Thread: How about that NYC Pathfinder?

How about that NYC Pathfinder?

I'm glad the truck didn't explode

According to the news they have a lot of clues and the fact the vehicle is intact lead someone to say this guy left everything but his wallet.

Fox was the first I saw to claim international links, and it does seem similar to some European cases using propane tanks. The seeming stupidity involved makes me doubt someone actually spent much time putting this together though.

The whole thing is weird.

On Saturday in Times Square, a homemade bomb built inside a Nissan Pathfinder did not explode — and as a result, a trove of evidence was left behind for investigators to pore over, not only for physical evidence or forensic clues, but also as a reflection of an assailant’s methods, mind-set and possible motives.

“There is a lot there to read into the case that really helps them,” said James M. Cavanaugh, a former bomb expert with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives who investigated car bombs and tracked the Unabomber, Theodore J. Kaczynski, and Eric R. Rudolph, the bomber of abortion clinics and other sites.

Or, put another way by Kevin B. Barry, who retired in 2002 as a detective in the bomb squad of the New York Police Department and is now an official with the International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators: “He was trying to cover his tracks, but he left more clues than a guy walking into a bank to rob it without a mask. This guy left everything here but his wallet.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/ny...4evidence.html

Looks like they caught the retarded POS...now it's time to make him talk.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/04...s-square-plot/
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I bet he's a Muslim?
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot, did you see him last night talking with that scum katie couric ? He said " the suspect behind the bombing attempt could be a domestic terrorist angry at the government who acted alone.

"If I had to guess 25 cents, this would be exactly that. Homegrown, or maybe a mentally deranged person, or somebody with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something. It could be anything," he said.

There should be a big press conference today where he pays the 25 cents in failure, what a jerk this guy is, the libs want a home grown terrorist so bad so they can blame it on the teaparty.

http://wcbstv.com/local/car.bomb.suv.2.1670823.html
    I Hope He Fails

Anyone notice Bloomberg's press conference the other day. He told everyone the Mounted Police officers horses name.

It was Miggs.

Bloomberg's an idiot that nobody in NY takes serious anymore. Awesome work by the NYPD Counter Terrorism Squad and the FBI.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

times square would be a horrible place for a car bomb for sure

it's a good thing the bomb failed.

The plane was on the runway about to take off. Wow, caught him just in time!

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    The plane was on the runway about to take off. Wow, caught him just in time!
    Could have always turned the plane around, I'm surprised he was that stupid to take off from the US, drive to Canada then fly out to another country then buy another ticket to wherever and so on.. guess ya gotta be glad that people like him are just that damn stupid so as to not worry about something blowing up.

Breaking News Alert
    The New York Times
    Tue, May 04, 2010 -- 3:57 PM ET

Federal Officials Outline Charges Against Times Square Suspect.

Faisal Shahzad, a U.S. citizen from Pakistan who admitted his role in attempting to explode a car bomb in Times Square, has been charged with five counts, including conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction, and told investigators he received bomb-making training in the militant strongholds of Western Pakistan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Could have always turned the plane around, I'm surprised he was that stupid to take off from the US, drive to Canada then fly out to another country then buy another ticket to wherever and so on.. guess ya gotta be glad that people like him are just that damn stupid so as to not worry about something blowing up.
    He couldn't drive to Canada. He left his car in NYC.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Treason, take away his American citizenship status, have a military tribunal then throw the key away for life.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    ok well ride a goat to Canada??

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I bet he's a Muslim?
    The guy who alerted the authorities to a threat was.

What's your point?

And do you think he's a Muslim or not think he's a Muslim? Your post goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I bet he's a Muslim?
    Is he an American?

Good job on finding the bomb.

Get a little worries sometimes up here in Canada. Technically there could be 2000 cars parked out front of the house since 911 waiting to explode.

Times Square Bomber Linked With CIA-Controlled Terror Group

A man arrested in Pakistan in connection with the Times Square car bombing attempt who had traveled with accused bomber Faisal Shahzad is a member of a terrorist organization that is controlled by British MI6 and the CIA.

http://dprogram.net/2010/05/06/times...-terror-group/