Thread: SubSeven port probe

messiah

Post SubSeven port probe

MAC: 00509508061A

* Should I be concerned with this sprobe? advICE says its trying to run a trojan.

I tried to winnuke the dude, but no success.

(?) Is this probe common?

This probe is common. Black Ice has detected it a few times in the last couple months on my comp. I don't think there should be too much too worry about, since Black Ice is protecting you. However,hopefully someone else can give you more detail.

TonyT

You don't have to worry about it unless the sub-seven trojon is on your system. It was not an attempt to install it, but an attempt to trigger the trojan sub-seven, which uses the port that was scanned. If you have it & don't run black ice, & get scanned again it would send passswords out etc.

www.subseven.com

downhill

You should also expect to see this and several versions of this for sometime to come.

For more info click here.

Addikt

Exclamation

'tis true. It does have some very powerful tools, much like what you would find in an NT or Win-too-kay Resource Kit. You have the power to shut a system down with the NTRK. Sub Seven also has some 'fun' utilities you can play with, like opening and closing the CD-ROM, taking over the mouse/keyboard, etc... I've messed around with it before, with a guy. He had the client-side on his system, and I gave him a hard time while we were chatting. Kinda gullible if you ask me, but I never intended to do anything destructive. You can never learn how a program works unless you use it.

------------------