Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 143

Thread: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

  1. #121
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks@4ax.com>, Char Jackson
    <none@none.invalid> wrote:

    > >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
    > >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

    >
    > Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.


    nope. developers are end users too.

  2. #122
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:26 -0700]:
    > In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks@4ax.com>, Char Jackson
    > <none@none.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
    >> >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

    >>
    >> Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.

    >
    > nope. developers are end users too.


    end users are not developers

  3. #123
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:22 -0700]:
    > In article <6revv5lii9bin5fcj5tgd5kq3vtcjn478o@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    > <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the clarification. Developers aren't end users, so I'd say
    >> it's back in the vapor category.

    >
    > of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
    > develop for it.


    But end users are not developers.

  4. #124
    Paul Miner
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:26 -0700, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    >In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks@4ax.com>, Char Jackson
    ><none@none.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
    >> >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

    >>
    >> Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.

    >
    >nope. developers are end users too.


    Sure, they could eventually be end users, but for now they are
    developers. Hence, the product is not yet released and is therefore
    vaporware.

    I don't know how many ways you can twist this simple concept, but
    every time you arrive right back where we started.

    --
    Paul Miner

  5. #125
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <htovpp$e74$2@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > > of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
    > > develop for it.

    >
    > But end users are not developers.


    some are.

  6. #126
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <fh0006dk2lto5b1l6uc5fqb886ou1qavvp@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:

    > Sure, they could eventually be end users, but for now they are
    > developers. Hence, the product is not yet released and is therefore
    > vaporware.


    it's not either/or. developers are end users. they were probably end
    users before they became developers. just because they develop doesn't
    mean they don't also use the phone.

    > I don't know how many ways you can twist this simple concept, but
    > every time you arrive right back where we started.


    i'm not the one twisting.

    you can keep trying to define what an end user or developer is, but
    both iphone os 4 and android 2.2 have been released in limited ways.
    one is just developers and the other is for only one model phone that
    didn't sell very well. most android users can't update yet, even if
    they wanted to.

  7. #127
    Paul Miner
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:25:45 -0700, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    >In article <fh0006dk2lto5b1l6uc5fqb886ou1qavvp@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    ><pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Sure, they could eventually be end users, but for now they are
    >> developers. Hence, the product is not yet released and is therefore
    >> vaporware.

    >
    >it's not either/or. developers are end users. they were probably end
    >users before they became developers. just because they develop doesn't
    >mean they don't also use the phone.
    >
    >> I don't know how many ways you can twist this simple concept, but
    >> every time you arrive right back where we started.

    >
    >i'm not the one twisting.
    >
    >you can keep trying to define what an end user or developer is,


    I've never done that. I've only tried repeatedly to explain to you
    what vaporware is (and isn't). Your resistance doesn't change
    anything.

    >but
    >both iphone os 4 and android 2.2 have been released in limited ways.
    >one is just developers and the other is for only one model phone that
    >didn't sell very well. most android users can't update yet, even if
    >they wanted to.


    By what you're telling me directly above, Android 2.2 is released and
    OS 4 is not yet released and is therefore vaporware.

    --
    Paul Miner

  8. #128
    Paul Miner
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:17:30 -0700, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    >In article <htovpp$e74$2@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    ><nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
    >> > develop for it.

    >>
    >> But end users are not developers.

    >
    >some are.


    Completely irrelevant. We aren't talking about developers, we're
    talking about whether a particular piece of software has been released
    to end users. In this context, developers are not end users,
    obviously.

    --
    Paul Miner

  9. #129
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Fri, 28 May 2010 11:25:45 -0700]:
    > In article <fh0006dk2lto5b1l6uc5fqb886ou1qavvp@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    > <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Sure, they could eventually be end users, but for now they are
    >> developers. Hence, the product is not yet released and is therefore
    >> vaporware.

    >
    > it's not either/or. developers are end users. they were probably end
    > users before they became developers. just because they develop doesn't
    > mean they don't also use the phone.


