Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Could someone shed some light on this

  1. #1
    SG Enthusiast blacklab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,006

    Could someone shed some light on this

    I got this from a friend who is living in the US for the winter, who had it passed on to him by an American staying in the same location.

    I don't know much about the Muslim religion to know how true this is. I don't think any, or most of the Muslims I have met are like this, but who knows for sure. I do know Muslims are slowly taking over countries just by populating them.

    I am not trying to start anything here, I am just curious. I know I will be bringing this up with some of the Muslims I know. I believe in freedom of religion, but if this is the way Muslims feel I will have to evaluate my freedom of religion ideas.

    ============================================

    CAN A MUSLIM BE A "REAL" AMERICAN OR CANADIAN?


    In light of the murders at Ft. Hood by a Muslim Officer (who had sworn to defend the people, our Constitution and the United States) this article becomes more timely and real than ever.

    Can a good Muslim be a good American or Canadian?

    I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

    Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia .

    Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam.

    Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

    Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

    Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

    Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

    Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him.

    Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

    Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

    Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

    Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.

    They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans or Canadians.

    SO GO BACK HOME WHERE YOU BELONG!! Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

    If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

    The religious war is bigger than we know or understand!

  2. #2
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,010
    Allah is their god, not their moon god. Hes the whole big deal.

    I would say a Muslim can be as good an American as a Christian can be a good American.

  3. #3
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,042
    Looks like prejudice propaganda to me.

    I don't know much about the the Quran and many us in the west don't; people seem to take advantage of that fact and contort the religion into what they want you to see. I would not trust something like this as a basis for judging Islam.

    Further more in America we have freedom of religion and never should religion be the reason for barring someone from our nation. That would be un-American; as long as they follow the laws of our land I don't care what religion someone is.

    I would suggest that if you are truly concerned, then take this to a religious forum where the people more familiar with the religion and make a post there. Remember that prejudice breeds out of ignorance; don't judge someone or a religion off something like this. If you don't spend the time to actually study the topic then at least don't draw an ill informed conclusion.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  4. #4
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,154
    read this book and tell me what you think about radical Islam, really an eye opener to me for sure.

    http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Jihad-.../dp/1596985569

  5. #5
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663

  6. #6
    Advanced Member Xpunge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    615
    If'n peoples would pull their collective heads outa their PC asses they'd realise the truth of how radical/ fundamentalist islam is completely incompatible with freedoms.
    The freedoms most peoples in the western world have come to take for granted.

    Fundamental Hindu, Buddhist, Jews and Christians are nothing, NOTHING, compared to fundamental muslims.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

    "Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #7
    Advanced Member Xpunge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    read this book and tell me what you think about radical Islam, really an eye opener to me for sure.

    http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Jihad-.../dp/1596985569
    Two thumbs up!
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

    "Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    SG Enthusiast blacklab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,006
    YARDofSTUF

    I agree with you if it is a regular Muslim, but what about a radical Muslim. I know a fundamental Christian can be pretty scary. Islam does not seem to be a very forgiving religion, I mean if you can not laugh at yourself you have problems.

    jeremyboycool

    I am not trying to spread prejudice propaganda. I am just curious. I know nothing about the Qur’an other than what I see and hear in the news sources, and you know how reliable they are.

    I don't want to judge Islam on what I received, I was hoping a Muslim would shed some light on it. You know, a sort of Muslim on the street report.

    As far as your American freedoms, they are almost gone for the average person. Each time someone does something stupid, like the crotch bomber, you loose a little more freedom and your government quickly does something stupid that makes a few very rich. Think about how much money is spent every day trying to keep Americans safe. These so called terrorists seem to spend very little compared to what the US spends. If half that money was spent keeping Americans healthy there would be more alive at the end of the year.

    I am not drawing any conclusions, and I am not saying it is all bad in the US. We have many of the same problems up here, only they are about 1/10th the problem you have because we are about 1/10th the population.

