Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I'm not going to entertain the tangents until we address the first issue with you.

First and foremost, I think you are being a bit disingenuous. Let me show you why I feel that way...

C'mon Sara...either you do or you don't. Pick one and let's get on with it. What data do you have that supports the justification of the Patriot Act?

You said, "Show me your data first. I would like to see the data which you drew your conclusion from.."

But, I haven't drawn any conclusions, nor have I attempted to justify the Patriot Act. It's not necessary. The P.A. is here, it's law and it's in your face. That's all the data I need at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    You said, "Show me your data first. I would like to see the data which you drew your conclusion from.."

But, I haven't drawn any conclusions, nor have I attempted to justify the Patriot Act. It's not necessary. The P.A. is here, it's law and it's in your face. That's all the data I need at this point in time.

No. You did in fact draw a conclusion that the Patriot Act was needed to protect us from terrorism. Why?

I think that those who disapprove of the patriot act have no knowledge of what it actually contains, nor how it works on behalf of U.S. citizens, not against them.

And it is aimed corrrectly at terrorists.

How is it aimed at the terrorists? There is no existential threat to the soil of the US from terrorism.

So how does a piece of legislation protect us from a threat that does not exist?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

No. You did in fact draw a conclusion that the Patriot Act was needed to protect us from terrorism. Why?

How is it aimed at the terrorists? There is no existential threat to the soil of the US from terrorism.

So how does a piece of legislation protect us from a threat that does not exist?
    I'm curious to know her answer also.

The only legislative power of the president is to veto. So technically the only thing he could do is prevent something from being accomplished.

That and he he could technically propose a bill to congress, but they don't have to do anything with it.

Uninsured for your health
    And that's what'd been going on. We like to distinguish ourselves from the rest of the world so we drive on the wrong side of the road, punish those without medical coverage, and pander to the religiouse right
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

SG Enthusiast
    The only conclusion I have drawn about the Patriot Act is that most people misunderstand it. Whether it is needed or not has to be decided by our government. I will clearly state that I am not against the Patriot Act. The reason why I hold back my objections to it at this point in time is that it expires automatically which is why Obama had to extend it for the second time while in office.

It is anti-terrorism legislation. That is how we know it is aimed at the terrorists.

Are you saying that the threat of terrorism does not exist inspite of the concensus of three past administrations? You'll have to explain yourself further on that. Obviously from the shoe-bomber, and underwear bomber, clearly terrorist threats due exist.

The only conclusion I have drawn about the Patriot Act is that most people misunderstand it. Whether it is needed or not has to be decided by our government. I will clearly state that I am not against the Patriot Act. The reason why I hold back my objections to it at this point in time is that it expires automatically which is why Obama had to extend it for the second time while in office.

It is anti-terrorism legislation. That is how we know it is aimed at the terrorists.

Are you saying that the threat of terrorism does not exist inspite of the concensus of three past administrations? You'll have to explain yourself further on that. Obviously from the shoe-bomber, and underwear bomber, clearly terrorist threats due exist.

You are not only being disingenuous, but purposefully obtuse. I haven't really seen someone on SG act with such blatant contradictions. This is your latest great bit of oratory prowess...

I will clearly state that I am not against the Patriot Act. The reason why I hold back my objections to it...
    lol

And NO...I am not saying that terrorism is not a threat...now listen very carefully Sara...I am in fact saying that Islamic terrorism isn't an existential threat to US soil and hasn't been for the past 40 years.

In any case, I'll take your diversions, tangents, evasions, as concessions.

Also, to formerly end the discussion, I give you all, the Pulitzer Prize winning site...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

As for Obama, he's made good on 96 campaign promises, compromised on 33, failed utterly on 16, and has 272 in the works with 84 stalled.

Focus on promises kept
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/

Focus on failures
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

Also, to formerly end the discussion, I give you all, the Pulitzer Prize winning site...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

As for Obama, he's made good on 96 campaign promises, compromised on 33, failed utterly on 16, and has 272 in the works with 84 stalled.

