Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats : STFU with that Constitution nonsense you silly citizens

Angry Democrats : STFU with that Constitution nonsense you silly citizens

You will take healthcare and like it.

I thoroughly enjoy watching that Thug from Chicago and those sniveling no good apes in Congress try and force this into law, Constitution be damned. They're just making it so easy to get embarrassed in November then again in 2012, when even I could probably unseat Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...e-health-care/

But now, as the House of Representatives moves toward approving one of the most sweeping pieces of domestic legislation in U.S. history, critics are fuming that Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to usher through a health care bill . . . without a vote. Pelosi, they say, is thumbing her nose at a cherished, basic principle of democracy for the sake of a legislative win. House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence is calling the plan, which several Democratic leaders are defending, "a betrayal of the commitment of every member of this Congress to the American people."
    Bunch of sneaky POS's they are. Do they actually think that they could get away with something like this and NOT expect it to get smashed to smitherines in court? This is absolutely nothing shy of those snakes in Congress and that Chicago Thug going well beyond the behavior they so often chastised the previous admin for.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    You will take healthcare and like it.

I thoroughly enjoy watching that Thug from Chicago and those sniveling no good apes in Congress try and force this into law, Constitution be damned. They're just making it so easy to get embarrassed in November then again in 2012, when even I could probably unseat Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...e-health-care/

Bunch of sneaky POS's they are. Do they actually think that they could get away with something like this and NOT expect it to get smashed to smitherines in court? This is absolutely nothing shy of those snakes in Congress and that Chicago Thug going well beyond the behavior they so often chastised the previous admin for.
    They are going to such extremes to put this one bill through, even though the repubs have agreed to work something out with them if they give up this health-care fiasco. It makes me wonder what they have to gain besides health care for 30 million people. (that's an overworked number by the way)

Anyway, I love making political predictions and I don't make many. I'll bet that the Dems have far more to lose than the 30 million without health care if this doesn't go through. Besides 30 million votes they'll have in their back pockets, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    They're just making it so easy to get embarrassed in November then again in 2012, when even I could probably unseat Obama.

So what's the problem, let them do what they want and let the chips fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    I'll bet that the Dems have far more to lose than the 30 million without health care if this doesn't go through. Besides 30 million votes they'll have in their back pockets, I mean.
    No one in this country is without health care, health insurance maybe.

Trebek:..... "a betrayal of the commitment of every member of this Congress to the American people."

/rings in

What is most everything the government has done to the US in recent memory.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    No one in this country is without health care, health insurance maybe.
    You make me think of something Allen West said once. He said that the Preamble to the Constitution says the Government should promote the general welfare, not provide it.

My question is... If the health-care bill will benefit so many good people, why are so many good people against it?

This is a friend of mine I've known all my life, he's a US Senator from Wyoming, a doctor as well. He explains a bit about the health care crap at his site and his youtube channel. His explanations are simplified and any citizen can understand why this health care bill is so screwed up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/barrassowyo
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    This is a friend of mine I've known all my life, he's a US Senator from Wyoming, a doctor as well. He explains a bit about the health care crap at his site and his youtube channel. His explanations are simplified and any citizen can understand why this health care bill is so screwed up.

He's trying to make people understand what they're walking into. I don't know why some people don't listen. If they think it's a vote against people who need health insurance, then it's a vote against everyone who strives to make a better life for themselves.

Just heard a report on the radio that said that Obama doesn't mind the measures that Congress is taking to pass this garbage and that he doesn't "spend much time worrying about procedural rules"? Wtf? Update: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-doesnt-worry/
    Last edited by Prey521; 03-17-10 at 05:09 PM.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

The GOP is stuck. For many years now the GOP has taken a contrarian stance on most issues while not having been held accountable or responsible to the people they represent for not having provided viable policy alternatives. For all intents and purposes, the GOP has devolved into an echo chamber.

The conservative idea I put forth is to LOWER health care costs by lowering the DEMAND for healthcare.

For example...when gas prices were high, the government took a leadership position and told Americans to cut down on their fuel consumption and to invest on more economical means. When the economy went south...gas prices tumbled because the demand for gas went down. This is simple economics. Healthcare, like gas, is a COMMODITY. And as with all commodities, if the demand for that particular commodity is low...the price for such will follow suit.

