Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: More EarthQuakes

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Well many seismologists are also saying the more that happen the more pressure put on the larger plates such as the ones at San Andreas that could cause the big one to be more powerful and more likely in the near future or within the next 10years!
    Well, clearly, my seismologists and your seismologists should talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Well, clearly, my seismologists and your seismologists should talk.
    Well I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake..but they all say "The Big One" will hit Cali at some point in the near future....not if but when!

There are so many others that will give way and build intense pressure when that happens that you will see a planet wide amount of destruction not to mention a tsunami wave much like shown in the 2012 movie.

Its coming.. maybe not in our lifetime but its coming.

SG Enthusiast
    Well I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake..but they all say "The Big One" will hit Cali at some point in the near future....not if but when!

There are so many others that will give way and build intense pressure when that happens that you will see a planet wide amount of destruction not to mention a tsunami wave much like shown in the 2012 movie.

Cali as in california or cali, colombia?

Seismologist Roger Musson: Haiti Quake Was the 'Big One'
    People talk about waiting for the Big One in California. Was this a similar earthquake for this fault?
    This was the Big One. The fault has been more or less locked for 200 years. Seismologists were unsure as to whether it would produce one Big One or several smaller ones. We seem to have the answer.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...#ixzz0hR6tAfc1
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...954165,00.html

So I guess not ALL say that.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    ALL that I've heard talking about Earthquakes then.... this is mainstream news outlets too,journals, history channel discussions etc... I'm convinced. Don't forget that when I say "The Big One" I'm talking about the one that will shake the hell out of California and push it into the ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    Cali as in california or cali, colombia?

"Well I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake..but they all say "The Big One" will hit Cali at some point in the near future....not if but when!"

That is interesting that you contradicted yourself all in the same sentence.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 03-06-10 at 05:37 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

"Well I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake..but they all say "The Big One" will hit Cali at some point in the near future....not if but when!"

That is interesting that you contradict yourself all in the same sentence.
    Your trolling again... and I didn't contradict myself, I said I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake - that means OHH HERE IT COMES IN 5Mins 43seconds!!!!

I also said I've heard em all (those that I've seen on mainstream news and so on) say that "The Big One" will hit cali at some point in the near future...not if but when!

See..you didn't obviously understand and your obviously trolling with nothing to add to this thread.

you guys dont worry - someone will pull 100 million plus $$ out of their - wait this is America we are talking about right?

Your trolling again... and I didn't contradict myself, I said I've never heard of one that can predict a earthquake - that means OHH HERE IT COMES IN 5Mins 43seconds!!!!

I also said I've heard em all (those that I've seen on mainstream news and so on) say that "The Big One" will hit cali at some point in the near future...not if but when!

See..you didn't obviously understand and your obviously trolling with nothing to add to this thread.

"those that I've seen on mainstream news and so on "

And if it is on the news then it must be true, right?

Could you provide us with the source of your information? What news outlets say the Big One is going to happen and on what information do they base this prediction?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

What news outlets say the Big One is going to happen
    CBS evening news, CNN morning XM discussions, not sure of exact dates and times.

CBS evening news, CNN morning XM discussions, not sure of exact dates and times.
    So you have not done any actual studying on it? Just whatever you have gathered from the news.

I suppose the best thing would be a trip to the library. But this really just seems be the typical overreacting masses again and I don't feel threatened enough to care yet. Although, I would not mind learning something about seismology.

But, Sava, you really should provide links that back up your claims. Not "O I saw it on this news channel, at some time that I am not sure of." Such a wishy washy post will make people think you're full of it.

One more thing, you can take your childish troll/derailing comments and chew on it. I mean really, grow up for the love of Zeus.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 03-06-10 at 10:17 PM.

....Don't forget that when I say "The Big One" I'm talking about the one that will shake the hell out of California and push it into the ocean!
    I generally stay quiet when you go on about your doomsday scenarios, quite humorous to read really, but this rubbish about California being pushed or falling into the ocean is just laughable.

"Will California fall into the ocean?" See links for answer.

http://seismo.berkeley.edu/faq/california.html

http://www.usgs.gov/faq/faq.asp?id=152&category_id=10
    Last edited by ThaDude; 03-08-10 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typo Humboldt pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post
    I generally stay quite when you go on about your doomsday scenarios, quite humorous to read really, but this rubbish about California being pushed or falling into the ocean is just laughable.

*quiet*
    (sorry, can't help it)

As a California resident it's a bit of a disturbing statement, given the smiley following it.

To heart I know Save is kidding though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDude View Post
    I generally stay quite when you go on about your doomsday scenarios, quite humorous to read really, but this rubbish about California being pushed or falling into the ocean is just laughable.

Superman will keep it from happening!!

The country of Turkey was hit by a 5.2 mag. earthquake, see.....? like i said , its going to be like a domino effect , I wonder which country is next.

Quote Originally Posted by cammy96tears View Post
    The country of Turkey was hit by a 5.2 mag. earthquake, see.....? like i said , its going to be like a domino effect , I wonder which country is next.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...nt;cbsCarousel

5.9 according to new reports.. and to think just in the last year alone I've heard of more large earthquakes than in the last 20years!!! Something is going on... something big!!

The Kandilli seismology center said the 6.0-magnitude quake hit at 4:32 a.m. near the village of Basyurt in a remote, sparsely populated area of Elazig province. The region is 340 miles east of Ankara, the capital.

The U.S. Geological Survey listed the quake at 5.9 magnitude.

and to think just in the last year alone I've heard of more large earthquakes than in the last 20years!!! Something is going on... something big!!

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=269245

I too use fictional movies to make sweeping predictions about the plate tectonics. Dante's Inferno is quite the treastie on mantle dynamics as well.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.