Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 253

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

  1. #41
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Hiya Dan!! It's good to see you too!!! You still fishing?
    not so much fishing lately ,but I got did get back into photography and a college class.

  2. #42
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    who exactly is he trying to serve?
    The American people. He may not be serving your needs, but there is plenty of people that he is. For that matter so does every President. Some are pleased with what one would do for the most part and some aren't.

  3. #43
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    WHOA, WHoa,whoa! what makes you think you can come in this forum, that's half asleep, practically dead, 7days of threads on the first page and rattle the monkeys cages getting them all riled up! I mean, sheesh, and then here you come with your threads and stuff!

    BTW, ole barry is leading the charge in imploding the democrat party. As soon as that is done, then you can say he's really accomplished something.


    TeeHee.
    Never seen a person enjoy the implosion of his own party more then you Xpunge.

  4. #44
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The American people. He may not be serving your needs, but there is plenty of people that he is. For that matter so does every President. Some are pleased with what one would do for the most part and some aren't.
    Who are all these people you speak of that he has served? What has he done? What has been accomplished? How is America a better place?

    I think those are fair questions.

  5. #45
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    not so much fishing lately ,but I got did get back into photography and a college class.

    You're always into something...that's really good to hear...

  6. #46
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Who are all these people you speak of that he has served? What has he done? What has been accomplished? How is America a better place?

    I think those are fair questions.
    Democrats mainly. Take a look at the polling numbers. He has made in-roads in Pakistan as has been noted by news organizations, his Administration has seen the arrest of numerous high level Al-Qaeda operatives etc....

    As for America you guys have to be patient. Deny it all you want, but he took over a mess of a situation that Bush left him. Two wars, a serious, serious deficit. It's going to take time to resolve all of that. I mean come on everyone. This crap is ridiculous. Giving any President less then 3 years is just ensuring that someone has no desire to give a President any time at all. You can NOT overhaul a government the way you see fit in any less time then that.

    That's why I am so annoyed at the partisanship of people. It was 2003 before I ever started giving Bush serious grief. Same for Clinton and down the road.

  7. #47
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Democrats mainly. Take a look at the polling numbers. He has made in-roads in Pakistan as has been noted by news organizations, his Administration has seen the arrest of numerous high level Al-Qaeda operatives etc....
    Well, Let me dispel that myth from the get go. Obama is using all the tactics and legislation, such as the Patriot Act that Bush initiated after 9/11to continue the war on terrorism.

    As for America you guys have to be patient. Deny it all you want, but he took over a mess of a situation that Bush left him. Two wars, a serious, serious deficit. It's going to take time to resolve all of that. I mean come on everyone.
    Don't you think that obama blaming bush for all his woes as President is rather petty and shows how really small a man obama is? The buck hasn't stopped at Obama's desk yet. Even when a republican was voted in to replace Ted Kennedy in a Democrat stronghold , obama blamed bush. I mean, come on.

    This crap is ridiculous. Giving any President less then 3 years is just ensuring that someone has no desire to give a President any time at all. You can NOT overhaul a government the way you see fit in any less time then that.
    It's interesting you use the term "overhaul government". There is nothing wrong with our Government that requires overhauling. The Government itself is strong, albeit in need of constant maintenance.

    That's why I am so annoyed at the partisanship of people. It was 2003 before I ever started giving Bush serious grief. Same for Clinton and down the road.
    We were attacked on 9/11/01 and Bush led us out of the ensuing morass. NO ONE criticized him when we needed strong leadership.

    So, Roody, is it possible that the community organizer, President Obama is not equipped to lead this country as it faces the challenges of the 21st Century? And is it really that much of a disgrace for the Democrats to admit that?

  8. #48
    Elite Member TonyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    As for America you guys have to be patient. Deny it all you want, but he took over a mess of a situation that Bush left him. Two wars, a serious, serious deficit. It's going to take time to resolve all of that. I mean come on everyone. This crap is ridiculous. Giving any President less then 3 years is just ensuring that someone has no desire to give a President any time at all. You can NOT overhaul a government the way you see fit in any less time then that.
    This idea that it takes a long time to get something done is a lie that permeates our society. It was made up by those who don't want to see change occur. It is designed to thwart any forward progress, manifests itself with what we refer to as 'red tape'.

    But the truth is it's a lie. It doesn't have to take a long time to do anything (except maybe space travel). And that takes a long time for lack of technology, not a lack of incentive or desire.

