Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Hi guys, anyone have an itinerary on when obama will accomplish something?

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Your welcome. Tools of the forum...damn Phillip all to hell for implementing such features. lol

You reap what you sow. You come back and make a very partisan post filled with a hateful vibe. People are free to respond to you in any way they like as long as it's within the rules of engagement as spelled out in the TOS of the forums.

If you don't like negative feedback...don't post.

Also, it's very childish to bring up feedback as well as matters held in private discussions...just an FYI.
    Oh, you wanted only me to know I got a bad rep mark from you?

Anyway, I've taken care of matters. I've emailed SG admin and asked them to delete my account here. You will have to find someone else to browbeat to compensate for your extremely low self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Oh, you wanted only me to know I got a bad rep mark from you?

Anyway, I've taken care of matters. I've emailed SG admin and asked them to delete my account here. You will have to find someone else to browbeat to compensate for your extremely low self-esteem.

I've given out plenty of positive as well as negative rep when it was warranted imo. Most adults just suck it up and keep going. People aren't going to have pity on you just because you cry home to momma after receiving some negative rep for acting like a troll. TBH, you shouldn't have acted like a troll in the first place. So this isn't my fault...it's solely yours. You own it all by your lonesome.

As for your account...why do you need an admin to delete it for you? Don't you have enough adult self control to refrain from posting on SG?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

SG Enthusiast
    I've given out plenty of positive as well as negative rep when it was warranted imo. Most adults just suck it up and keep going. People aren't going to have pity on you just because you cry home to momma after receiving some negative rep for acting like a troll. TBH, you shouldn't have acted like a troll in the first place. So this isn't my fault...it's solely yours. You own it all by your lonesome.

As for your account...why do you need an admin to delete it for you? Don't you have enough adult self control to refrain from posting on SG?

About your thread, "Can someone teach the GOP teabaggers the Pledge of Allegiance...please? " Was that a sincere question or were you just trolling? Let's face it you're a hypocrite of the highest order.

SG Enthusiast

I see you have your rep marks disabled. Is that to prevent you from facing the truth about how people see you here? I challenge you to enable your reps. Otherwise, I'll talk about my rep marks to whom I wish, when I wish. And there's not a thing you can do about it. So, suck it up, boy.

I see you have your rep marks disabled. Is that to prevent you from facing the truth about how people see you here? I challenge you to enable your reps. Otherwise, I'll talk about my rep marks to whom I wish, when I wish. And there's not a thing you can do about it. So, suck it up, boy.

Sara....couldn't keep away could you? So what happened to having your account deleted by an admin?

Also, nobody here is going to agree with you that posting private reputation remarks as well as the content of PM's is acceptable behavior. Reputation, as well as private messages are just that...PRIVATE! Making them public only makes you look childish.

Also, your post is the kind of post that would be best kept off the board and sent via PM as it doesn't relate to the thread and is simply another ad hom attack on me personally. Either way, I really don't care how you handle it because all your doing is hurting yourself.

Also, I posted your thread over on Ars Technica and they felt that your post was trolling in nature.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/248001173041

It's funny how other normal people find you to be a troll.

SG Enthusiast
    Sara....couldn't keep away could you? So what happened to having your account deleted by an admin?
    Your best bet would be to ask admin for that information.

Also, nobody here is going to agree with you that posting private reputation remarks as well as the content of PM's is acceptable behavior. Reputation, as well as private messages are just that...PRIVATE! Making them public only makes you look childish.
    I'll post a public list of who gives me a bad rep. That's half the fun. Are you going to stop me?

Also, your post is the kind of post that would be best kept off the board and sent via PM as it doesn't relate to the thread and is simply another ad hom attack on me personally. Either way, I really don't care how you handle it because all your doing is hurting yourself.
    You don't even know what an Ad Hominem attack is. I don't have time for such useless nonsense as attacking people but you better be prepared, I will defend myself when I am bullied.

Also, I posted your thread over on Ars Technica and they felt that your post was trolling in nature.
    And this site is what? The protocal site for the world wide web? Or some last ditch effort for someone, anywhere, (even if you had to go to another site) to keep you from looking like my thread was any of your business anyway. hmmmm?

It's funny how other normal people find you to be a troll.
    Oh now you are God and get to determine who is normal and who isn't? Well, look, God Jawz, it's been nice talking to ya. When you can carry on a convo without checking in with another site for permission to say what your thinking, look me up. I know alot of sites like ARS, but I don't need anyone's permission to say what I'm thinking.

Your best bet would be to ask admin for that information.

I'll post a public list of who gives me a bad rep. That's half the fun. Are you going to stop me?

You don't even know what an Ad Hominem attack is. I don't have time for such useless nonsense as attacking people but you better be prepared, I will defend myself when I am bullied.

