Thread: Seems like the polen this year is at a record high.

Blog Entries

Seems like the polen this year is at a record high.

I've been hearing from reports from people all around, that the pollen is really bad. It is down here in SC. How about where you live?

"Looking over the last 12 years of data we have not had recorded daily counts this high for the first week in April," according to the daily pollen report provided yesterday by the Department of Allergy and Immunology at Walter Reed Army Medical

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...is_blowin.html

Horrible, the weather turns nice and I can't even open my windows without the stuff pouring in. You risk getting it in places like TV's and stuff that unlike dust won't just blow out as it is often sticky. Wash your vehicle and its covered within an hour. I have to stain my deck but I can't even do that cause of it so now I'll be forced to do that, paint porch and so on when its freakin hot as hell.

It's like mustard here

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

oh man, this year i have been taking generic zertec almost everyday.

the other day we worked on a pool house slab, under 3 big old oak trees, i kept getting those pollen bombs dropping on my neck and in my hair, so annoying let me tell ya.

and how about them little green worm things that drop out of those trees also, gross LOL

Hmmm, I think its a little better around here(CT) this year than last.

Northern VA is yeller!

Thye other day I wacked a cedar limb and a cloud of yellow dust floated up and away. Four days ago I readied my boat for fisrt 2010 trip to the Potomac & also replaced the windshield glass because it blew out under the weight of the last big snow. Two days later boat was yellow. Used my leaf blower to clean it up and put the tarp back on it for a couple more weeks.

Seems to be less pollen now, but a couple dry days will bring it back in force again because the weather will be cooler. As soon as it soars to 80 again the pollen will burst on the scene for a last ditch reproductive effort of the foilage.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

I can't mulch till the crap stops falling too.. drives me nuts from the time I waste trying to get the yard lookin good for summer time. The little "Helicopter" things from my maple tree's have to fall, the oak tree strings and so on first before I mulch or else it looks like crap after its all fallen on top of the mulch.

You pretty much have to depend on a storm at least once a week to really rain hard and windy the pollen level down.

My allergies were my best reporters! Cheesh...having to take presciption allergy medications for about 3 weeks now...without it...I can't even open my eyes in the morning...let alone breathe!

My car is normally a lovely sunburst orange in color...it is now a sick yellow! Have to rinse it off every other day...yellow windshields? not in style yet
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    My allergies were my best reporters! Cheesh...having to take presciption allergy medications for about 3 weeks now...without it...I can't even open my eyes in the morning...let alone breathe!

My car is normally a lovely sunburst orange in color...it is now a sick yellow! Have to rinse it off every other day...yellow windshields? not in style yet

If you are that bad you might be a good candidate for the shots...ever looked into it? I took them when I was 12 or so and it helped me tremendously. I might consider starting them again soon as my immunity is starting to weaken again.

The sky down here was literally a greenish yellow for the past week until we got a bit of rain around Thursday.

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    I have to agree every morning my throat is clogged of stuff that drained it takes me about an hour to clear it out.
    Comptia a+ n+

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    If you are that bad you might be a good candidate for the shots...ever looked into it? I took them when I was 12 or so and it helped me tremendously. I might consider starting them again soon as my immunity is starting to weaken again.

The sky down here was literally a greenish yellow for the past week until we got a bit of rain around Thursday.
    That is plan B. My next appointment is the 20th...if there is not vast improvement..then will probably not have much choice. I kinda like this breeathing "stuff"! The rain over the last couple of days has helped quite a bit. Thanks Loop!
    Mystical Folding Minx

They wouldn't let me get shots i was to hyper sensitive. Sounds crazy but check out aloe vera juice it seemed to help mine out a bit it's only 10 bucks at drug stores.
    Comptia a+ n+

Quote Originally Posted by mccoffee View Post
    They wouldn't let me get shots i was to hyper sensitive. Sounds crazy but check out aloe vera juice it seemed to help mine out a bit it's only 10 bucks at drug stores.

Oddly enough...I have some here already...Thanks mccoffee!
    Mystical Folding Minx

It's bad in Ohio. I'm ready to throw in the towel and see the doc. Over the counter meds aren't doing a thing.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

SG Enthusiast
    I have had a chronic headache since the pollen came out.

one more crazy tip try flax seed oil it did seem to help my asthma skin promblems caused by allergies.

I haven't taken in a while but it did help.

Sara check out accupressure it takes some time to work but it does give some relief.
    Comptia a+ n+

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoffee View Post
    one more crazy tip try flax seed oil it did seem to help my asthma skin promblems caused by allergies.

I haven't taken in a while but it did help.

Sara check out accupressure it takes some time to work but it does give some relief.
    Thanks and Happy Birthday! I woke up this morning for the first time in a week without any signs of the headache....yaaayyyyy....

Not sure I could take accupunture. I won't even have my ears pierced. Oops....I see you said accupressure, not accupunture. ......Have you done that?

Yeah i do it from time to time but it does take awhile to work and hit the points just right there is a bunch of sited dedicated to it
    Comptia a+ n+

Not much pollen here yet, but my folks house in NC is is bright yellow. Hell, the whole state is yellow from all the pine and oak pollen.

I hear more dismay about the $ of allergy drugs, versus the actual allergy.