    The so called mess each administration must handle is just a part of the plan to thwart progress. This pattern has existed since prior to the Civil War.

    Our current financial mess is the worst in American history, far worse than the Great Depression. Politicians did not create this mess, but they contributed to it.

    To those that believe otherwise, to those that believe that politicians have the power to change the scene, I encourage you to study history, the real history, not the stuff of Fox News or American school textbooks, but the truth about how govt works.

    So long as monies are managed and controlled by private corporations, and since govts depend on money as its prime source of energy, we will have bought and paid for govts. who do what they are told to do.

    Obama won't get anything effective accomplished, esp in the zone of health care. This whole health care issue is just a smokescreen anyway. Sure, it needs reform, but it's still a smokescreen, designed to mask the real crap that is going on...the financial rape of the workingman, man's inhumanity to man (war), mass drugging and dumbing-down of the population via big pharm and the APA/WFMH, rising crime stats & illiteracy caused by perverted public edu system.

    Remember that news in the seventies when it was discovered that the Pentagon purchased hammers at 10 grand/each? That type of criminal management has not stopped, it goes on daily here in DC and at state levels too. THAT is what needs reform. THAT is what needs to be changed. Change THAT mentality and we can then begin to see change for the better in our society.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

    LRH

  9. #49
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Well, Let me dispel that myth from the get go. Obama is using all the tactics and legislation, such as the Patriot Act that Bush initiated after 9/11to continue the war on terrorism.
    Not a myth it's a fact.

    Don't you think that obama blaming bush for all his woes as President is rather petty and shows how really small a man obama is? The buck hasn't stopped at Obama's desk yet. Even when a republican was voted in to replace Ted Kennedy in a Democrat stronghold , obama blamed bush. I mean, come on.
    So did you criticize Bush when he did the same thing regarding Clinton?



    It's interesting you use the term "overhaul government". There is nothing wrong with our Government that requires overhauling. The Government itself is strong, albeit in need of constant maintenance.
    Agree to disagree. There is a TON of things that requires overhaul.

    We were attacked on 9/11/01 and Bush led us out of the ensuing morass.
    Forgive the bluntness, but that is highly naive thinking. He didn't lead us out of anything. Bin Laden is still on the loose and we still have a mess in Afghanistan and Iraq.

    So, Roody, is it possible that the community organizer, President Obama is not equipped to lead this country as it faces the challenges of the 21st Century? And is it really that much of a disgrace for the Democrats to admit that?
    With all due respect I think you have no desire to give the man any chance and that's clouding your thinking. That's a popular way to do things around here. There is only a few members on SG who have shown themselves to have a history of angling for both sides (Paft, Jawz, David, YoSC, YoS and myself to name a few).

    In answer to your question I think Obama tried to do to much his first year.

  10. #50
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    This idea that it takes a long time to get something done is a lie that permeates our society.

    It was made up by those who don't want to see change occur. It is designed to thwart any forward progress, manifests itself with what we refer to as 'red tape'.

    But the truth is it's a lie. It doesn't have to take a long time to do anything (except maybe space travel). And that takes a long time for lack of technology, not a lack of incentive or desire.

    The so called mess each administration must handle is just a part of the plan to thwart progress. This pattern has existed since prior to the Civil War.

    Our current financial mess is the worst in American history, far worse than the Great Depression. Politicians did not create this mess, but they contributed to it.

    To those that believe otherwise, to those that believe that politicians have the power to change the scene, I encourage you to study history, the real history, not the stuff of Fox News or American school textbooks, but the truth about how govt works.

    So long as monies are managed and controlled by private corporations, and since govts depend on money as its prime source of energy, we will have bought and paid for govts. who do what they are told to do.

    Obama won't get anything effective accomplished, esp in the zone of health care. This whole health care issue is just a smokescreen anyway. Sure, it needs reform, but it's still a smokescreen, designed to mask the real crap that is going on...the financial rape of the workingman, man's inhumanity to man (war), mass drugging and dumbing-down of the population via big pharm and the APA/WFMH, rising crime stats & illiteracy caused by perverted public edu system.
    If you think something as slow moving as Government can be overhauled in a short period of time then I most definitely disagree.

    I do think the SC voting that limits didn't need to be put in effect on Corporate donations is an absolute killer to any chance the average American will get heard. Now all any politician has to do is cater to a select few groups and all is well. Regardless of your party affiliation that is a bad, bad thing.