    Mark

    The book would probably be a good read, but I would rather read something that give me a chuckle and/or makes me feel good.

    Xpunge

    I hope you are wrong, but I am afraid you may be close to the truth

  9. #9
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,010
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    YARDofSTUF

    I agree with you if it is a regular Muslim, but what about a radical Muslim. I know a fundamental Christian can be pretty scary. Islam does not seem to be a very forgiving religion, I mean if you can not laugh at yourself you have problems.
    Muslim extremists target populated areas and want Americans dead for the immoral lifestyle we have..

    Christian extremists target abortion clinics and praise deadly natural disasters as god's work killing the sinners.


    Neither are good Americans, nor good Muslims/Christians.

  10. #10
    Uninsured for your health
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    10,032
    According to an interview I saw recently with a man that's been working in Afghanistan and Packistan to build schools over the past 15 years, many of the extreamist grunts do not even know how to read. They are taken from their parents at a young age to be brainwashed into this lifestyle. His work has caused a huge reduction in extreamist activities as by educating the children early on to read and write, they are reading the Quaran for themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

  11. #11
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    If'n peoples would pull their collective heads outa their PC asses they'd realise the truth of how radical/ fundamentalist islam is completely incompatible with freedoms.
    The freedoms most peoples in the western world have come to take for granted.

    Fundamental Hindu, Buddhist, Jews and Christians are nothing, NOTHING, compared to fundamental muslims.
    "If'n peoples would pull their collective heads outa their PC asses they'd realise the truth of how radical/ fundamentalist islam is completely incompatible with freedoms.
    The freedoms most peoples in the western world have come to take for granted."


    There are 1.5 billion Muslims in this world and the entirety should not be judge on the actions of the few. Btw, it is also estimated to be 5-8 million Muslims in American.

    In my opinion, extremism is the problem, not the religion itself. Yes, religion does have on influence on who we are but the majority of the populations tells us religion alone does not create an extremist (as the greater majority of religious people are not extremist). Also you can see the same effect in non-religious groups as well; there are political extremists & racist extremists.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 01-20-10 at 08:02 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  12. #12
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post

    jeremyboycool

    I am not trying to spread prejudice propaganda. I am just curious. I know nothing about the Qur’an other than what I see and hear in the news sources, and you know how reliable they are.

    I don't want to judge Islam on what I received, I was hoping a Muslim would shed some light on it. You know, a sort of Muslim on the street report.

    As far as your American freedoms, they are almost gone for the average person. Each time someone does something stupid, like the crotch bomber, you loose a little more freedom and your government quickly does something stupid that makes a few very rich. Think about how much money is spent every day trying to keep Americans safe. These so called terrorists seem to spend very little compared to what the US spends. If half that money was spent keeping Americans healthy there would be more alive at the end of the year.

    I am not drawing any conclusions, and I am not saying it is all bad in the US. We have many of the same problems up here, only they are about 1/10th the problem you have because we are about 1/10th the population.
    "I am not trying to spread prejudice propaganda."

    Sorry to say, but regardless of what you indented that is what you did.


    "As far as your American freedoms, they are almost gone for the average person. Each time someone does something stupid, like the crotch bomber, you loose a little more freedom and your government quickly does something stupid that makes a few very rich."

    I am familiar of the limitation of my freedom in my home country. And in respects to religion, the threat to religious freedom in America comes from the public more so then the government.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 01-20-10 at 07:33 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Surf Board 5100 Power Light Blinking?
    By mattballew in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-09, 06:49 AM
  2. how to get wireless out to remote farm shed?
    By boggen in forum Wireless Networks & Routers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-08, 05:35 PM
  3. Keep up the comedy here guys!
    By Debbie in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-30-07, 06:50 PM
  4. Emmylou Harris...Light of the Stable
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-07, 04:28 AM
  5. SB5100 and blinking online light problem
    By neil78b in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-03, 01:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •