Thread: Lost's Finale

Lost's Finale

I was wondering how it would all tie in and make sense.

I think its one of the best series finales I've seen.

Blog Entries
    I've read a lot of discourse about the episode, but after watching it and wrapping my brain around it, it really does completely make sense in the scheme of the show. I've enjoyed the show since day one, and while not everything was explained, I enjoyed the show all the way to the end.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

I thought it was incredible. Loved every minute of the series. But damn, it sure has polarized people lol.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I thought it was incredible. Loved every minute of the series. But damn, it sure has polarized people lol.
    I don't know which was more polarizing, this episode, or "Across the Sea" with Jacob and the Man In Black...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    The problem i've seen with a lot of the hate is that people have thought it didn't matter because it all wasn't real.

And then others seemed to want an answer to every little thing.

I honestly can't think of a better way they could have ended it, and with most shows that get a chance to end things, thats rare.

I thought it was very good but i still rank the shield's ending as the best ever.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    I thought it was very good but i still rank the shield's ending as the best ever.
    Thats another really good one. Same as Dead Like Me's.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    The problem i've seen with a lot of the hate is that people have thought it didn't matter because it all wasn't real.

And then others seemed to want an answer to every little thing.

I honestly can't think of a better way they could have ended it, and with most shows that get a chance to end things, thats rare.
    Well everything was real, everything on the Island did happen, they weren't dead the whole time. Christian said so to Jack.

S1-S6 = It Happened, It was all real.

S6 Flash Sideways = They were Dead, they came together in "purgatory" or whatever you want to call it, to meet each other once more until they were ready to move on to the next step.

From another forum, the best explanation yet:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=423

They all died at various times in their life. Jack died on the Island like we just saw. Frank rescued people on the Ajira plane, but they all died at some point after living their lives. Hugo and Ben died at some point after watching over the Island.

But they all went to the Alternate Reality (Afterlife) and found each other!
    Everyone on the Ajira flight at the end made it off the Island, lived out their lives, and eventually died too of course. Everyone left on the Island, like Jack, died. Hugo protected the Island with Ben for a long while before they died, eventually everyone died, but not at the same time. When everyone was eventually all dead, then they somehow got together in the afterlife to meet before moving on.

My theory is that somehow Hugo was able to use the power of the Island to create this waiting room in the afterlife for them all. This could also explain why we saw the Island sunk in their dead reality. Perhaps that was the result of Hugo using the Island in that way. At any rate, Hugo (the now/then protector of the Island) at some point does die too obviously, and it might make sense that somehow he used the power of the Island, considering Ben said that Jacobs rules can be changed, Hurley probably made his own rules and did things a lot different than Jacob during his reign of the Island.

The S6 Sideways Dead Flashes were there simply to show us how their lives could have been, and what they really wanted in their lives, and to basically show us how it all turned out in "The End" hence the title of the finale, "The End"
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Thats another really good one. Same as Dead Like Me's.
    The movie sucked, no Rube = Fail. The ending was nice though.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    The movie sucked, no Rube = Fail. The ending was nice though.
    I was referring to the series end.

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    Did you ever see the ending to Newhart? That was great

Finally finished all of them from the DVR, I wasn't too happy with the ending but with all the flash "sideways" they did it couldn't end any other way. I would have rather seen the island blow up or something to finish it off and all of them die or even all get off the island alive but as they counted down ep's you knew that wouldn't happen as one by one they got killed off.

I liked it pretty much up till the last season, the final season didn't answer questions like they said it just added more WTF's to the whole thing.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Neverrmind, I'm a dumb ass.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................