  11. #51
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Thanks for your reply, Roody. Couple of points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Not a myth it's a fact.
    Its a fact that obama cannot take any credit for what Bush put into motion after 9/11.

    So did you criticize Bush when he did the same thing regarding Clinton?
    Bush didn't publically berate Clinton in his official capacity as President. If he did, even one time, I'd like to hear about it.


    Agree to disagree. There is a TON of things that requires overhaul.
    Constitutionally, we cannot 'overhaul' our government. Constitutionally, it's not broken. That's what I was referring to.

    Forgive the bluntness, but that is highly naive thinking. He didn't lead us out of anything. Bin Laden is still on the loose and we still have a mess in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    No forgiveness necessary. On 9/11 we were sent into a tail spin. It was our first attack on home soil by a foreign agent ever to cause such destruction and death. Bush led us out of that and had every corner of the globe giving us support against Al Qaida. He led us out of that fateful time like a true leader. His misjudgements and failures are another subject but Bush did his job. I am thankful even as I critique his long range goals. Obama has not one time ever given Bush credit for the safety of our public against Al Qaida operatives, but consistantly demeans Bush as though America had lost a war. In fact, we are winning the war. The onus of whether or not terrorism abates in the middle east does not rest on the U.S.

    With all due respect I think you have no desire to give the man any chance and that's clouding your thinking. That's a popular way to do things around here. There is only a few members on SG who have shown themselves to have a history of angling for both sides (Paft, Jawz, David, YoSC, YoS and myself to name a few).
    I know this much. Obama has had a Democrat majority and he hasn't done anything domestically, or in foreign matters. Iran's threat is still looming over us, South Korea snubbed it's nose at us, unemployment is up, the economy is failing and obama doesn't have a clue about what should be done. He is latching on to his healthcare program as his only legacy, and with a majority Congress, he can't even do that right.

    In answer to your question I think Obama tried to do to much his first year.
    Trying to do too much is a poor excuse for being ineffectual because of wrong choices. i.e. his failed attempt at broad sweeping health reform, which has been quite unpopular, his bid to contain certain countries from nuclear proliferation and his lack of detente with China when they practically own us. And with all that, he still continues to blame Bush.

    He's gotta go. We need someone in office for whom the buck really does stop at his/her desk. In my humble opinion.

  12. #52
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    We find ourselves with a difference of opinion Sarahnn. I know you have been on the record before stating that time is always needed to correct damages brought on by a previous administration. Hindsight like you said then is 20/20, but it doesn't make that damage any less real.

  13. #53
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    We find ourselves with a difference of opinion Sarahnn. I know you have been on the record before stating that time is always needed to correct damages brought on by a previous administration. Hindsight like you said then is 20/20, but it doesn't make that damage any less real.
    Just one thing about that. If Obama continues to look back at the problems he inherited as a reason for his lack of success, he is admitting he was not up to the job. Frankly, I don't think he is up to the job. I'll admit though, that I don't know who is at this point.

  14. #54
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Just one thing about that. If Obama continues to look back at the problems he inherited as a reason for his lack of success, he is admitting he was not up to the job. Frankly, I don't think he is up to the job. I'll admit though, that I don't know who is at this point.
    If he continues to dwell on that I agree with you 100% Sarahnn. Frankly I don't feel he needs to continue down that road anymore. I understood his point during his first year, but that year is over. Even though it takes time to implement those policies (more then just the first year) and make changes he doesn't need to continue to harp on it verbally all the time.

    He spent his first year trying to appease to many people. I do think he made some progress, but he needs to use the power of his office better in Year 2 and going forward.

  15. #55
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    If he continues to dwell on that I agree with you 100% Sarahnn. Frankly I don't feel he needs to continue down that road anymore. I understood his point during his first year, but that year is over. Even though it takes time to implement those policies (more then just the first year) and make changes he doesn't need to continue to harp on it verbally all the time.

    He spent his first year trying to appease to many people. I do think he made some progress, but he needs to use the power of his office better in Year 2 and going forward.
    It's good to hold Obama's feet to the fire. He wanted the job....he's got to deliver now.

  16. #56
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    It's good to hold Obama's feet to the fire. He wanted the job....he's got to deliver now.
    He's no different then any other President. Ultimately, the election ends and they have to get to work.

