Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

DHD is working on his proctology degree. Railroad proctology mind you.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    No. You are not included with "us". So therefore, you can't use the term..."our". I disapproved of the Patriot Act while you hailed it. I continue to disapprove of it. Sorry, you are not included. "Your" freedoms are just fine...you have nothing to worry about. The Patriot Act is for your safety and well being.
    I think that those who disapprove of the patriot act have no knowledge of what it actually contains, nor how it works on behalf of U.S. citizens, not against them.

This is also one of the most bipartisan pieces of legislation in action today. And it is aimed corrrectly at terrorists. It was conceived after the Oklahoma bombing and refined and buiilt upon until Bush finally signed it into action.

Here's a site that may interest you.

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ll/subs/add_myths.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Oh I see.....hope he's okay. Thanks.
    Yeah he's doing good as I understand it.

SG Enthusiast
    Roody, here is more information I needed time to break down about this politifact article on obama promises. This also came from politifact that makes my point.

Under each category, the promises obama has kept: I'm not including promises in the works because promises are broken.

Economy: 3 out of 20 promises.

Terrorism: 0 out of 7 promises.

Immigration: 0 out of 5 promises.

Military: 6 out of 33 promises.

Misc. Top promises according to Politifact: 2 out of 25 promises.

(one was to send two brigades to Afghanistan.
    That wasn't his idea. It was a request from the Generals whose requests for numbrs of troops wasn't even met.)

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Yeah he's doing good as I understand it.
    Thanks again, Roody.

This also came from politifact that makes my point.
    Wouldn't it have to be all 0s to help your point?

Notice you do not capitalize obama while you do with Bush, any comment?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Wouldn't it have to be all 0s to help your point?
    Based on her comment that he has done nothing yes it would. I'm not going to argue with Sarahnn if she doesn't like the guy, but the claim that he has done nothing is false and been proven to be so even with her own information.

SG Enthusiast
    Based on her comment that he has done nothing yes it would. I'm not going to argue with Sarahnn if she doesn't like the guy, but the claim that he has done nothing is false and been proven to be so even with her own information.

One of the promises listed at politifact that was accomplished was that he got a dog. This makes my point even further. Getting a dog means nothing to the welfare of this nation nor does 99% anything else he's done. If you notice, nothing he has done could not have been accomplished by each State. He has done nothing noteworthy other than seize further control of this country, including the States. On a national level, the man is not up to the job.

SG Enthusiast
    Roody, I think you hit the nail on the head. What does "liking or not liking the guy" have to do with what he has done as President? Maybe you "like" him too much to see his failure to lead this nation.

Roody, I think you hit the nail on the head. What does "liking or not liking the guy" have to do with what he has done as President? Maybe you "like" him too much to see his failure to lead this nation.
    Sarahnn that's simply not the case. First off I am on record criticizing him with things when I think he is wrong and all you would have to do is look at my post history to know that. Second of all he has done something. That's a fact. I noticed you changed your remark though from having done nothing to having done nothing of note.

Truth is there is several things on there that he accomplished with one being the new credit card bill. The rules were terrible and although there is still loopholes that the CC industry found the situation is better then it was.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    Notice you do not capitalize obama while you do with Bush, any comment?
    Sure, obama doesn't need to be capitalized in order to know what I am referring to, while Bush does because it is a proper name and a noun that does not require capitalization. Good question by the way. I didn't realize I was doing that. It wasn't out of disrespect for the small-time community organizer.

This makes my point even further.
    They are all not 0s still. How does it help your point?

SG Enthusiast
    Sarahnn that's simply not the case. First off I am on record criticizing him with things when I think he is wrong. Second of all he has done something. That's a fact. I noticed you changed your remark though from having done nothing to having done nothing of note.

Truth is there is several things on there that he accomplished with one being the new credit card bill. The rules were terrible and although there is still loopholes the situation is better then it was.
    Yes, I did change it, I want to be totally fair. I am not trying to falsely discredit the man. I'm simply trying to show that he is not up to the job of President of the United States and leader of the free world.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    They are all not 0s still. How does it help your point?
    Politifact listed his getting a dog as one of his accomplishments. Most of the few promises he's kept are no more significant to the welfare of this nation than his getting a dog.

Yes, I did change it, I want to be totally fair. I am not trying to falsely discredit the man. I'm simply trying to show that he is not up to the job of President of the United States and leader of the free world.
    That's your right to feel that way. I will admit I don't see how you can because I believe every President needs time to implement their policies, but it's your right nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollnn View Post
    Politifact listed his getting a dog as one of his accomplishments. Most of the few promises he's kept are no more significant to the welfare of this nation than his getting a dog.
    Oh, you!

Blog Entries
    Sure, obama doesn't need to be capitalized in order to know what I am referring to, while Bush does because it is a proper name and a noun that does not require capitalization. Good question by the way. I didn't realize I was doing that. It wasn't out of disrespect for the small-time community organizer.
    P,

Our current president has a proper name, so it should be capitalized.

be well,
    d

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Gotcha.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    P,

Our current president has a proper name, so it should be capitalized.

be well,
    d
    Hi David, good to hear from you!! okay....Ohhhhh (nooooo), bama. How's that?