And this site is what? The protocal site for the world wide web? Or some last ditch effort for someone, anywhere, (even if you had to go to another site) to keep you from looking like my thread was any of your business anyway. hmmmm?

Oh now you are God and get to determine who is normal and who isn't? Well, look, God Jawz, it's been nice talking to ya. When you can carry on a convo without checking in with another site for permission to say what your thinking, look me up. I know alot of sites like ARS, but I don't need anyone's permission to say what I'm thinking.

You are free to say whatever you want. Lefty was free to call you out as a troll. What does Lefty's thread have to do with me? Although I do support him 100%. Your thread was a troll thread. Other folks with no bias whatsoever saw your thread as being a troll thread as well. the experiment worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    Political trolls, while being a bit passe, are an almost sure-fire method of getting folks hopping around. I would give this a B to a possible B+ just for the sure-fire methodoly utilized to ignite a flame. YoS apparently has a tougher standard in mind, as do many tenured posters.

My apologies to Brembo for not having recognized his "on the ball" post. It looks like I was wrong that Lefty had made the initial call. Brembo has top honors. My bad.

SG Enthusiast
    So far, this is a great thread. My apologies for being sidetracked by taking Jawz bait and allowing the thread to be dragged under.

These are just some thoughts off the top of my head.

I wonder when and how America became so polarized that our candidates had to be extreme right or left like our last two Presidents. Many folks left the Republicans to become independents, and still the blue Democrats made obama's admin more diligent to reach some goals. I think that's good. The more controversy the healthier the administration but......not the kind of controversy that paralyzes progress.

I think the greatest leaders have always listened to the complaints of their charges to keep morale at an optimum. That may be what we are missing in the Presidency today.

You are not only being disingenuous, but purposefully obtuse. I haven't really seen someone on SG act with such blatant contradictions. This is your latest great bit of oratory prowess...
    Is this Burke?

Only messing with you Evan.

My apologies to Brembo for not having recognized his "on the ball" post. It looks like I was wrong that Lefty had made the initial call. Brembo has top honors. My bad.

I'll admit to fanning of the flames on my part so my prediction would have a better chance of comming true.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    I'll admit to fanning of the flames on my part so my prediction would have a better chance of comming true.

SG Enthusiast
    Here's some recent chatter from the Democratic underground. One of Obama's strongholds, of course. Also, keep in mind that your argument goes right out the window when you consider that Ted Kennedy's seat was taken over by a Republican after exactly one year of obama's abysmal performance.

Can someone list Obama's accomplishments so far?
    I'm very dispirited over his failures up to now.

Are we supporting him just because he's not a Republican?
    Is that all that's needed to build support?
    Personally, I need a better reason than that and I'll bet a lot of other people feel the same way.

I want to continue to support him but only if he has earned it. Has he?

Are there accomplishments that I'm not giving him credit for?
    Then from another obama supporter:

1. some of his more loyal supporters have floated around a long list.
    not much substantive on it, and many items aren't really his accomplishments.

I too am disappointed.

To some extent, your satisfaction will depend on your definition of "accomplishment" and on your willingness to split hairs over what he did or didn't really promise in 2008.
    demosincebirth (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-11-10 10:27 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    28. He sould have accomplished more in this past year!
    20. misleading list
    multiple sources = multiple administration and DLC sources

"restored science to its rightful place" is laughably overstated, check out the new national creationist science text books for science's actual place.

"largest green investment" is FAR FAR FAR FAR short of his promised revolutionary green economy and making the US the world leader in the new green economy

Prohibited lobbyists from serving... except when he didn't--he made numerous exceptions, plus he has done less than nothing to slow the influence of lobbyists in our government, which was his real campaign issue, and which is worse now than ever. This item is an example of moving the goal post after the fact.

Enhanced transparency... except for those secret meetings with Pharma and insurance execs that we didn't know about until six months (and irreperable damage) later, not to mention his new secret health care meeting proposals. Come to think of it, I haven't seen *any* Obama meeting on C-SPAN...

Successfully managed the H1N1 flu outbreak--*really!?* I mean *really!?* Other than the fact that there was no vaccine except for the stuff that caused neurological damage, just what "managing" did he do?

I could go on, but this is time consuming--easy, but time consuming.

Yes. GOP "accomplishments" (other than their parochial partisan success at stopping nearly everything) are zero, but even mentioning them in the list is an example of "false choice" fallacy. You don't get to say "drink our piss, it's so much better than their ****" and have rational people believe you're serving up pale ale.

I hope he comes around; we desperately need him to, but Obama's first year was an epic failure.
    There is much more to read both negative and positive. But to hear Obama criticized on the Dem underground requires pretty poor performance by the President and his administration in the eyes of his supporters.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x7696383