Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama offers sweetheart deal to Unions

Thumbs down Obama offers sweetheart deal to Unions

while the rest of the country gets shafted.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...PIJlIxXAm37DOM

Big Labor got some big love from President Obama and congressional Democrats yesterday after they agreed to exempt union workers from the whopping “Cadillac tax” on high-cost health-care plans until 2018.

The sweetheart deal, hammered out behind closed doors, will save union employees at least $60 billion over the years involved, while others won't be as lucky -- they'll have to cough up almost $90 billion.

The 40 percent excise tax on what have come to be called "Cadillac" health-care plans would exempt collective-bargaining contracts covering government employees and other union members until Jan. 1, 2018.
    What a disgrace Obama and his administration have proven to be in just one year in office. It's no wonder people aren't shocked that he has the lowest approval ratings of any President after 1 year in office. Hopefully, once the Dem's in Congress are run out of town at the end of the year and the Obamination is kicked out on his keister in 2013, the mistakes of this "administration" can be undone.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

no surprise here

We need to find a way to remove him before 2013. I know it's not going to happen until we clean congresses clock, but this guy can't stay 3 more years.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Probably about time Unions got something, they have given lobby money to every democrat in office.

And then the next administration will rinse and repeat and then people will be saying the same things and yadda yadda yadda?

Same here up North. Oh to actually see an administration come in that actually is a fresh and truly for the people by the people and is witnessed by the people with the actions they take and decisions/policies they implement.

The politicians have to compromise. It's about survival of the bill and their careers.

The bad guys here are the unions for asking. Just more soul-killing hypocrisy.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    And then the next administration will rinse and repeat and then people will be saying the same things and yadda yadda yadda?

Same here up North. Oh to actually see an administration come in that actually is a fresh and truly for the people by the people and is witnessed by the people with the actions they take and decisions/policies they implement.

At least up here everybody is charged and receives basic service. It maybe paid by individuals, unions, companies, welfare, or the Provencal Government, but the Federal Government figures so much per person when they are handing out the Federal share. If it needs to be topped off that is the individials responsibility. If you want more than the basic then you buy your own insurance. Once you get my age all medical is paid for and all but 15% to a max of $15 of my prescription are paid for. We have it better than most of the world, but we pay/paid for it. No one gets turned away and there are no special deals.

As far as getting a fresh bunch of politicians, that is not going to happen until elections are paid for out of taxes and a strict limit on how much each can spend. If you want to get elected then drum up your own support workers. There should also be a limit to the time spent in office. Being a member of the government should be a service, not a career.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    while the rest of the country gets shafted.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...PIJlIxXAm37DOM

What a disgrace Obama and his administration have proven to be in just one year in office. It's no wonder people aren't shocked that he has the lowest approval ratings of any President after 1 year in office. Hopefully, once the Dem's in Congress are run out of town at the end of the year and the Obamination is kicked out on his keister in 2013, the mistakes of this "administration" can be undone.
    The debate about excluding union health care has not been exclusive to Obama and his administration and, I got to say, anybody who has been paying even the slightest bit of attention should have seen this coming.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post

"by the people"

That is the problem, it is a government "by the people"; politicians are only as good as the stock they come from. If you want to improve the administration in the higher office, then work on improving your local community and cause and effect will do the rest. A bunch of superheros are not just going to swoop in and fix everything for you.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

"by the people"

That is the problem, it is a government "by the people"; politicians are only as good as the stock they come from. If you want to improve the administration in the higher office, then work on improving your local community and cause and effect will do the rest. A bunch of superheros are not just going to swoop in and fix everything for you.
    I wish I could agree. We have too many people voting without knowing what or who they are voting for and after the last few elections, I'm not even convinced votes matter. I'm fairly certain the whole thing is rigged from the get go.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Blog Entries
    Admirable, the union's ability to push back against the government. I wish other organized groups would do the same.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Admirable, the union's ability to push back against the government. I wish other organized groups would do the same.
    But if other organized groups did that, then it would hurt this plan, and that would leave the union haters torn to hate all groups and support the healthcare plan, or bash the plan and support the groups.

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    I wish I could agree. We have too many people voting without knowing what or who they are voting for and after the last few elections, I'm not even convinced votes matter. I'm fairly certain the whole thing is rigged from the get go.
    I never said anything about voting. If the stock you are voting from is bad then voting has little meaning.

There are some aspect of humans we'll never be able to change. But humans are, at least in part, a product of their environment. So if you want to incur change to the higher level then you need to initiate changes at the base level. Change the environment that future politicians grow up in and we'll have better politicians in the office. Same goes with voters, if you want better voters then work on improving your local community.

I mean lets' face it, the type of radical change people want is impractical. Then even by some rare stroke of luck we happened to get some superheros in the office it would be shorted lived and it would not be long before the next administration came in to mess upped any progress. If you want true and lasting change then it needs to go from the bottom up

Barry Soetoro, what a cruel joke of a human propagated on the U.S..
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    Barry Soetoro, what a cruel joke of a human propagated on the U.S..
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...occidental.asp

As snopes so clearly points out, his father called him barry Soetoro and registered him as such in school. That fact is indisputable. When barry chose to stop using that name is still in the dark, considering.....

barrys' "student records from Occidental College remain unreleased. He has not chosen to make them public, nor has any court ordered the school to release them."

Unprecedented for a modern president.

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

As snopes so clearly points out, his father called him barry Soetoro and registered him as such in school. That fact is indisputable. When barry chose to stop using that name is still in the dark, considering.....

barrys' "student records from Occidental College remain unreleased. He has not chosen to make them public, nor has any court ordered the school to release them."

Unprecedented for a modern president.
    If nothing else you would make Oliver Stone proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    If nothing else you would make Oliver Stone proud.
    Probably not, he's not so fond of the truth, and quite easily distracted by misdirections.

Again,

Barry Soetoro, what a cruel joke of a human propagated on the U.S.

Probably not, he's not so fond of the truth, and quite easily distracted by misdirections.

Again,

Barry Soetoro, what a cruel joke of a human propagated on the U.S.
    One thing I have learned about the detractors of this President. They will go to any route to discredit the idea that he isn't a legit President. Even to the point of saying he isn't a U.S. citizen as one example. Having been a Republican the first 30 years of my life and a Democrat the last 6 I find that disheartening. Then again he's far from being the first President to start out his Presidency with so much dislike. As several of the long time members here can attest to I similiarly disliked the lack of a chance President Bush was given when he first took office.

I am a Teamster, and I am happy about Obama finally.