Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    You forgot an "n"
    Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by debbie View Post
    nazi

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Woah!! Sarahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, pretty lady....so good to see you again. XO

Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    Political trolls,
    Gosh by Golly, I miss Downhill........

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Bin Laden is still on the loose and we still have a mess in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    If they really wanted him, they'd of found him by now. He's America's Barbarosa.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    If they really wanted him, they'd of found him by now. He's America's Barbarosa.
    That's obviously speculation, but If that is correct then it makes it even worse that Bush spent all that time not getting him. Honestly it would make little sense for him not to have gotten him. Bush had destroyed all the good will he had gotten after 9/11 and he could have gotten a lot of that back by capturing the face of terrorism. If what you say is correct then he was ignorant not to have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    I'm waiting for obama to get something done. Any ideas out there when that will be?
    as opposed to what - Bush?

Bush did accomplish quite a bit while he was in office ... went through a trillion dollar surplus like it was on fire, got us into 2 (count 'em) 2 wars, mostly to put money in his rich friends' pockets ....

there is no way ANY president would be able to dig us out of the s**tstorm we're in this quickly - maybe not in 2 administrations ....

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    as opposed to what - Bush?

Bush did accomplish quite a bit while he was in office ... went through a trillion dollar surplus like it was on fire, got us into 2 (count 'em) 2 wars, mostly to put money in his rich friends' pockets ....

there is no way ANY president would be able to dig us out of the s**tstorm we're in this quickly - maybe not in 2 administrations ....
    I'm not comparing obama to anyone. Either he should do something constructive or get off the pot and let someone else try. Don't you agree?

I'm glad Obama has somewhat changed his mind on nuclear power at least.

I'm not comparing obama to anyone. Either he should do something constructive or get off the pot and let someone else try. Don't you agree?
    That's completely subjective though on whether or not he is doing something constructive. Truth is if you don't like the job he does then you can base your vote on that in 2012.

What??????????

If you aren't making a comparison, how do you know if the man is doing something constructive or not? What criteria are you applying? What or who established the criteria?

I think the lazy Republicans that were voted into Congress and the Senate should get off their fat asses and do something constructive. Don't you agree?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Uninsured for your health
    UOD!
    All the way in 2012!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    What??????????

If you aren't making a comparison, how do you know if the man is doing something constructive or not? What criteria are you applying? What or who established the criteria?
    The man hasn't done anything yet. There is nothing to compare him with until he accomplishes something notable.

I think the lazy Republicans that were voted into Congress and the Senate should get off their fat asses and do something constructive. Don't you agree?
    Okay, obama is blaming Bush and you blame the minority in Congress. You guys should step aside and let someone on board who is not into the blame game. This country needs some leadership immediately.

The man hasn't done anything yet.
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/.../promise-kept/

SG Enthusiast
    http://politifact.com/personalities/...yruling/false/

Yes he did sign alot of stuff the first year and spend alot of money for special groups. The only thing I saw that was useful on a National level was his approach to our National Parks. Maybe you could point out how he has made the overall economy, unemployment, foreign affairs, or defense spending improve our Nation's progress on a global scale. If you think about it, everything he has done could be done by each State respectively.

Maybe you could point out how he has made the overall economy, unemployment, foreign affairs, or defense spending improve our Nation's progress on a global scale. If you think about it, everything he has done could be done by each State respectively.
    Well just him becoming president helped our foreign affairs a little.

And I would like to know how each state could have worked on disarming some of our nuclear weapons.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    . Maybe you could point out how he has made the overall economy, unemployment, foreign affairs, or defense spending improve our Nation's progress on a global scale. If you think about it, everything he has done could be done by each State respectively.
    Defense Spending....and his projected budget..including cuts being implemented in short time. Uhm...if you think about it, what state could participate in that? The states with local business and economy based on national defense...why would a state want to lose that?
    My state for example, Connecticut
    *Pratt and Whitney....and many other supporting companies focused on supporting them..TCI, Birken, Doncasters, and as bunch of others.(one of the larger employers of northern/eastern Hartford area)
    *US Naval Sub Base of Groton ...HUGE impact on surrounding towns, it's like a whole separate town around there
    *US Coast Guard Academy, New London
    *Sikorsky helicopters
    *Yardney Batteries...Pawcatuck
    *Electric Boat....submarines...Groton (accounts for one of the largest employers in southeastern Connecticut)
    *Northrop/Grumman radar, Norwalk
    *Several firearms companies

I, for one, was happy to see the immediate budget of the Pentagon remain approx the same as it has during prior several years.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Yes he did sign alot of stuff the first year and spend alot of money for special groups. The only thing I saw that was useful on a National level was his approach to our National Parks. Maybe you could point out how he has made the overall economy, unemployment, foreign affairs, or defense spending improve our Nation's progress on a global scale. If you think about it, everything he has done could be done by each State respectively.
    Sarahnn you are on record stating that he has done nothing yet. That has clearly been proven inaccurate. I am more then willing to discuss issues with people, but I'm not going to continue to engage in the partisanship that I spoke about earlier. If you want to concede that your remark that he has done nothing is wrong then we will be getting somewhere, but nothing ever gets done if people continue to bury their heads in the sand simply because they don't like to be proven wrong.

The man hasn't done anything yet. There is nothing to compare him with until he accomplishes something notable.

Okay, obama is blaming Bush and you blame the minority in Congress. You guys should step aside and let someone on board who is not into the blame game. This country needs some leadership immediately.

The height of hypocrisy has been attained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you aren't comparing, you aren't blaming, you are just whining. Is that it? Like I said, come up with your own ideas or be still.

Obama will not accomplish anything. So what do you want to whine about next Sara? Who is your next target for comparing and blaming?

To end this entire thread...we'll all concede that Obama is a complete fail and won't achieve anything. Now what do you want to talk about?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    To end this entire thread...we'll all concede that Obama is a complete fail and won't achieve anything. Now what do you want to talk about?
    wait a sec.. he did do something!!

He signed a one year extension to the Patriot Act!! Ohh wait, didn't he object to that in the past? If anything he sure does flip flop alot!

As a senator from Illinois, Barack Obama was a critic of the Patriot Act. Last week, however, the Obama administration asked the House and Senate to extend the three provisions. "The administration is willing to consider . . . ideas [for modifying the law], provided that they do not undermine the effectiveness of these important authorities," Assistant Atty. Gen. Ronald Weich said in a letter to Congress.
    Not only is Obama a gold medal winner in flip-flopping, not only does he lack core ideals from the Democratic side of the Democratic party, he also has no leadership skills, at least leadership for progressive values. So once again, as in health care reform and on a score of other issues, the Obama administration had a real chance to propose fundamental changes of its own to the Patriot Act, but failed to do so. Again, as in health care reform, Obama has passed the buck to Congress where, of course, he knows that nothing will happen even though his own party has overwhelming majorities in both the Senate and the House and where his own administration has effectively undercut efforts for change.

Obama proves once again hes little more than Bush Lite. The Democrats prove once again they are little more than the second branch of the Corporate Party.
    http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/32373