Focus on promises kept
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/

Focus on failures
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/
    I referenced that site earlier. It did very little to sway Sarahnn's view on the matter I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I referenced that site earlier. It did very little to sway Sarahnn's view on the matter I am afraid.

Defense mechanism at work. I believe it's called denial.

SG Enthusiast
    Defense mechanism at work. I believe it's called denial.
    You are the one in denial Jawz. This was my reply to Roody using the same source.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roody
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/.../promise-kept/

Roody, here is more information I needed time to break down about this politifact article on obama promises. This also came from politifact that makes my point.

Under each category, the promises obama has kept: I'm not including promises in the works because promises are broken.

Economy: 3 out of 20 promises.

Terrorism: 0 out of 7 promises.

Immigration: 0 out of 5 promises.

Military: 6 out of 33 promises.

Misc. Top promises according to Politifact: 2 out of 25 promises.

You are the one in denial Jawz. This was my reply to Roody using the same source.

and those numbers are incorrect according to the same exact source Sara. Go do your research again...or do I need to hold your hand and do it for you?

Screw it. Obviously you need hand holding.

Do you maintain that Obama has only kept 3 promises as it relates to the economy as cited by the Obameter?

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...jects/economy/

Learn to count.

SG Enthusiast
    and those numbers are incorrect according to the same exact source Sara. Go do your research again...or do I need to hold your hand and do it for you?
    I used Roody's source to counter his own facts. So, are you saying his facts from politifact are incorrect, or just my facts from politifact are incorrect?

SG Enthusiast
    Screw it. Obviously you need hand holding.

Do you maintain that Obama has only kept 3 promises as it relates to the economy as cited by the Obameter?

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...jects/economy/

Learn to count.
    I stand corrected unless the data was updated in the past 48 hours. He has kept 5 out of twenty promises at this point for a grand total of 11 out of 65 promises.

I used Roody's source to counter his own facts. So, are you saying his facts from politifact are incorrect, or just my facts from politifact are incorrect?

You're trolling Sara. What is the point of this thread? You have been given your answers to your thread's question. Obama has made good on 96 promises. So in turn, he has in fact, accomplished something. End of story. What needs to be discussed further?

SG Enthusiast
    You're trolling Sara. What is the point of this thread? You have been given your answers to your thread's question. Obama has made good on 96 promises. So in turn, he has in fact, accomplished something. End of story. What needs to be discussed further?
    Okay, you can't handle the discussion, fine. Move aside and let others respond whose egos aren't as needy as yours is. And stop trying to manipulate this thread to soothe your own insecurities. I will do fine here without your input.

Okay, you can't handle the discussion, fine. Move aside and let others respond whose egos aren't as needy as yours is. And stop trying to manipulate this thread to soothe your own insecurities. I will do fine here without your input.

There is no further discussion needed. You asked a question. It was answered definitively. You attempted to refute the facts given to you and you were proven wrong by your own admission. This thread is dead. If you have something else to go on about...make a new thread. I'm sure plenty of people here will play along. Or...you could ask an admin to help change your thread title to correctly identify your agenda. How about..."I don't like Obama and I want to bash him"?

Pretty simple stuff really.

SG Enthusiast
    There is no further discussion needed. You asked a question. It was answered definitively. You attempted to refute the facts given to you and you were proven wrong by your own admission. This thread is dead. If you have something else to go on about...make a new thread. I'm sure plenty of people here will play along. Or...you could ask an admin to help change your thread title to correctly identify your agenda. How about..."I don't like Obama and I want to bash him"?

Pretty simple stuff really.

Thanks for the bad rep mark for trolling, I guess you showed me.

Thanks for the bad rep mark for trolling, I guess you showed me.
    Your welcome. Tools of the forum...damn Phillip all to hell for implementing such features. lol

You reap what you sow. You come back and make a very partisan post filled with a hateful vibe. People are free to respond to you in any way they like as long as it's within the rules of engagement as spelled out in the TOS of the forums.

If you don't like negative feedback...don't post.

Also, it's very childish to bring up feedback as well as matters held in private discussions...just an FYI.