Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

He needs to be far more assertive in the coming years. His attempts to try and get everyone to get along is killing his effectiveness. I respect his intent because in a perfect world that would be the way to go, but Washington is broken and being reasonable isn't one of their strong suits. The article below covers it fairly well.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/234372

You aren't allowed to question the obammessiah. Didn't you get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post

I get the idea of humor, but after watching the last Administration do everything not to be questioned on things it's hard to believe anyone can make that remark about Obama with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    I'm waiting for obama to get something done. Any ideas out there when that will be?
    Honestly? When he gets his head out of his ass about this universal health care farce and actually tackles some of the real problems that we're facing in this country. A high unemployment rate, an exponentially growing national debt, and a general sense of poor morale across the nation are much more immediate concerns than universal health care.

I wish that Obama would take a step back from his pet project and really look at the nation as a whole. We need some serious help, and that's not going to come from pushing private agendas and ignoring the masses in favor of the fat cats. Stop giving the rich tax breaks and putting the burden on the poor. Stop forcing small businesses out of business by making the barriers to entry for any field too high to enter. Encourage national specialization - stop pressuring people to have to be academic and go back to a system of apprenticeship and craftsmanship.

But that's not likely to happen. People are happy to sit on their asses and complain about the situation, but very few are going to work to change it.

Quit being so damn stubborn about the health care crap and address the lack of employment. If a person has a meaningful, fair paying job then all else will begin to fall in place. They need to spend time figuring out how to pay as they go or we're fricken' doomed by debt! The dollar is still valuable across the globe, but sooner or later the massive debt will get us.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Certified SG Addict
    For a second, I thought I was reading a thread at The Weekly Standard.

I'm waiting for obama to get something done. Any ideas out there when that will be?
    '

You sound like a typical Republican...always asking somebody else for ideas.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

And what will that be? Packing?
    Anything that will assist his bid for re-election!
    Presidents don't come up with ideas and get them into action.
    Presidents are pawns who are told what to do.
    They are bought and paid for front men for the banksters.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    He needs to be far more assertive in the coming years. His attempts to try and get everyone to get along is killing his effectiveness. I respect his intent because in a perfect world that would be the way to go, but Washington is broken and being reasonable isn't one of their strong suits. The article below covers it fairly well.

I started to say something stupid and you may think the same of this but here go's. I voted for Obama because I thought he would work to make the system "work". suceding or not just isn't up to him but up to all of us. Be it Democrat or Republican we need to harass our polititions to stop grand standing. Much needs to be addressed and compromise is the only way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    I started to say something stupid and you may think the same of this but here go's. I voted for Obama because I thought he would work to make the system "work". suceding or not just isn't up to him but up to all of us. Be it Democrat or Republican we need to harass our polititions to stop grand standing. Much needs to be addressed and compromise is the only way to get there.
    Compromise is ideally the way to go. No complaints from me on that. Unfortunately, I have seen little evidence that can be a reality.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1217

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post

Oh wow, I couldn't disagree more with that last line of that article. His unwillingness to hear the voice of the people that object to his leftist agenda is arrogant and petty.

I ask you, if you look at all his policies and actions in the past year, since he is a public servant of the highest order, who exactly is he trying to serve?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post

By the looks of his job-approval rating, no one got the memo.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    Honestly? When he gets his head out of his ass about this universal health care farce and actually tackles some of the real problems that we're facing in this country. A high unemployment rate, an exponentially growing national debt, and a general sense of poor morale across the nation are much more immediate concerns than universal health care.
    I'm with you up to this point.

I wish that Obama would take a step back from his pet project and really look at the nation as a whole. We need some serious help, and that's not going to come from pushing private agendas and ignoring the masses in favor of the fat cats.
    Obama is no friend of the fat cats. Remember he wants to redistribute the wealth?

Stop giving the rich tax breaks and putting the burden on the poor. Stop forcing small businesses out of business by making the barriers to entry for any field too high to enter. Encourage national specialization - stop pressuring people to have to be academic and go back to a system of apprenticeship and craftsmanship.
    I don't see obama doing that at all.

But that's not likely to happen. People are happy to sit on their asses and complain about the situation, but very few are going to work to change it.
    Americans are good people. they make positive changes where it is possible.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Anything that will assist his bid for re-election!
    Presidents don't come up with ideas and get them into action.
    Presidents are pawns who are told what to do.
    They are bought and paid for front men for the banksters.
    That's not a bad system. Ultimately, the American people can vote the pawns in and out of office.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    '

You sound like a typical Republican...always asking somebody else for ideas.
    What are we paying him to do?

WHOA, WHoa,whoa! what makes you think you can come in this forum, that's half asleep, practically dead, 7days of threads on the first page and rattle the monkeys cages getting them all riled up! I mean, sheesh, and then here you come with your threads and stuff!

BTW, ole barry is leading the charge in imploding the democrat party. As soon as that is done, then you can say he's really accomplished something.

TeeHee.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I started this thread, didn't I?
    Hi,Sarahnn,it's good to see you !

long time

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    WHOA, WHoa,whoa! what makes you think you can come in this forum, that's half asleep, practically dead, 7days of threads on the first page and rattle the monkeys cages getting them all riled up! I mean, sheesh, and then here you come with your threads and stuff!

BTW, ole barry is leading the charge in imploding the democrat party. As soon as that is done, then you can say he's really accomplished something.

TeeHee.
    Everywhere I go, it's practically dead. I have good memories of speedguide. Give you guys something current and you step up to the plate pretty good. And it's nice to be back.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hi,Sarahnn,it's good to see you !

long time
    Hiya Dan!! It's good to see you too!!! You still fishing?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Quit being so damn stubborn about the health care crap and address the lack of employment. If a person has a meaningful, fair paying job then all else will begin to fall in place. They need to spend time figuring out how to pay as they go or we're fricken' doomed by debt! The dollar is still valuable across the globe, but sooner or later the massive debt will get us.
    I agree with that. Do you know how many folks probably lost health insurance because unemployment skyrocketed in the past year??? Instead of Obama getting more folks insured, he's taking health care away from them.

He can't be that obtuse, can he?