IMO, the GOP needs desperately to take a leadership position and develop a model for increasing the health and wellness of all Americans which would eventually lead to lower healthcare costs. If you lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right, promote and live in a culture of fitness...you can avoid many of the ailments that people are plagued with. Obesity and diabetes are two huge causes of many illnesses...and in many cases, they can be prevented. The GOP should focus on PREVENTION. What is the old saying? an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Right now, the GOP is basically stuck in a quagmire. It created the healthcare model (Mitt Romney) that the Dems are blasting them with and it's also part of the Republican Roadmap which I have posted earlier a few weeks back. Acting contrarian this late in the game only makes them appear to be insincere hypocrites.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    IMO, the GOP needs desperately to take a leadership position and develop a model for increasing the health and wellness of all Americans which would eventually lead to lower healthcare costs. If you lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right, promote and live in a culture of fitness...you can avoid many of the ailments that people are plagued with. Obesity and diabetes are two huge causes of many illnesses...and in many cases, they can be prevented. The GOP should focus on PREVENTION. What is the old saying? an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    Probably going to be the downfall of the USA. One trip to the water park and seeing an 8 year old kid weighing 200 lbs carrying dipping dots in one hand and nachos in the other while waddling back to his recliner is a sick site for sure. All you can eat Hog Troffs, super size everything and kids not knowing how to ride bikes. Pasty, fat little turds sitting indoors all summer long playing games on the PC is an epidemic. We've committed suicide as a society and will need a lot of folks with big 'ol balls to even begin to slow this train....
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Probably going to be the downfall of the USA. One trip to the water park and seeing an 8 year old kid weighing 200 lbs carrying dipping dots in one hand and nachos in the other while waddling back to his recliner is a sick site for sure. All you can eat Hog Troffs, super size everything and kids not knowing how to ride bikes. Pasty, fat little turds sitting indoors all summer long playing games on the PC is an epidemic. We've committed suicide as a society and will need a lot of folks with big 'ol balls to even begin to slow this train....

Well, it begins at home. The GOP needs leaders at the grassroots level.

Well, it begins at home. The GOP needs leaders at the grassroots level.
    They also need a leader at the National level. Someone who isn't scared of Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post

Great video Tony, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    They also need a leader at the National level. Someone who isn't scared of Rush.

A new leader (or leaders) along with a new platform that simply isn't a regurgitation of liberal ideology dressed up in a conservative suit. In many instances, choice comes down to candidate rather than philosophy/ideology. When both candidates start to sound exactly the same but look different...it's obvious that we need to reexamine what it is that we're doing with the country lol.

Right now the GOP is crying about procedure in Congress and it's desperate. It's a desperate last ditch effort to thwart the inevitable. And the only reason it's inevitable is because BOTH parties are selling universal healthcare to the American people. But as I see it, unless we get society healthy...the only people that will benefit is the health industry itself.

Who cares if everyone has healthcare access or insurance if you're always using it because you are that unhealthy??????? People are not getting more healthy in this country...we are just enabling people to live longer so that they serve as slaves to the system longer lol.

I still believe that the wealthiest and most powerful free nation on Earth should be able to muster healthcare for all of it's citizens but at the same time, we have to curb demand for it through preventative measures. Prevent illness rather than treat it. Prevent disease rather than wage a war against it.

Who cares if everyone has healthcare access or insurance if you're always using it because you are that unhealthy??????? People are not getting more healthy in this country...we are just enabling people to live longer so that they serve as slaves to the system longer lol.

I still believe that the wealthiest and most powerful free nation on Earth should be able to muster healthcare for all of it's citizens but at the same time, we have to curb demand for it through preventative measures. Prevent illness rather than treat it. Prevent disease rather than wage a war against it.
    I work in healthcare as a Firefighter/Paramedic as you know and I can tell you first hand NOBOBY in this country is denied free healthcare. People do not care about preventive care, when the majority of the lower socioeconomic class uses 911 as their PCP do you think they really care about taking care of themselves? Absolutely not, they just want something for contributing nothing to society but have this sense of entitlement that they deserve free healthcare...... guess what, it's not free, you are I... the taxpayers are paying for it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink...... you can give them free health insurance but you can't make them use it.... for preventive care.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    I work in healthcare as a Firefighter/Paramedic as you know and I can tell you first hand NOBOBY in this country is denied free healthcare. People do not care about preventive care, when the majority of the lower socioeconomic class uses 911 as their PCP do you think they really care about taking care of themselves? Absolutely not, they just want something for contributing nothing to society but have this sense of entitlement that they deserve free healthcare...... guess what, it's not free, you are I... the taxpayers are paying for it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink...... you can give them free health insurance but you can't make them use it.... for preventive care.