    Developers may be end users, but end users are not developers, and it hasn't
    been released to end users. I know it's a simple concept and it's easy
    to understand.

    > i'm not the one twisting.


    hahahaha.

    > you can keep trying to define what an end user or developer is, but
    > both iphone os 4 and android 2.2 have been released in limited ways.
    > one is just developers and the other is for only one model phone that
    > didn't sell very well. most android users can't update yet, even if
    > they wanted to.


    Limited or not, end users have access to it. End users who are nothing
    but end users.

    Just because a game is released that is console only doesn't mean
    it's vapourware because it isn't available to PC gamers.

  10. #130
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <htq4ig$tc2$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > Limited or not, end users have access to it. End users who are nothing
    > but end users.


    very few of them. they must have a nexus one and seek it out manually.
    adobe has not yet released flash 10.1 for that matter, and that's part
    of android 2.2.

    even the htc evos that google *gave* to attendees for free does not
    have 2.2 because htc has won't be releasing 2.2 for months.

    > Just because a game is released that is console only doesn't mean
    > it's vapourware because it isn't available to PC gamers.


    only to console users is it available. for pc users it's still vapor.

  11. #131
    Richard B. Gilbert
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    Kimmy Boyer wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 May 2010 04:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Justin wrote:
    >
    >> Limited or not, end users have access to it. End users who are nothing
    >> but end users.

    >
    > You talking about my butt?



    How many of you out there suspect that "Kimmy" is a guy in drag?

  12. #132
    Richard B. Gilbert
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    Kimmy Boyer wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:36:33 -0400, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >
    >> Kimmy Boyer wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 04:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Justin wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Limited or not, end users have access to it. End users who are nothing
    >>>> but end users.
    >>> You talking about my butt?

    >> How many of you out there suspect that "Kimmy" is a guy in drag?

    >
    > If I was, I could **** myself.



    TRY!!!!

  13. #133
    Paul Miner
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    On Fri, 28 May 2010 21:23:28 -0700, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    >In article <htq4ig$tc2$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    ><nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Limited or not, end users have access to it. End users who are nothing
    >> but end users.

    >
    >very few of them.


    You can't keep admitting you're wrong, (as you just did above, AGAIN),
    and then immediately following up by denying you're wrong. On the
    other hand, maybe you can since you show no signs of slowing.

    For the slow readers, if it was released to end users, then it's no
    longer vapor.

    --
    Paul Miner

  14. #134
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <ujm806tn5u4v4toc7eoac2k383npq28ofg@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:

    > For the slow readers, if it was released to end users, then it's no
    > longer vapor.


    here it is again, stated very clearly:

    for *some* nexus one owners (not all), there is a *prerelease* version
    available. the date of the final release has not been announced.

    for ALL other android users, 2.2 is *not* available, and may not be
    until the end of the year. that is vapor.

    since the nexus one did not sell anywhere near as much as the droid and
    other android handsets, only a tiny fraction of android users can use a
    prerelease. most will have to wait.

    <http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-c...3/google_nexus
    _one_sales_chart_flurry-540x350.png>

    furthermore, adobe has said flash 10.1, which is part of android 2.2,
    will be done on june 17, so 2.2 *can't* be done yet, unless google has
    invented time travel.

    calling a prerelease version of android non-vapor and a pre-release
    version of iphone os 4 vapor is to be blunt, hypocritical ********.

  15. #135
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Mon, 31 May 2010 18:22:16 -0700]:
    > In article <ujm806tn5u4v4toc7eoac2k383npq28ofg@4ax.com>, Paul Miner
    > <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > calling a prerelease version of android non-vapor and a pre-release
    > version of iphone os 4 vapor is to be blunt, hypocritical ********.


    Once again you show your ignoraice. The iphone OS is not available
    to end users. Only developers. End users are not developers.

    End users of the Nexus One have access to android 2.2, so it is available
    to end users.

