Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

  1. #1
    Br@bus
    Guest

    Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3


    Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
    Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

    When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
    whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
    establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
    windows/screens/pages.

    For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
    I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
    satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

    The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
    that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
    very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

    My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

    Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
    that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.

    Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

    Thank You.

    Regards, Shah
    ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com


  2. #2
    Br@bus
    Guest

    RE: Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

    Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).

    Regards, Shah

    "Br@bus" wrote:

    > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
    > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
    >
    > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
    > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
    > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
    > windows/screens/pages.
    >
    > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
    > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
    > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
    >
    > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
    > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
    > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
    >
    > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
    >
    > Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
    > that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.
    >
    > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
    >
    > Thank You.
    >
    > Regards, Shah
    > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com
    >


  3. #3
    smlunatick
    Guest

    Re: Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

    On Jan 29, 9:37*am, Br@bus <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).
    >
    > Regards, Shah
    >
    > "Br@bus" wrote:
    > > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10..5/11.
    > > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

    >
    > > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
    > > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
    > > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
    > > windows/screens/pages.

    >
    > > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
    > > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
    > > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

    >
    > > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
    > > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
    > > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

    >
    > > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

    >
    > > Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
    > > that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.

    >
    > > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

    >
    > > Thank You.

    >
    > > Regards, Shah
    > > ashah.nasaru...@gmail.com


    This problem is not with any Windows versions. Your problem is with
    pcAnywhere and there is no real method of improving the speed.
    pcAnywhere by design will display the "graphic" display on both the
    remote display and yours.

  4. #4
    Br@bus
    Guest

    Re: Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

    But it works fine with WinNT (I'm not sure what was done previously). Special
    parameters need to be added into the registry?

    Really appreciate your advice.

    Regards, Shah

    "smlunatick" wrote:

    > On Jan 29, 9:37 am, Br@bus <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > > Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).
    > >
    > > Regards, Shah
    > >
    > > "Br@bus" wrote:
    > > > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10..5/11.
    > > > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

    > >
    > > > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
    > > > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
    > > > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
    > > > windows/screens/pages.

    > >
    > > > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
    > > > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
    > > > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

    > >
    > > > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
    > > > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
    > > > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

    > >
    > > > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

    > >
    > > > Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
    > > > that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.

    > >
    > > > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

    > >
    > > > Thank You.

    > >
    > > > Regards, Shah
    > > > ashah.nasaru...@gmail.com

    >
    > This problem is not with any Windows versions. Your problem is with
    > pcAnywhere and there is no real method of improving the speed.
    > pcAnywhere by design will display the "graphic" display on both the
    > remote display and yours.
    > .
    >


Similar Threads

  1. Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) FAQ v20010108
    By jkristof@interaccess.com in forum comp.dcom.xdsl
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-09, 11:51 AM
  2. Remote connection
    By chrisx03 in forum Networking Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-08, 06:03 AM
  3. Network connection over a Netgear Access Point Bridge
    By Information in forum ms.public.windows.networking.wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-08, 11:40 PM
  4. Military sources: Dying spy satellite hit by missile
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-20-08, 03:47 PM
  5. Windows XP Remote desktop connection
    By jadedragon in forum Networking Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-07, 08:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •