Thread: This surprised me

This surprised me

HOW BIG IS WALL-MART? This should boggle your mind!! And scare you as well!

1. At Wall-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3.. Wall-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wall-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wall-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English.

6. Wall-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wall-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, keeping in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy. (are we surprised)

9. Wall-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wall-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wall-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wall-Mart.

13. The value of product for Wall-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP) ...and that is only ONE port ...one way that Wall-Mart gets it's stuff.

14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level. (Interesting statistics eh, must be because they pay their employees so well)

15. Wall-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth. (Wonder what merchandise they have it their friendly Bentonville Walmart?)

16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wall-Mart's prices are no lower than anyone else's when compared to a typical families weekly purchases. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the consumer price index (CPI).

17. 92% of everything Wall-Mart sells, comes from China . Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world countries. (Yes China is in charge here alright)

SCARY 18. Wall-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on it's employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the common man)

19. Wall-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year.

20. Let Wall-Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace else.

Where do you spend your shopping dollars?

most of those stats are false, IMO, not funny

another e-mail forward that spreads false BS against corporate america

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/bigwalmart.asp

After 12 it goes off on its own.

It was not meant to be funny, it was meant to show how much middle America has let their country go to hell. If you think buying inferior goods at Wall-Mart is helping support corporate America you need to take another look at it. Where have all the small factories gone, where are the people who worked there gone, where can you buy quality products now days?

Who owns Wall-Mart anyway?

It is not spreading BS against corporate America. There really is no corporate America anymore, it has been bought up by foreigners, the same way Canada is being bought. It has been shown that big business is not good for the masses.

If you think global warming is a problem, it is nothing compared to the greed and corruption of a few. Life is not the same anymore and I am not sure it is for the best.

Some of the figures may be skewed a bit and need to be recalculated, but the are not that far off.

I find that if I buy the same items at safeway I pay more.

In that case, it doesn't matter where they are made if it's the same item.

Why should I pay more?

Safeway is union and they pay less than walmart because they charge union dues and pay minimum wage. I don't think that helps the common man.

For me, shopping at walmart gives me more expendable income to put into other areas of the market. (local wood shops, tools, dinner out...you get the point)
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Another thing, can someone explain how much money a person can make before they are called greedy?

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Safeway is union and they pay less than walmart because they charge union dues and pay minimum wage. I don't think that helps the common man.
    That would partially depend on what benefits they get from the union.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    It was not meant to be funny, it was meant to show how much middle America has let their country go to hell. If you think buying inferior goods at Wall-Mart is helping support corporate America you need to take another look at it. Where have all the small factories gone, where are the people who worked there gone, where can you buy quality products now days?

Who owns Wall-Mart anyway?

It is not spreading BS against corporate America. There really is no corporate America anymore, it has been bought up by foreigners, the same way Canada is being bought. It has been shown that big business is not good for the masses.

If you think global warming is a problem, it is nothing compared to the greed and corruption of a few. Life is not the same anymore and I am not sure it is for the best.

Some of the figures may be skewed a bit and need to be recalculated, but the are not that far off.
    Are you really comparing Walmart to global warming? That is hyperbolizing a bit.

I don't have a problem with Walmart and I have, also, never had a problem with non-English speakers at Walmart.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    HOW BIG IS WALL-MART? This should boggle your mind!! And scare you as well!

Where do you spend your shopping dollars?

You forgot to include these figures.......

http://walmartstores.com/CommunityGiving/204.aspx

http://walmartstores.com/communitygiving/203.aspx

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/9597.aspx

Isn't it "Wal-Mart"?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

okay question for you all, who is the largest employer in the USA ?

hint, it's not walmart

okay question for you all, who is the largest employer in the USA ?

hint, it's not walmart
    Well if you let me generalize then I say the government.

If not I'll go with Federal employees.

I believe Walmart is the largest private employer.