Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: More EarthQuakes

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In South Carolina.. the building that I was working in was shaking.. Almost felt like I was in a train.. everyone one was looking at everyone else.. then started to say.. earthquake? So I brought up the USGS page on one of our overhead LCD monitor.. sure enough.. pretty wild.

Just got hit with a 3.9 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

The main difference between east coast quakes and west coats quakes is that the west coast plates have separations, thus there could be a small quake in Pasadena and not be felt 30 miles away, or feels like a convoy rolling down the street. On the east coast, the plate has no major separations, thus the vibrations of the energy wave travel further and stronger.

Feeling a quake is an odd sensation. One detects the massive amount of energy. But when there's no damage, such as collapsed buildings, the effect is strange. The motion one experiences is so unusual. And the real danger of small quakes like we just experienced is the hysteria generated by people. The phone circuits were jammed for hours, people evacuated buildings and then took the rest of the day off. Traffic backed up early. etc. etc. Remember those grammar school fire drills? That's what it looked like around here, the adults stood outside buildings, chattering about disasters & finding reasons not to continue the day's production, clutching the sensations as an excuse to go home early.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    lmao at Sava's "Never Forget" pic.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

WTF is going on?!?!?!? I'm going to start stocking supplies..this don't look good!

7.0-magnitude earthquake strikes northern Peru

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck northern Peru on Wednesday, authorities said.

The quake's epicenter was about 350 miles (570 kilometers) northeast of the country's capital, Lima, and 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of Pucallpa, Peru, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

Authorities at the Geophysics Institute of Peru said no victims or significant damage had been reported. At least one aftershock had been recorded, the institute said.

Lima residents felt a brief, but strong, tremor.

The quake struck around 12:45 p.m. near Peru's border with Brazil at a depth of about 90 miles (145 kilometers).
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americ...html?hpt=hp_t2

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin&orb=1

Check out that.... advance it by days and you see the planets are lining up closer and closer .....

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    WTF is going on?!?!?!? I'm going to start stocking supplies..this don't look good!
    are you serious ? are you still tooting about an "end of the world" crap !?!?

this planet was built on earthquakes and has been having them long before humans were here and will continue to have them,like it always has !

hell ! the human race is more in danger of ending from ******** paranoia than any natural planetary occurrence !

you all thought it was gonna end in 2000 ! what happened to that ?

you are too funny sava LOL

thanks for the laugh,I needed that !

I will bring this thread back in a couple years when we are all here doing the same freakin thing we are now ! JUST like we were after the end of the world was supposed to happen in Y2K !

but honestly dude,your ranting makes me picture you as one of those guys on the street corner with a really long beard yelling biblical nonsense at anyone that will listen,

IMO you really are fringing on the whacky and your paranoia is getting the better of you.

I think you should consider therapy and get some professional help.

IMO you are verging on being a lunatic !

I know you will come back with I am attacking you and this is your thread ,stay out of it !

but the thing is that it's actually Philip's thread and take it anyway you want to,I really don't care.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-24-11 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    lmao at Sava's "Never Forget" pic.

LOL yes,here is the correct one

NEVER felt anything this powerful here before and you can't tell me this doesn't mean something is going on!!

I can and I will, what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Are you serious ? Are you still tooting about an "end of the world" crap !?!?

This planet was built on earthquakes and has been having them long before humans were here and will continue to have them,like it always has !

Hell ! The human race is more in danger of ending from ******** paranoia than any natural planetary occurrence !

You all thought it was gonna end in 2000 ! What happened to that ?

You are too funny sava lol

thanks for the laugh,i needed that !

i will bring this thread back in a couple years when we are all here doing the same freakin thing we are now ! Just like we were after the end of the world was supposed to happen in y2k !

But honestly dude,your ranting makes me picture you as one of those guys on the street corner with a really long beard yelling biblical nonsense at anyone that will listen,

imo you really are fringing on the whacky and your paranoia is getting the better of you.

Imo you are verging on being a lunatic !

I know you will come back with i am attacking you and this is your thread ,stay out of it !

But the thing is that it's actually philip's thread and take it anyway you want to,i really don't care.
    LOl you funny...

4.5 Aftershock hit last night around 1 am.. woke everyone in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    are you serious ? are you still tooting about an "end of the world" crap !?!?

this planet was built on earthquakes and has been having them long before humans were here and will continue to have them,like it always has !

hell ! the human race is more in danger of ending from ******** paranoia than any natural planetary occurrence !

you all thought it was gonna end in 2000 ! what happened to that ?

you are too funny sava LOL

thanks for the laugh,I needed that !

I will bring this thread back in a couple years when we are all here doing the same freakin thing we are now ! JUST like we were after the end of the world was supposed to happen in Y2K !

but honestly dude,your ranting makes me picture you as one of those guys on the street corner with a really long beard yelling biblical nonsense at anyone that will listen,

IMO you really are fringing on the whacky and your paranoia is getting the better of you.

IMO you are verging on being a lunatic !

I know you will come back with I am attacking you and this is your thread ,stay out of it !

but the thing is that it's actually Philip's thread and take it anyway you want to,I really don't care.

For not caring, you've spent alot of time on this post. Why was it important enough to comment?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    For not caring, you've spent alot of time on this post. Why was it important enough to comment?

no $hit dude ! that took a lot of energy,now I'm tired and I need to go bbq,

and I knew you would be posting on my reply , you are very predictable.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Save yourself the worlds about to end!

I think the ostrich is such a funny looking bird.

Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

best stock up on BBQ sauce... end of world may be near!!

2012... Galactic alignment... Something is going to happen. Look at the activity of the Sun. I am not saying it is Earth's total devastation but something is stirring.

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin&orb=1

Check out that.... advance it by days and you see the planets are lining up closer and closer .....

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cf...lease_2011-255

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-...stion/?id=3397

LOL. You cared enough to post again?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    LOL. You cared enough to post again?

you don't post much here anymore,

I feel so special that you come here to pay all this attention to just me !