Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama Gives It Away!

Blog Entries
    Americans are typically from somewhere. The Italians, Irish, Poles, Ukrainians hold on to their ancestries and customs much like recent immigrants from Latin America. That said, there is nothing all that surprising here.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Well if he was born in the United States, why all the hulabaloo to keep all documention of it a secret? What's hidden that shouldn't be seen? Why now, is it enacted that in the future, birth certificates and other proof of citizenship must be provided by the nominating party? Too many questions and not enough answers. If one of us common people tried this crap, we'd be on the sidelines.
    All the paper work was provided. Where did you even get this idea that it wasn't?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Certified SG Addict
    Even if he's not an natural-born citizen, no one will give a damn.

I wrote a blog post about this a while back.

People don't care about anything else that's happening, and compared to things that directly affect their lives like health care or taxation, an obscure requirement from the Constitution they were never taught about in school means zilch to them.

Hell, Orrin Hatch wanted to ditch the America-born requirement so Schwarzenegger could run. I heard nothing from the right-wingers then; most were walking around with red, white and blue boners because the Terminator has an R by his name!

If he's 100% American or a ringer, he's in office now. Bush and his cronies lied outright to the American people and the world about Iraq's scaaaary WMDs, and nothing happened to them. So, big deal if he's a programmed automaton from the planet Blackula.

It's a canard piked by people who don't like Obama and his policies.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Even if he's not an natural-born citizen, no one will give a damn.

I wrote a blog post about this a while back.

People don't care about anything else that's happening, and compared to things that directly affect their lives like health care or taxation, an obscure requirement from the Constitution they were never taught about in school means zilch to them.

Hell, Orrin Hatch wanted to ditch the America-born requirement so Schwarzenegger could run. I heard nothing from the right-wingers then; most were walking around with red, white and blue boners because the Terminator has an R by his name!

If he's 100% American or a ringer, he's in office now. Bush and his cronies lied outright to the American people and the world about Iraq's scaaaary WMDs, and nothing happened to them. So, big deal if he's a programmed automaton from the planet Blackula.

It's a canard piked by people who don't like Obama and his policies.
    Bush did not lie about the WMD's, nor did British Intelligence. Nor did anyone else. You need to bone up on the facts, boy.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    I am not interested in answering your question. Maybe you should ask Obama, they are after all his kids and I am sure he would know more about their genealogy then I would or you.
    A simple "I don't know the answer" would have sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    A simple "I don't know the answer" would have sufficed.
    It was a pointless question. Honestly, asking if the children are going to have the same ancestors as the parents.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

SG Enthusiast
    It was a pointless question. Honestly, asking if the children are going to have the same ancestors as the parents.
    You may have missed my point. Michelle refers to Obama as a Kenyan because his Father was from Kenya. Would then Obama's children be called Kenyans if their Grandfather was from Kenya?

My Grandfather was born in Ukraine. I do not call myself a Ukrainian. I am an American of Ukrainian descent.

You may have missed my point. Michelle refers to Obama as a Kenyan because his Father was from Kenya. Would then Obama's children be called Kenyans if their Grandfather was from Kenya?

My Grandfather was born in Ukraine. I do not call myself a Ukrainian. I am an American of Ukrainian descent.
    "Would then Obama's children be called Kenyans if their Grandfather was from Kenya?"

They will call themselves whatever they want to call themselves. Why do you have problem with that? If you have not noticed, the black community generally is very big on persevering their culture.

"My Grandfather was born in Ukraine. I do not call myself a Ukrainian. I am an American of Ukrainian descent."

What is there some law that everyone has to do it your way?

You may have missed my point.
    One more thing: you don't have a point; you are just arguing for the sake of arguing; just saying whatever pops into mind, even if it makes no rational sense.

SG Enthusiast
    "Would then Obama's children be called Kenyans if their Grandfather was from Kenya?"

They will call themselves whatever they want to call themselves. Why do you have problem with that? If you have not noticed, the black community generally is very big on persevering their culture.

"My Grandfather was born in Ukraine. I do not call myself a Ukrainian. I am an American of Ukrainian descent."

