their tanks back intop the ocean, thus leaving the water skill contaminated after skimming.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    So what else is the administration or BP suppose to do that they aren't?

Use magic? I mean that probably isn't far on the list since they're already asked for Costner's help.
    Obama is the devil. Didn't you know that.

Ok, tell me why, if the Russians have used them, they can't nuke the thing shut? Sure, it's going against the treaties, but WTF? Other countries have too and this is a disaster of untold proportions. I know, I know, it's radical, unproven, don't know what it will do to sea life ect, but I mean come on, how long can this be let go as it is?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Ok, tell me why, if the Russians have used them, they can't nuke the thing shut? Sure, it's going against the treaties, but WTF? Other countries have too and this is a disaster of untold proportions. I know, I know, it's radical, unproven, don't know what it will do to sea life ect, but I mean come on, how long can this be let go as it is?
    That well is going to leak oil till August, you can bet on it. The relief well is being drilled but won't be until then that it's able to reach its point to stop it up. And even then they have to take that drill head and hit the target the size of a dinner plate and you know damn well they won't do that on the first try. Nope, its going to leak out at least 4times more oil than is in the water now before its done. If i was living in the gulf I'd be moving to another location cause it won't be getting better for at least 10+ years. Say good bye to all that fishing waters for a long long time, say good bye to cheap seafood and so on.

oBama is so over his head on this one, his inexperience is very apparent, but what can we expect from a community organizer, like I said before, he is a joke and he hates this country and wants to tear it down.
    I Hope He Fails