Thread: Glitchy Lag...Please Help! MW2...

Glitchy Lag...Please Help! MW2...

Hey everyone... I'm new here and in desperate need of help. I am having a weird lag issue that I cant figure out. I get a glitchy freeze every few seconds, and it happens more when there are more people in the party.

This never really happened to me before, and starting occurring when I had a small power outage. Since then I have replaced everything. (modem/router, lines, filters, tried different telephone jacks, etc.) It doesn't really happen when I have host so I think my firewall is somehow conflicting with my connection to others.

Connection: ATT DSL 6.0

Modem/Router: 2Wire Combination

Connection type: Ethernet

Firewall: DMZ plus (playstation 3), Maximum Protection (Ipod & 2 computers)

All Devices: Obtain IP addresses automatically

Speedtest: 5.7 Download, .42 Upload---103 ms Ping

Pingtest: 36 ms ping, 4 ms jitter (average)---Peak 80 ms ping, 20 ms jitter (rare)

NAT: Type 1, Open

Att came by today and said my line actually tested good. He suspected a conflict between IPs because its set as "static." I tried manually entering what he told me to and received a DNS error. I seriously doubt that this could pertain to a Ps3 problem since it doesn't happen in a "private match." (online) As of now I'm lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brett

DSL_DRONE, did you ever find out what was causing your issue. Your the only other person online that Ive found that has had this problem. I had a very minor power outtage the other day while I was playing MW2. Now when I play it glitches every 5-10 seconds, extremely annoying. Ive tried other games online and mw2 is the only one that does it, I even played cod4 online and didnt have this issue. If you could respond and let me know what you did to fix your issue (if you ever did fix it) thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jknight View Post
    DSL_DRONE, did you ever find out what was causing your issue. Your the only other person online that Ive found that has had this problem. I had a very minor power outtage the other day while I was playing MW2. Now when I play it glitches every 5-10 seconds, extremely annoying. Ive tried other games online and mw2 is the only one that does it, I even played cod4 online and didnt have this issue. If you could respond and let me know what you did to fix your issue (if you ever did fix it) thanks.
    I would try reinstalling the game. Maybe the power outage messed up a file or to.