What is there some law that everyone has to do it your way?
    I was relating that my experience was similar to Obama's childrens regarding their grandfather. I am inquisitive to the cultural aspect of how one identifies themselves regarding their heritage.

As President and First Family, they hold my interest a bit longer than the average person.

It appears that this is way over your head. Maybe I'll take this subject up with someone more perceptive than you.

SG Enthusiast
    One more thing: you don't have a point; you are just arguing for the sake of arguing; just saying whatever pops into mind, even if it makes no rational sense.
    Where is the hostility coming from? I'm not even arguing. I'm not disagreeing with anyone. I'm just trying to understand. That's something people do. You should try it.

SG Enthusiast
    One more thing, Jerry. Whose freedom you fighting for, because all youve done in your last two posts is suppress my freedom to ask legitimate questions by using derision.

Some freedom fighter. What, do you stick the enemy with your colored bananas?

Go away, kid.

Where is the hostility coming from?
    Same place yours is coming from on this page of posts. Whether it's calling Burke a boy or referring to jeremy as a kid and telling him to go away. Glass houses Sarahnn.

One more thing, Jerry. Whose freedom you fighting for, because all youve done in your last two posts is suppress my freedom to ask legitimate questions by using derision.

Some freedom fighter. What, do you stick the enemy with your colored bananas?

Go away, kid.
    And you wonder why people call you out as an instigator?

I have nothing to do with this thread short of calling out this post as uncalled for.

jbc can be frustrating to discuss things with sometimes (not seeing it in this thread) but that doesn't call for disrespecting him or using his age or sexuality as things to hold against him.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    And you wonder why people call you out as an instigator?

I have nothing to do with this thread short of calling out this post as uncalled for.

jbc can be frustrating to discuss things with sometimes (not seeing it in this thread) but that doesn't call for disrespecting him or using his age or sexuality as things to hold against him.
    I give what I get. If someone is respectful to me, I am more than respectful back.

I give what I get. If someone is respectful to me, I am more than respectful back.
    Link to where jeremy ever took shots at your sexual preferences?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Same place yours is coming from on this page of posts. Whether it's calling Burke a boy or referring to jeremy as a kid and telling him to go away. Glass houses Sarahnn.
    Roody, I got asked if everyone has to do things my way, as though my point was petty. And I wasn't.

Then I was told that a legitimate question was to argue for the sake of arguing and it was not.

If he doesn't like what I say he can be more respectful.

Why is it that when someone gives me a hard time and I respond accordingly, I'm the bad guy?

SG Enthusiast
    Link to where jeremy ever took shots at your sexual preferences?
    I don't want to turn this into a big deal.

Jeremy was out of line. And I'm not the type to put up with it. End of story.

Roody, I got asked if everyone has to do things my way, as though my point was petty. And I wasn't.

Then I was told that a legitimate question was to argue for the sake of arguing and it was not.

If he doesn't like what I say he can be more respectful.

Why is it that when someone gives me a hard time and I respond accordingly, I'm the bad guy?
    In this instance because your remarks were hypocritical. You claim that they gave you a hard time, but I see nothing from them that comes close to the level of attacks you directed at them. In particular your shot at jeremy's sexual preference as if that had anything to do with the issue at hand.

SG Enthusiast
    In this instance because your remarks were hypocritical. You claim that they gave you a hard time, but I see nothing from them that comes close to the level of attacks you directed at them.
    All I'm sure of is that tonight I was attacked by Burke twice and there is no comment on that. So I called him "boy". So what. Do you know what he said to me earlier on my two threads?

You know what I think the problem is here? why this site is dying? When an outsider comes in and has the gall to express themselves as they please, some folks here get up in arms. But, together you form a coalition that turns that offending outsider into a bad guy. How are you going to grow if this is how you treat outsiders who are trying to find a niche here?

If I leave, some of you will be glad I left. And the board will die again.

I suggest you look at my convos with those I have had differences with and you will find that every time, they have instigated it with a derogatory comment first.

The "boy" comment to Burke was no worse than jawz calling me a grandma.

What, do I upset the pecking order here?

Maybe you guys are too set in your ways for open discussion without all the vitriol you show towards outsiders.

I'm not apologizing this time.