    Simple. I know you are

  16. #136
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <hu1o6g$u9q$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > > calling a prerelease version of android non-vapor and a pre-release
    > > version of iphone os 4 vapor is to be blunt, hypocritical ********.

    >
    > Once again you show your ignoraice. The iphone OS is not available
    > to end users. Only developers. End users are not developers.


    i've said it before, *any* end user can sign up as a developer and
    download it if they want it. they can even pirate it.

    iphone os 4 is very definitely available to anyone who wants it. in
    fact, there are even iphones with 4.0 beta sold on ebay.

    > End users of the Nexus One have access to android 2.2, so it is available
    > to end users.


    *only* for the nexus one, and it's a prerelease.

    for every single other android handset it's vapor.

  17. #137
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Mon, 31 May 2010 18:42:15 -0700]:
    > In article <hu1o6g$u9q$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    > <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > calling a prerelease version of android non-vapor and a pre-release
    >> > version of iphone os 4 vapor is to be blunt, hypocritical ********.

    >>
    >> Once again you show your ignoraice. The iphone OS is not available
    >> to end users. Only developers. End users are not developers.

    >
    > i've said it before, *any* end user can sign up as a developer and
    > download it if they want it. they can even pirate it.


    Only if you have a Mac, the vast majority of people don't have one.

    So, using your own standards, it's only available to a miniscule number
    of users so it's vapor.

    > iphone os 4 is very definitely available to anyone who wants it. in
    > fact, there are even iphones with 4.0 beta sold on ebay.


    You forget we have been talking about legally and ethically here.

    >> End users of the Nexus One have access to android 2.2, so it is available
    >> to end users.

    >
    > *only* for the nexus one, and it's a prerelease.


    And it's available.

    > for every single other android handset it's vapor.


    Vapourware means unreleased, at all. The number of people who can use it
    is irrelevant.



  18. #138
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <hu1s4s$cbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > > i've said it before, *any* end user can sign up as a developer and
    > > download it if they want it. they can even pirate it.

    >
    > Only if you have a Mac, the vast majority of people don't have one.


    you do not need a mac to sign up and download the firmware. you only
    need a mac write apps.

    > So, using your own standards, it's only available to a miniscule number
    > of users so it's vapor.


    nope, it's available to anyone who wants it.
    >
    > > iphone os 4 is very definitely available to anyone who wants it. in
    > > fact, there are even iphones with 4.0 beta sold on ebay.

    >
    > You forget we have been talking about legally and ethically here.


    just saying there are alternatives. signing up as a developer is legit.

    > >> End users of the Nexus One have access to android 2.2, so it is available
    > >> to end users.

    > >
    > > *only* for the nexus one, and it's a prerelease.

    >
    > And it's available.


    it's not the final release. it's a beta.

    > > for every single other android handset it's vapor.

    >
    > Vapourware means unreleased, at all. The number of people who can use it
    > is irrelevant.


    then it's vapor.

    there is no released version of android 2.2 for droid users or the htc
    evo, the phone that google gave out to google io attendees. you'd think
    they'd at least have had it on those.

    only *one* model phone has it, and it's a prerelease beta version.

  19. #139
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    nospam wrote on [Mon, 31 May 2010 19:51:32 -0700]:
    > In article <hu1s4s$cbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    > <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > for every single other android handset it's vapor.

    >>
    >> Vapourware means unreleased, at all. The number of people who can use it
    >> is irrelevant.

    >
    > then it's vapor.
    >
    >
    > only *one* model phone has it, and it's a prerelease beta version.


    Which is it?

  20. #140
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone

    In article <hu1vfo$ph3$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
    <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > >> > for every single other android handset it's vapor.
    > >>
    > >> Vapourware means unreleased, at all. The number of people who can use it
    > >> is irrelevant.

    > >
    > > then it's vapor.
    > >
    > > only *one* model phone has it, and it's a prerelease beta version.

    >
    > Which is it?


    why is a prerelease for the nexus one not vapor when a prerelease for
    the iphone is vapor?

    you're a hypocrite.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •