Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 253

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794

    Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

    I'm waiting for obama to get something done. Any ideas out there when that will be?

  2. #2
    Elite Member TonyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,343
    3-6 months prior to end of term.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

    LRH

  3. #3
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    3-6 months prior to end of term.
    And what will that be? Packing?

  4. #4
    Elite Member TonyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    And what will that be? Packing?
    Anything that will assist his bid for re-election!
    Presidents don't come up with ideas and get them into action.
    Presidents are pawns who are told what to do.
    They are bought and paid for front men for the banksters.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

    LRH

  5. #5
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Anything that will assist his bid for re-election!
    Presidents don't come up with ideas and get them into action.
    Presidents are pawns who are told what to do.
    They are bought and paid for front men for the banksters.
    That's not a bad system. Ultimately, the American people can vote the pawns in and out of office.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Easto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    5,076
    I think he's doing a pretty good job. I really don't expect anything drastic from any President. Just keep the place from going to hell in a hand basket and I'm happy.

  7. #7
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I think he's doing a pretty good job. I really don't expect anything drastic from any President. Just keep the place from going to hell in a hand basket and I'm happy.
    Drastic? Unemployment is through the roof and obama has bowed to everyone but the Burger King.

  8. #8
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I think he's doing a pretty good job.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  9. #9
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    He needs to be far more assertive in the coming years. His attempts to try and get everyone to get along is killing his effectiveness. I respect his intent because in a perfect world that would be the way to go, but Washington is broken and being reasonable isn't one of their strong suits. The article below covers it fairly well.

    http://www.newsweek.com/id/234372

  10. #10
    SG Enthusiast OSULLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Catskills NY
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    He needs to be far more assertive in the coming years. His attempts to try and get everyone to get along is killing his effectiveness. I respect his intent because in a perfect world that would be the way to go, but Washington is broken and being reasonable isn't one of their strong suits. The article below covers it fairly well.

    http://www.newsweek.com/id/234372
    I started to say something stupid and you may think the same of this but here go's. I voted for Obama because I thought he would work to make the system "work". suceding or not just isn't up to him but up to all of us. Be it Democrat or Republican we need to harass our polititions to stop grand standing. Much needs to be addressed and compromise is the only way to get there.
    ___________________________________________

  11. #11
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    I started to say something stupid and you may think the same of this but here go's. I voted for Obama because I thought he would work to make the system "work". suceding or not just isn't up to him but up to all of us. Be it Democrat or Republican we need to harass our polititions to stop grand standing. Much needs to be addressed and compromise is the only way to get there.
    Compromise is ideally the way to go. No complaints from me on that. Unfortunately, I have seen little evidence that can be a reality.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1217

  12. #12
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    He needs to be far more assertive in the coming years. His attempts to try and get everyone to get along is killing his effectiveness. I respect his intent because in a perfect world that would be the way to go, but Washington is broken and being reasonable isn't one of their strong suits. The article below covers it fairly well.

    http://www.newsweek.com/id/234372
    Oh wow, I couldn't disagree more with that last line of that article. His unwillingness to hear the voice of the people that object to his leftist agenda is arrogant and petty.

    I ask you, if you look at all his policies and actions in the past year, since he is a public servant of the highest order, who exactly is he trying to serve?

  13. #13
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    who exactly is he trying to serve?
    The American people. He may not be serving your needs, but there is plenty of people that he is. For that matter so does every President. Some are pleased with what one would do for the most part and some aren't.

  14. #14
    You aren't allowed to question the obammessiah. Didn't you get the memo?


  15. #15
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post
    You aren't allowed to question the obammessiah. Didn't you get the memo?

    I get the idea of humor, but after watching the last Administration do everything not to be questioned on things it's hard to believe anyone can make that remark about Obama with a straight face.

  16. #16
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post
    You aren't allowed to question the obammessiah. Didn't you get the memo?

    By the looks of his job-approval rating, no one got the memo.

  17. #17
    R.I.P. 2013-11-22 blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,819
    Umm maybe when his term is over?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  18. #18
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Umm maybe when his term is over?
    You must mean his big accomplishment, or the one he'll be most fondly remembered for is moving out of the White House?

  19. #19
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    I rate this comeback a B-

    Simple and a good effort, but the initial reply and the trendy choice of Obama are whats lacking to get it in the A range.

  20. #20
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    thurakkenville
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I rate this comeback a B-

    Simple and a good effort, but the initial reply and the trendy choice of Obama are whats lacking to get it in the A range.
    I demand a recount.

Similar Threads

  1. Obama said to want revised Afghanistan options
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-09, 12:30 AM
  2. Poll: Americans high on Obama, U.S. direction
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-25-09, 07:31 AM
  3. "The Obama Effect"... This gave me a differnt prespective
    By blacklab in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-09, 02:45 PM
  4. Powell endorses Obama for president
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-08, 03:29 PM
  5. Secrets of Obama Family Unlocked
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-28-07, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •