Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish all States Were Like Arizona

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

"Sometimes when you say something that is misleading and gives the wrong impression a little back peddling is in order."

What you said was just awful, not "misleading".

I don't think you are racist, Sarahnn, but I think you like to stir things up and that is why you say things like that. My guess, is that you do it for attention, shock value and because you like to argue. Whether it is conscious or subconscious I don't know but you flip-flop on topics so readily that it is clear you have no interest in a fruitful discussion.
    Well, you are wrong. But, when one has passionate views among judgemental people, they will always think the worse.

These arizona laws arent about the average border runner who seeks U.S. dollars to send back to Mexico. It is about the death and destruction caused by the violation of our borders.

I can't change the facts. I want all aliens here to enter our great country legally. I don't care who they are, I care about the ones that are already here regardless of our ethniticity who try to obey the laws. These border violations have to stop and the border states have a right to protect themselves. Take it or leave it. Everyone has to choices to make.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Common American history texts are riddled with false data and propoganda. Even college history texts omit a lot of truth. Economic opportunity is what sparked the massive immigration to the US in the 1800's and early 1900's.

The idea of America becoming populated by people seeking freedom from tyranny and oppression has been the primary concept of history texts so as to further US political goals by making is appear that everywhere else in the world people are oppressed.
    This is not true. There are millions of first-hand accounts of people who came to these shores. There are just as many reasons why immigrants came to our shores. I don't think you'll find any immigrant saying that they did not come here for economic opportunity. The Irish came because of the potatoe famine. People from certain ethnic, political and religions came because their economic wealth was taken from them, because of persecution. The making of America was founded on a belief that economic prosperity could not only be gained but "held onto" because of our system of government.

While this concept has some truth, the vast majority of people who came to the US did not come here seeking freedom from tyranny.
    There are all kinds of tyranny. I wasn't referring simply to dictatorships or royalty. I was also speaking of government systems in which the people did not have a clear voice.

Even those who came here in the 1700's later had to revolt because those same tyrannies existed here in the new land.
    The tyranny came from Britain, not here.

The US is partly responsible for having created this immigration issue. And who exactly IS the US? Why its thee and me of course!
    The U.S. is partly responsible for all its successes and failures like every other country in the world, including Mexico.

One thing I have not been able to understand is why we don't just give the Mexicans who come here to do an honest days' work "green" cards so they can go back and forth between here and Mexico. It seems to me it would enable us to focus on the illegals who are involved with the illegal drug trade. In fact, let the companies that hire them provide the I.D. s

Also, amnesty should be extended immediately for those who came to the U.S. legally and let their visa's expire.
    Last edited by Sarahnn; 05-01-10 at 01:24 PM. Reason: addition.

Blog Entries
    The beauty of the forum milieu, discussions have a paper trail. I again re-read the first page of this thread.... wow.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Ok.. I'm trying to understand this whole debate..

You have groups of people that are in this country living here 24/7 "or" living here, and just going back and forth to their own native countries.

Is that against U.S law, Yes or No? I think the answer is yes.

So if the answer to the my question above is yes, then this state law that Arizona past is a result of those people living in this country illegally. But some people have a issue with this law, because it puts the government into a position of bypassing privacy of the general public? And also profiling of certain groups of people?

Did I get all of that correct?

Laws such as this( must show ID on demand)- must be in place, before the national ID card (Healthcare card with the barcode and RFID chip), can be issued and implemented.

What you are seeing now is called the formula of-

1)Problem
    2)Reaction
    3)Solution

And everyone plays right into the controllers hands.

lol. You are calling me judgemental? You lumped all immigrants into being drug deals or criminals.

"Some cops are pigs" Granted, some lawyers are pigs, some fire fighters are pigs, some paramedics are pigs..

You must realise that youre calling cops pigs for abusing their authority? lol.

Btw, dont drive over the center line, yea the cop should have pulled you over, and yea you should have been given a warning. Learn to drive, learn to argue too because you are terrible at it.

Youre are going to be the first person I have ever had to put on my ignore list at this site as you are just intolerable, you beleive everything you say is the truth, you remind me of a fanatical religious woman, who is trying to spew garbage onto others, then justifying why its right.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutch View Post
    lol. You are calling me judgemental? You lumped all immigrants into being drug deals or criminals.

"Some cops are pigs" Granted, some lawyers are pigs, some fire fighters are pigs, some paramedics are pigs..

You must realise that youre calling cops pigs for abusing their authority? lol.

Btw, dont drive over the center line, yea the cop should have pulled you over, and yea you should have been given a warning. Learn to drive, learn to argue too because you are terrible at it.

Youre are going to be the first person I have ever had to put on my ignore list at this site as you are just intolerable, you beleive everything you say is the truth, you remind me of a fanatical religious woman, who is trying to spew garbage onto others, then justifying why its right.
    I might have been too harsh on the cop. He might have just meant it would be a good idea to go inside without actually ordering the two men to do it.

I think I was in a bad mood yesterday. I was pretty tough on everyone.

But I do believe it should be up to the discretion of the cop ask for an ID.

Toronto, Canada Computers Built and Fixed personally: 720
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    More great news about the wonderful peaceful loving illegals.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/30...y-shot-desert/
    I hate to drag this up again but....

Seriously, your going to cite Fox "news" as a valid source of information?
    How can you not see the biased nature of all their reports? You might as well tell us about how Glenn Beck is a great reporter and isn't biased in any way.
    Intel Core 2 Duo Q8300 2.55Ghz (1333mhz)
    Asus P5N-D
    OCZ Platinum 8gb (2x2gb) PC8000 1000mhz 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 460GTX 1gb PCIE 2.0
    Western Digital Black 640gb x 2 Raid 0
    Coolermaster 1000W Modular PSU
    Antec NSK4480B
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

----------------------------------------------------------
    HP TC5700 (Thin Client) 1ghz, 512mb 80gb 1x1000mb NIC 1x100mb NIC running PFSense 1.22
    Linksys WRT-150 running DD-WRT V.24 (Access Point)

"SG Techies rule!" - Sig Buddies with Amro

Fox News isn't a news site, it's an opinion site. That's why they have been able to get away with their "reporting" in a legal sense.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Fox News isn't a news site, it's an opinion site. That's why they have been able to get away with their "reporting" in a legal sense.
    I think Fox is both, but a smart consumer has to be discerning about when Fox or CNN stray over to slanted news.

If you think about it, our traditional newspapers weren't (notably) slanted and it was the editorial piece that was acceptably biased.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8265&q=number#

Interesting video.

Not sure how accurate the numbers are but if it's anywhere close to the truth you can see that we can't substain this influx of immigritants into our country and provide the infastructure to support our country.

Something needs to be done and relatively soon.

Arizona is the first step in correcting this illegal and legal immigration problem.
    Last edited by SlyOneDoofy; 05-02-10 at 12:00 PM.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8265&q=number#

Interesting video.

Not sure how accurate the numbers are but if it's anywhere close to the truth you can see that we can't substain this influx of immigritants into our country and provide the infastructure to support our country.

Something needs to be done and relatively soon.

Arizona is the first step in correcting this illegal and legal immigration problem.

World population needs to come under control first. The answer is quite simple. Educate women. When women get educated, they realize that they want to get s h i t done and they wind up having less children.

http://www.gapminder.org/videos/what...lation-growth/

Hans is pretty much a God of statistics and a frequent speaker on TED.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by terrancelam View Post

How can you not see the biased nature of all their reports? You might as well tell us about how Glenn Beck is a great reporter and isn't biased in any way.

Is this better.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100501/...deputy_shot_16
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Like fiegned vapors, the indignation of having to read from a fox linked news story is oh so upsetting! how do you and yours survive ?

May be a Huffypuffpo linked article with the exact same info will unbunch the panties.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_559655.html

Dear god like google doesnt have a thousand versions for those with weak sensibilities to chose from!

Time to grow alittle.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    Like fiegned vapors, the indignation of having to read from a fox linked news story is oh so upsetting! how do you and yours survive ?

May be a Huffypuffpo linked article with the exact same info will unbunch the panties.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_559655.html

Dear god like google doesnt have a thousand versions for those with weak sensibilities to chose from!

Time to grow alittle.
    Your mouth is running.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Informer View Post
    Laws such as this( must show ID on demand)- must be in place, before the national ID card (Healthcare card with the barcode and RFID chip), can be issued and implemented.

What you are seeing now is called the formula of-

1)Problem
    2)Reaction
    3)Solution

And everyone plays right into the controllers hands.

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/9...tional-id-card

Like most of the other news posted on their site, and most other news sites, it's an AP story, so Fox has nothing to do with its contents.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    World population needs to come under control first. The answer is quite simple. Educate women. When women get educated, they realize that they want to get s h i t done and they wind up having less children.

http://www.gapminder.org/videos/what...lation-growth/

Hans is pretty much a God of statistics and a frequent speaker on TED.
    I wopnder if those statistics include the fact that approximately 35.9% of China's population is currently subject to the one-child restriction. What will happen if that is lifted?

It also paints a pretty picture and ignores the struggles that developed countries face when immigrants move into a country that have already low birth rates.

It ignores the possiblility that our government and our way of life may be ruined during this timeline.

The way to solve the problem is to improve the countries they live in...not let them move here.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

The one thing I love about Fox News is that they are honest, anyways, who wants to listen to the likes of kAtie cOuric sucking up to the messiah, not me.
    I Hope He Fails

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    The one thing I love about Fox News is that they are honest, anyways, who wants to listen to the likes of kAtie cOuric sucking up to the messiah, not me.
    Honesty is in the voter registration card of the beholder...