Thread: I forgot about this song, Dire Straits:Single Handed Sailor

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

I forgot about this song, Dire Straits:Single Handed Sailor

I can't find a good studio one on YouTube...this is the best I've found so far, a live concert, it's slightly flat sounding....BUT
    I just love his liquidy clean guitar sound....the solo gets very melodic starting at the 3:30 mark..

[ link ]
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I've been logging some serious time with my very well tuned two-channel stereo(duh) setup of late and I must say that Dire Strait's albums are produced and mixed by someone that knows what they are doing. The production values are up there, not quite Pink Floyd levels of perfection, but damn close. Also, Mark Knopfler can shred on a guitar no doubt.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Check out his solo in this cut, starts out slow..gets going after the 1 minute mark, really takes off around 1:40 mark...
    [ link ]
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

That's a good one...he makes it seem effortless.

Blog Entries
    Been listening to Dire Straits all evening long. One of my favorite bands. Wish I had been able to see them in concert when they were still touring. Mark Knopfler I think is probably about as great and understated guitarist as there is.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Been listening to Dire Straits all evening long. One of my favorite bands. Wish I had been able to see them in concert when they were still touring. Mark Knopfler I think is probably about as great and understated guitarist as there is.
    Seconded, seconded, agreed, agreed.

I have several live shows of theirs, very good quality, if anyone's interested.