Dude, before I became a combat instructor I was a firedawg/emt as well...for 15 years and I'm still an EMT today. You know as well as I do that we're tainted. We're biased because we see the same folks over and over and over. So I know firsthand what you're talking about but at the same time we can't generalize and use terms like "they" and we can't use vague phrases like "majority of lower socioeconomic class" without quantifying it. Again, we're tainted because of the frustration involved in performing our duties. Poverty places the greatest demand on the healthcare system. The alarming factoid that I can share with you is that 44 million americans are uninsured and 8 out of every 10...work for a living. Because these poverty level workers can't afford health insurance, they forego many preventive measures to include childhood immunizations!

I mean my God, we're going to spend 14.5 BILLION dollars for the 2010 Census all because our government can't figure out how to get the damn 10 question form on the internet lol.

At some point we have to do something different because this is Einstein's definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and over while expecting different results. The problem for us is that the failure is growing in size and scope.

Also, take a gander at this healthcare questionnaire...

1. Do we have a moral obligation to provide healthcare to everyone as needed or is healthcare a commodity that should be subject to the same marketplace influences as other commodities?

2. What should the government's role be in providing access to healthcare for Americans?

3. According to a study in The Journal of the American Medical Association, nearly 40 percent of physicians have manipulated insurance reimbursement receive needed care. For example, physicians have exaggerated patients' symptoms to allow them to stay in the hospital longer, and changed patients' diagnoses for billing purposes. In our current healthcare system, is this justifiable or unethical?

4. Do insurance companies and HMOs use unfair practices to control spending?

5. Should employers be required by law to offer health insurance to employees?

6. Should employees be required by law to participate in employers’ health insurance?

7. Should everyone be required to have health insurance, much as drivers are required to have auto insurance?

8. Our system of health insurance is linked to employment. Coverage is usually provided by the employer, with some contribution from the employee. We now have many people working part-time, or freelance, or working through other non-traditional arrangements.

Should health insurance continue to be linked to employers (our “employer-based system”) or is there another preferred approach?

9. Who should decide when a healthcare service is medically necessary: the doctor who is treating the patient or the insurance planwho is paying the bill?

10. “Evidence-based medicine” tries to reduce variations in practice, reduce inappropriate care, and reduce waste by using results of studies of large groups of people as the basis for medical guidelines. On the other hand, some feel that it is bad medical policy to apply general rules to all cases and that medicine requires that the physician use his or her knowledge of the particular patient in deciding on the course of treatment along with the patient. What do you think?

11. Some feel that healthcare is a commodity like VCRs or computers and that it should be distributed according to the ability to pay in the same way that consumer goods are. Others feel that healthcare is a need and that it should be distributed according to need. What do you think?

12. Currently, individual health insurance policies are much more expensive and/or do not offer the same services as group insurance. However, in most states the law does not allow people to form a group for the purpose of getting health insurance.
    Should individual policies cost the same as group policies? Who should pay the individual’s additional cost? (the individual? the government? the insurance company?) Should it be legal for people to form a group themselves, such as through the internet, for the purpose of getting a group insurance policy?

13. How much, if anything, would you be willing to pay every month so that everyone could have access tobasic medical care? Nothing? $25/month? $50/month? More? What should “basic medical care” be? Who should decide?

I whole heartedly agree that something needs to change, but I also whole heartedly believe that a government run healthcare system is not the answer, we will ALL suffer because of it. We already have government run healthcare in Medicaid and Medicare and look how piss poorly they are managed and abused, why does everyone think this is going to be any different?

The numbers of uninsured Americans is so scewed, 44 million Americans are not without healthcare. The Democrats are using Census data the throw out that 44 million number and how accurate is the Census data?

I mean my God, we're going to spend 14.5 BILLION dollars for the 2010 Census all because our government can't figure out how to get the damn 10 question form on the internet lol.
    And you want these same people to run our healthcare? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    I whole heartedly agree that something needs to change, but I also whole heartedly believe that a government run healthcare system is not the answer, we will ALL suffer because of it. We already have government run healthcare in Medicaid and Medicare and look how piss poorly they are managed and abused, why does everyone think this is going to be any different?

The numbers of uninsured Americans is so scewed, 44 million Americans are not without healthcare. The Democrats are using Census data the throw out that 44 million number and how accurate is the Census data?

And you want these same people to run our healthcare? Seriously?

Check this out...this is from 1948.

"Compulsory sickness insurance...is a variety of socialized medicine or state medicine and possesses the evils inherent in any politically controlled system. It is contrary to American tradition and is the first and most dangerous step in the direction of complete state socialism. The American Medical Association rejects any such scheme as a method of the distribution of medical care." - Editorial from The Journal of the American Medical Association, Dec. 1948