  17. #57
    Elite Member TonyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,343
    The fact that one inherits problems created by others is no excuse for not getting something done, period.

    All problems are inherited from the past. A problem is a problem because at some past moment in time someone failed to do something correctly. Any problem falls into this scope. It does not matter who created the problem.

    To solve any problem one must recognize the real cause of it, one must view the actual (not apparant) problem. So long as false reasons are accepted as the cause(s) then the problem will persist, it will not solve out.

    A leader who knows the above and who is willing to assume responsibilty for the existing problems of our society and nation will have a tough go of it, but he would at the same time be getting valuable products. (the president does have products of his job just as a factory worker has products he is expected to produce)

    All products have sub-products. For example, a factory worker has a product of "boxes of candy ready to be shipped to distributors". His sub-products are 'boxes ready to accept candy, candy itself, candy paper wrappers, etc.'

    Obama has yet to produce any viable sub-products! Unless you consider "extended war" a viable product of a nation.

    It is preposterous to expect any single president to reform health care. This issue will go on for many many years because health care is not an actual problem, it's an apparant problem. The real problems are health itself and the economic problems that we citizens have. If economic issue were rationally handled then health care would be a non-issue.

    So long as this country's economic plans endorse rewarding those that do not produce anything viable (unemployed, welfare, etc) we will have perpetual economic strain. So long as those who do produce are penalized (heavy taxes) we will have economic problems.

    So long as criminals hold elected positions we will have economic problems, for the common denomiator of criminality is 'something for nothing = reward for no production. = rip off.'

    The solution to all of the above is to remove from elected office all criminals. (or rehabilitate them) This does not need to take a long time either (a few years), but it will require that voters get educated in how to detect and recognize the criminal politician. The primary barriers in accomplishing this are the corp owned media who forward false information, our psychiatric based public edu system bent on furthering illiteracy and dumbing down the population.

    We could speed up the entire process with "wake up your neighbor' campaigns. Turn off the tv set and go talk to people you know. Turn off their tv sets too. Hold community discussions at local churches, community centers, schools. In short, fight back against the current corrupted system, not as revolutionaries but as 'evolutionaries'.
    Last edited by TonyT; 03-05-10 at 10:03 AM.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

    LRH

  18. #58
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    The fact that one inherits problems created by others is no excuse for not getting something done, period.

    All problems are inherited from the past. A problem is a problem because at some past moment in time someone failed to do something correctly. Any problem falls into this scope. It does not matter who created the problem.

    To solve any problem one must recognize the real cause of it, one must view the actual (not apparant) problem. So long as false reasons are accepted as the cause(s) then the problem will persist, it will not solve out.

    A leader who knows the above and who is willing to assume responsibilty for the existing problems of our society and nation will have a tough go of it, but he would at the same time be getting valuable products. (the president does have products of his job just as a factory worker has products he is expected to produce)

    All products have sub-products. For example, a factory worker has a product of "boxes of candy ready to be shipped to distributors". His sub-products are 'boxes ready to accept candy, candy itself, candy paper wrappers, etc.'

    Obama has yet to produce any viable sub-products! Unless you consider "extended war" a viable product of a nation.

    It is preposterous to expect any single president to reform health care. This issue will go on for many many years because health care is not an actual problem, it's an apparant problem. The real problems are health itself and the economic problems that we citizens have. If economic issue were rationally handled then health care would be a non-issue.

    So long as this country's economic plans endorse rewarding those that do not produce anything viable (unemployed, welfare, etc) we will have perpetual economic strain. So long as those who do produce are penalized (heavy taxes) we will have economic problems.

    So long as criminals hold elected positions we will have economic problems, for the common denomiator of criminality is 'something for nothing = reward for no production. = rip off.
    Never said it was an excuse for not getting things done. I did however state that it takes time to resolve some issues.

  19. #59
    Peace Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Rochelle, New York
    Posts
    18,122
    Woah!! Sarahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #60
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Woah!! Sarahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You forgot an "n"

Similar Threads

  1. Obama said to want revised Afghanistan options
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-09, 12:30 AM
  2. Poll: Americans high on Obama, U.S. direction
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-25-09, 07:31 AM
  3. "The Obama Effect"... This gave me a differnt prespective
    By blacklab in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-09, 02:45 PM
  4. Powell endorses Obama for president
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-08, 03:29 PM
  5. Secrets of Obama Family Unlocked
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-28-07, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •