Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    wait a sec.. he did do something!!

He signed a one year extension to the Patriot Act!! Ohh wait, didn't he object to that in the past? If anything he sure does flip flop alot!

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/32373
    Yes, and I believe certain members here posted about how they disapproved of Bush for the Patriot Act..... yet those same members were quiet as a church mouse when Obama extended it and even added to it.... taking away more of our freedom..... what's the term..... hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Yes, and I believe certain members here posted about how they disapproved of Bush for the Patriot Act..... yet those same members were quiet as a church mouse when Obama extended it and even added to it.... taking away more of our freedom..... what's the term..... hypocrisy.
    No there was a discussion of it and I don't remember many being quiet about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    To end this entire thread...we'll all concede that Obama is a complete fail and won't achieve anything. Now what do you want to talk about?
    So you are the decider now? LOL.

No problem listening to/reading the crying over BOOsh starting right after his "selection"

but when it comes to the messiah you want to end discussions A.S.A.P.

Feel free to start your own threads about subjects you want to discuss if this one isn't suiting you. It's real easy. We'll help you if you need it. really we will.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Uninsured for your health
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    So you are the decider now?
    Bush was the Decider! He made a habbit of reminding everyone that he was the one and only Decider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Never seen a person enjoy the implosion of his own party more then you Xpunge.
    I am enjoying watching the liberals and their agenda fail and fall apart. California in the 90s with Gray Davis started instituting a liberal agenda that has brought this state to the brink of ruin. California is a portent of things to come if this 60s liberal mindset is allowed to mold this country on a national level.

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I will address that. Since I have been a member here I have been on both sides of the aisle as history has shown. I am on the record stating I disliked the Patriot Act. It never crossed my mind that people might think that would change just because Obama has pushed for it's extension.

I don't play partisan games. A bad policy is a bad policy no matter who offers it up. My biggest beef with the way this thread has gone has been with partisan games being played. That's why I will always respect the insight of people like YoS and Jawz to name just a couple because they will speak for or against something regardless of party politics. Even if I disagree with them on something that will always garner my respect.

I am enjoying watching the liberals and their agenda fail and fall apart. California in the 90s with Gray Davis started instituting a liberal agenda that has brought this state to the brink of ruin. California is a portent of things to come if this 60s liberal mindset is allowed to mold this country on a national level.
    So would you say you are a conservative Democrat then?

Uninsured for your health
    Grey Davis was our governor when the people of this state voted for deregulation, that deregulation opened the flood gates for the likes of Enron et. al. to bend us over and pound us in the @$$ like MadDoc in a feild of sheep. Xpunge, have you lived in cali your entire life? Were you aware of the meetings that Arnie took with top Enron execs just prior to the recall
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

So would you say you are a conservative Democrat then?
    Your need to pigeonhole and paint is intriguing.

I am "decline to state" and proud!

where's my gray rainbow sticker damn it!.

Your need to pigeonhole and paint is intriguing.

I am "decline to state" and proud!

where's my gray rainbow sticker damn it!.
    I usually don't go into details like that, but your comments don't support your past remark that you are a lifelong Democrat. Now you say you are declining to state? Nothing wrong with having your views change, but I've never seen you make a single remark that would suggest you are anything other then a right leaning person which is far from being a Democrat.

That's why the intrigue is there. Most point out their views. You seem to prefer to state one thing while having a post history that suggests another. I'm all for grey areas in politics because most issues are, but I've honestly never seen you say something bad against anything other then Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    Grey Davis was our governor when the people of this state voted for deregulation, that deregulation opened the flood gates for the likes of Enron et. al. to bend us over and pound us in the @$$ like MadDoc in a feild of sheep. Xpunge, have you lived in cali your entire life? Were you aware of the meetings that Arnie took with top Enron execs just prior to the recall
    So much wrong here.
    Did you know that the city managers of Los Angeles refused to follow the then state administrations mantra to deregulate and held on to their power generating plants? Lone voices in a sea of insanity. L.A. now pays hugely reduced power rates compared to all other cities in California for this reason. Just because there was a vote to allow it, didn't mean it had to be done. don't confuse that issue. And lest we forget, it was Grey Davis who made plenty of money supporting deregulation, allowing the enron ass pounding.

Born and raised in Cali, here to see the crazy flood of illegal aliens, then closures of DOZENS of hospitals in metropolitan L.A. due to the crushing cost of giving free health care to these same illegals. here to see Gov. Moonbeam pass laws allowing public worker unions, the same unions that got sweetheart deals from Jerry browns Lt. gov. and then gov. davis that have us in a stranglehold now. here to see moonbeam brown campaign against prop. 13 then when it passed flip flopped and supported it. As the states coffers grew flushed with cash he then refused to give the money back to the taxpayers. here to see moonbeam brown shut down freeway construction statewide now leading to our continual traffic problems.
    Don't think i have any love for that stuffed schnitzel ahnold whatshisface. what a waste of skin! in his time we have lost BILLIONS of dollars in revenue due to rules and regulations enacted during his term and now he wants to enact state global warming initiative, that has been shown by UC professors that it will take billions more addition revenue from our state.

man I could rant on all day ticking off the failures of the liberal, the appeasers in this state.

rant off.

....... but your comments don't support your past remark that you are a lifelong Democrat. .......... but I've never seen you make a single remark that would suggest you are anything other then a right leaning person which is far from being a Democrat.
    I couldn't care any less if I do not fit your stereotypes.

But what the hell.
    I am for Universal health care, But not at a national level. The European union does not have national health care, each member country has their own plan to suit their populations. Large countries like Australia and Canada have populations akin to a single state in the U.S.

I am certainly not for the current abortion of a bill currently under debate in our govt.
    Considering how our govt. republican and democrat, liberal and conservative, have run things like Social Security, Medicaid/care ect.

I am anti Death penalty as well.

right leaning, you betcha!

I couldn't care any less if I do not fit your stereotypes.

But what the hell.
    I am for Universal health care, But not at a national level. The European union does not have national health care, each member country has their own plan to suit their populations. Large countries like Australia and Canada have populations akin to a single state in the U.S.

I am certainly not for the current abortion of a bill currently under debate in our govt.
    Considering how our govt. republican and democrat, liberal and conservative, have run things like Social Security, Medicaid/care ect.

I am anti Death penalty as well.

right leaning, you betcha!
    I wasn't looking to insult you. I was just curious on your views. I'm with ya on being Anti Death Penalty. Didn't use to be though.

So you are the decider now? LOL.

No problem listening to/reading the crying over BOOsh starting right after his "selection"

but when it comes to the messiah you want to end discussions A.S.A.P.

Feel free to start your own threads about subjects you want to discuss if this one isn't suiting you. It's real easy. We'll help you if you need it. really we will.

Jesus H Christ you are dense. Obama is a complete failure. What do you want to argue about now? Who are you preaching to because it sure as hell aint me.

Just keep in mind...nobody put up a candidate that could beat Obama...who is a complete failure and the current POTUS.
    Last edited by JawZ; 03-07-10 at 10:07 PM.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

No. You are not included with "us". So therefore, you can't use the term..."our". I disapproved of the Patriot Act while you hailed it. I continue to disapprove of it. Sorry, you are not included. "Your" freedoms are just fine...you have nothing to worry about. The Patriot Act is for your safety and well being.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    No. You are not included with "us". So therefore, you can't use the term..."our". I disapproved of the Patriot Act while you hailed it. I continue to disapprove of it. Sorry, you are not included. "Your" freedoms are just fine...you have nothing to worry about. The Patriot Act is for your safety and well being.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    Gosh by Golly, I miss Downhill........
    Where'd downhill go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Where'd downhill go?
    He got burnt out. Hasn't been on here in several months.

SG Enthusiast
    He got burnt out. Hasn't been on here in several months.
    Oh I see.....hope he's okay. Thanks.